Brighton (a) - player ratings - 21/09/11

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby only me » Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:30 pm

stmichael wrote:
only me wrote:
stmichael wrote:
only me wrote:Kelly - 5 ,looked rusty ,as time goes by i fail to detect real quality in the lad ,not the best of defenders and not a great deal of help to attack

Robinson - 5 ,type of players we don't need ,kinda ok but no more

Spearing - 5 ,apart from the terrible mistake on the penalty ,lost the midfield on the 2nd half ,again type of players which we don't need.

Beggars belief.

A well articulated arguement. Thank you!

so you "can't see any quality in kelly"? that's laughable. what player have you been watching?

and as for robinson, he's still a teenager ffs with barely any first team experience. what do you mean by he'e not the "type" of player we need. he's still learning the game ffs and yet i've still seen him have excellent games, like when he marked walcott out of the game at the emirates last season.

as for spearing, he was excellent last season and lets face it he couldn't do any worse than the likes of adam or henderson at the moment. as for not needing players of his "type" i don't see any of our other midfielders who are willing to press the ball like he does. he forms a better partnership with lucas than any other of our central midfielders.

Let's break it one by one.

Kelly ,saw him quite a few times ,Yes he is strong and Yes he has pace and Speed but his ability to work the line (Like Johnson when he feels like playing) ,his ability to pass the ball ,to support the attack on consistent basis ,well i just didn't see it yet. Saw if you want to settle for this set of abilities go ahead keep him for the long Run. I would rather see Johnson if he could only get his act together for the RB position and Flano which looks much more in control and intelligent as backup.

Robinson ,yes he young FFS ,but the premierleauge is sprayed with youngsters which show glimpes of potential and prospect ,what do you exactly detect in Robinson?

Spearing ,really? the Lucas-Jay pairing is our brightest prospeect of our future midfield? His work ethic is unquestionable ,his commitment is admireable ,but i'm talking potential and abilities.

From what i get from you is that you like people who chase the opponent and close them down...Well if we were a the Stoke or Wolves of the league then by all means those are the players we need. We need versetile players which deliver on defence and attack ,not one sided players..This is where we differ.

I don't bare any negative feeling towards any of those players ,just thinking of the future plans.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Thu Sep 22, 2011 5:24 pm

cmon guys 15 posts and only 6 ratings??? .
for scs's sake keep the thread for ratings only.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby RedSi35 » Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:51 pm

Reina - 6
Kelly - 6
Carragher - 5
Coates - 6
Robinson - 6
Kuyt - 7
Spearing - 4
Lucas - 5
Maxi - 7
Suarez - 6
Bellamy - 7

Subs
Gerrard (Suarez) - 5
Flanagan (Kelly) - 5
RedSi35
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:31 pm

Reina - 7  - Very quiet 1st half but dealt very well with everything thrown at in the 2nd half.
Kelly - 7  - Played well both going forward and defending.
Carragher - 6 - One of his better performances this season but seemed to go in a bit rash when he conceded the penalty.
Coates - 6 - Showed promise and apart for a couple of nervy moments on the ball showed promise.
Robinson - 7 - Played very well and shows signs of possibly being a future stalwart at LB for the club.
Kuyt - 8 - Hard working as ever and took his goal very well.
Spearing - 6 - Worked hard in midfield but made stupid mistake that led to the penalty.
Lucas - 6 - broke up a few moves and combined pretty well with Spearing.
Maxi - 6 - Pretty anonymous for major chunk of the game, assist in Dirks goal his only real contribution.
Suarez - 8 - Looked a danger as always and consistently terrorised the Brighton defence when in possession.
Bellamy - 9 - Worked hard, struck up a good partnership with Suarez very quickly.

Subs
Gerrard (Suarez) - 6 - Didn't really get chance to do anything but it was just good to have him on the park.
Flanagan (Kelly) - 6 - Again he didn't have that long on the pitch but did alright.
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:44 pm

Reina - 6
Kelly - 6
Carragher - 8
Coates - 4
Robinson - 5
Kuyt - 7
Spearing - 6
Lucas - 6
Maxi - 8