liverpool v chelsea tuesday 8th may ko 8.00pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Greavesie » Wed May 09, 2012 12:06 am

glad to see we got at least some consolation against them - I'm going to watch it in later on. I'm more curious about the reception Torres got, was anyone watching or there to comment?
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby Kharhaz » Wed May 09, 2012 12:10 am

Greavesie » Wed May 09, 2012 12:06 am wrote:glad to see we got at least some consolation against them - I'm going to watch it in later on. I'm more curious about the reception Torres got, was anyone watching or there to comment?

Torres got slaughtered !  :laugh:
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Wed May 09, 2012 12:47 am

Bad Bob » Wed May 09, 2012 4:53 am wrote:It all comes a few days too late, of course, but it was an excellent all-round performance tonight and a fitting way to end the season in front of the home supporters.  Let's keep the tape of this performance to remind the lads how to be rebuild Fortress Anfield next season.  :cool:

Bob, they have to learn to produce these performances under midseason and cup pressure, not just at the end of the season when there's nothing to play for.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kharhaz » Wed May 09, 2012 12:54 am

Reg » Wed May 09, 2012 12:47 am wrote:
Bad Bob » Wed May 09, 2012 4:53 am wrote:It all comes a few days too late, of course, but it was an excellent all-round performance tonight and a fitting way to end the season in front of the home supporters.  Let's keep the tape of this performance to remind the lads how to be rebuild Fortress Anfield next season.  :cool:

Bob, they have to learn to produce these performances under midseason and cup pressure, not just at the end of the season when there's nothing to play for.

For me the difference wasnt the performance, it was the finishing. Again we managed to hit the woodwork twice, the difference being we managed to put the ball in the back of the net. Henderson will get there, Downing though, ugh, when he stepped up for the penalty I just knew he would miss.

We have performed brilliantly a lot of times this season but the records show we have the worst conversion rate not only in England, but across Europe, if not the bloody world !

We need to start taking our chances, against Chelsea, we did, but so many times we haven't. So like I said, the performance for me isn't the issue, its the finishing that needs to improve.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Wed May 09, 2012 1:25 am

at least we went out and gave a good show for the last home game of the season.
we were very good but albeit a second string chelsea,havnt seen yer man lukaku and romeu in months and the fact that torres played confirms that it was indeed a second string. :D
thats not our fault though and credit to the lads for putting on a good show with a couple of goals thrown in.
suarez is a tricky little ***** and was outstanding at times.carroll was magnificent again,showed for everything and distributed it well.great assist to pick out agger and well impressed with him at the end,he was honest and held his hand up and admitted its taken him a while to deal with the pressure but he's working hard.he is gonna be a real asset to us next season.
shelvey played very well and capped it off with a sweet half volley,great technique and vision.really like that lad and he is the one that will go on to emulate stevie.
henderson also put in a good shift and very fortunate for his goal but he did the hard part nicely.
downing :lookaround played well also but as soon as the pressure of the spot kick came he bottled it.
carra and the rest of the defence were pretty good also,kept torres at bay and were determined not to let him score :buttrock .
very happy at how we played but frustrated even more that they are capable of this type of football without any pressure.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby laza » Wed May 09, 2012 2:03 am

Great but somewhat bittersweet win for me

Roll on next season which hopefully brings us  a midfield that can provide Swerve and Big Andy the goods

PS Great to see Barnes and Fowler sitting in the stands together
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Wed May 09, 2012 4:31 am

laza » Wed May 09, 2012 9:03 am wrote:PS Great to see Barnes and Fowler sitting in the stands together

Kenny's brought them back? Now we're talking !
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Johnny Boy » Wed May 09, 2012 5:31 am

laza » Wed May 09, 2012 1:03 am wrote:Great but somewhat bittersweet win for me

Roll on next season which hopefully brings us  a midfield that can provide Swerve and Big Andy the goods

PS Great to see Barnes and Fowler sitting in the stands together

Pretty much how I feel too, really good performance , Carroll was immense, but you have to wonder why we haven't played like that more often
and especially the high tempo we started the game with.
Terry couldn't handle big Andy at all, if only we could turn the clock back to saturday.
Johnny Boy
LFC Super Member

Postby Homebooby » Wed May 09, 2012 8:35 am

Kharhaz » Tue May 08, 2012 11:54 pm wrote:
Reg » Wed May 09, 2012 12:47 am wrote:

For me the difference wasnt the performance, it was the finishing. Again we managed to hit the woodwork twice, the difference being we managed to put the ball in the back of the net. Henderson will get there, Downing though, ugh, when he stepped up for the penalty I just knew he would miss.

We have performed brilliantly a lot of times this season but the records show we have the worst conversion rate not only in England, but across Europe, if not the bloody world !

We need to start taking our chances, against Chelsea, we did, but so many times we haven't. So like I said, the performance for me isn't the issue, its the finishing that needs to improve.

AMEN
Homebooby

Postby red till i die!! » Wed May 09, 2012 11:46 am

watching ssn last night and you would be led to believe they actually liked us :eyebrow .
flashing across the screen and in the top stories was "liverpool thrash chelsea" :buttrock .one of the few times they actually gave us a headline we deserved.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Wed May 09, 2012 4:08 pm

The kop singing " She fell over" to Torres after he fell on his arse was class  :laugh: . Henderson playing with no anxiety or
apprehension ,and Shelvey looking accomplished and composed .... Carroll's  continuance of his  monstrous form ,and Carragher
finally shaving a couple of years of his age with his performance at the back .

Final word must go to Maxi ,because we will definitely miss his invention.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Wed May 09, 2012 4:32 pm

Least a few goals to end the year and send the fans home with a smile.

Nothing on the game like and it showed, Chelsea really couldnt have cared
less and left half the team out.

Pleased to see Sterling out there and felt that he should have replaced
Downing at HT personally.

Not much more to add really, decent nights entertainment but its when
the pressures on to perform week in week out we hit problems not in
a knockabout end of season outing.

Roll on next season.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby devaney » Thu May 10, 2012 7:51 pm

So Chelsea are assuming they will beat Bayern Munich at home to qualify of the CL next season. Brave move if that was the case. Go as far as to say what a bunch of arrogant stupid fkrs if they real did think that !!

Personally I think Chelsea put out a strong side that they thought were capable of winning. Let's face it over the past few weeks Anfield has been the most difficult place in the league to get some points.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Kharhaz » Fri May 11, 2012 1:07 am

devaney » Thu May 10, 2012 7:51 pm wrote:So Chelsea are assuming they will beat Bayern Munich at home to qualify of the CL next season. Brave move if that was the case. Go as far as to say what a bunch of arrogant stupid fkrs if they real did think that !!

Personally I think Chelsea put out a strong side that they thought were capable of winning. Let's face it over the past few weeks Anfield has been the most difficult place in the league to get some points.

I don't think that's the case at all. Di Matteo had a choice to make. As it stands, 4th place is in the hands of other teams results, however, the champions league final is still in their hands. So he had to make a choice, risk fielding a full strength team where you could pick up injuries, or resting the players so they are 100% for the big final. Whatever the decision, its a risk. Now it all comes down to the final. If they win, then they are good for next season, if they fail, well, its a disaster.
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games