Aaron lennon in - Aquilani out

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby C-R » Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:26 pm

nothing on the eurosport website

would love to see him at liverpool, really rate him tbh and i wouldnt be too upset to see aqua leave us

perhaps harry sees him as a replacment for modric
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:31 pm

I'm not an Lennon fan, he's not a natural winner. Not sure he'll be any better than say Joe Cole.

And lets face it, why would Spurs sell him if he was any good?  ARE WE BUYING REJECTS AGAIN?
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:37 pm

Ben Patrick wrote:it will be bllocks but i would take him definitely.

This
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:39 pm

twitchy face was on the live rumour mill that is ssn and he mentioned nowt about it.if it was merieles then it could have a bit more truth to it.

lennon for aqua would be a good move though.i think lennon is a player that can improve greatly with us and hit his peak in a year or two.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby C-R » Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:43 pm

Liverpool are reportedly prepared to offer Alberto Aquilani to Tottenham in a bid to sign Aaron Lennon.

Liverpool's interest in Lennon was first reported at the weekend, with the £20million-rated striker believed to be one of director of football Damien Comolli's main targets.

And according to the Daily Star, a bid for the England international would include Alberto Aquilani, who has returned to Liverpool after spending last season on loan at Juventus.

Aquilani last week insisted he would return to Liverpool with "great enthusiasm" after seeing his chances of joining Juve on a permanent deal come to an end after the Turin side were unable to agree a fee for the 26-year-old.

Liverpool were believed to have slapped a £14m price tag on the Italy international, who cost them £17.6m when he joined from Roma.

But although Reds boss Kenny Dalglish recently hinted that Aquilani could have a future at Anfield next season, it is believed that the club will try to offload him over the summer in a bid to balance the books.

Tottenham insist that their star players are not for sale, but it is thought Lennon could be sold in a bid to raise funds for new players in a bid to keep Gareth Bale and Luka Modric at the club.

The Reds also remain keen on Aston Villa winger Stewart Downing, while the club are hopeful of agreeing a fee with Blackpool for midfielder Charlie Adam in the next few days.

Source http://www.crunchsports.com/categor....7040033
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:47 pm

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/756898-latest-liverpool-transfer-rumours-featuring-aaron-lennon-jeffren-and-izaguirre
did a search for anything on the lennon rumour and came across this site among others like goal.com and the star,don't know how reliable they are but if these 4 players end up here comoli will be a genius
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby dundreamin » Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:51 pm

This is BS Absolutley BS. And lennon is s.*i*e except for the john type:p
dundreamin
LFC Super Member

Location: skelmersdale. Land of the roundabouts and utter boredom

Postby Ray Pugh » Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:43 pm

I would love to see us sign Lennon.
Always rated him, a typical winger with lots of pace who's prepared to hit the byline. Some people moan about his end product, I think its fairly decent though. However it seems once your labelled with a flaw everyone harps on about it even if its actually improved.

I would prefer a straight money deal, keep Aquilani and forget Adam. However if Aquilani was worth around 13-14 million in the deal and Blackpool want 9 million for Adam I suppose it may make sense.

I would then love to see Mata and Aguero plus a solid left back

Its a lot to ask for but a summer of Henderson, Lennon, Mata, Aguero and Enrique would be fantastic

Alternatively Henderson, Lennon, Downing, Enrique and some other decent striker
Ray Pugh

Postby lakes10 » Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:55 pm

wrong page
Last edited by lakes10 on Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby boodiddy1 » Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:27 pm

Lets give them cole and aquilani. For me thats a good deal. Harry gets his kid back and a cultured midfielder who could replace modric in his team. we get the pace and outball that we havent had for a while. just need andy to grow some more to reach lennons overhit crosses!
boodiddy1

Postby Waldo » Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:09 am

boodiddy1 wrote:Lets give them cole and aquilani. For me thats a good deal. Harry gets his kid back and a cultured midfielder who could replace modric in his team. we get the pace and outball that we havent had for a while. just need andy to grow some more to reach lennons overhit crosses!

Beat me to it.

Aquillani and Cole for Lennon is a good deal for both clubs I reckon.
Waldo
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:03 pm

So what became of this rumour? Was there anything in it or is this just another Rajiv style rumour?
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby neil » Fri Jul 08, 2011 4:27 pm

Reg wrote:So what became of this rumour? Was there anything in it or is this just another Rajiv style rumour?

does rajiv commentate on eurosports live footy games? if so, yes.
neil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to The Rumour Mill