Why dont we make a play for arda turan?

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby NANNY RED » Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:18 am

iTS A FIELD OF DREAMS LADS

Give them Babel an he will come,  :nod im :censored: tellin yehs, Frank Rikjard and Johaan Neskins . thats the link
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:46 pm

Arda Turan: Turkish Golden Boy to Seal ‘Dream’ Move to Liverpool

According to reports in the Turkish press, Rafa Benitez rejected the January transfer window bid from Birmingham for Ryan Babel as he was trying to finalise a deal with Turkish giants Galatasaray for a swap deal plus cash for their captain and star man Arda Turan. No deal could be reached in time but the Turkish star is expected to complete a deal this summer and his quotes to Uefa.com confirm the player wants to move.

Turan said, “Of course I want to play abroad but it is our board’s decision. As I always mention, Liverpool attracts me because of their tradition. In Europe, I am a Liverpool supporter, so if I go to play in Europe, I would like to play for them.

“My dream has always been to play for one of the top European clubs, but you shouldn’t make concrete plans in your life because sometimes these plans cannot be achieved. This is my dream, but for now I’m just working on my football.”

The player was widely expected to leave Galatasaray last summer with the club finishing a highly disappointing 5th in the Turkish league, 10 points behind champions Besiktas. However, it would seem that this will be his last season playing for the club with Benitez and the player keen to seal a deal.

An added bonus for Liverpool would be the player’s versatility as he can play on either flank or even in a more central role. It’s no surprise that Liverpool are so interested with the golden boy of Turkish football as Rafa Benitez has been looking to add some much needed flair to his strong outfit for some time. Alberto Aquilani and Maxi Rodriguez may have joined but Arda is far more of a dribbler with the capability to beat defenders on a consistent basis.

The 23-year-old Galatasaray midfielder enjoyed an excellent campaign individually last season even though the team ultimately struggled after scoring 7 goals in 29 league appearances (27 starts). In the 2007/08 season he also weighed in with 7 goals in 30 league appearances (29 starts) which led to interest from England, Spain and Italy. As new captain of the side, Arda has scored 7 goals in 21 league appearances this season as the club sit top in the league, 4 points clear of 2nd place Bursaspor. The player would like to leave the club on a high and a league title would be the perfect send-off for the fans favourite. Arda is a team-mate of former Liverpool star Harry Kewell and reports suggest the Australian has given a glowing report about life at Anfield.

Since breaking into the first team he has scored an impressive 26 goals from 107 (101 starts) league appearances and has become a mainstay of the team that won the 2007/08 Turkish title. His match-winning performances in Turkey’s superb Euro 2008 displays also intensified the growing interest in the exciting winger as well as increased his price tag.

The player is expected to cost around £13m which may not be too much of a gamble for Liverpool if he can realise his amazing potential in England. Rafa Benitez is reported to have offered £3m and Ryan Babel for the Turkish star in January which would be good business with the sales of Andrei Voronin and Andrea Dossena comfortably covering that outlay.

Arda has won 36 caps for his country (4 goals) despite his tender age after progressing from the U19 and U21 sides. The winger is both quick and two footed and has been likened to former Galatasaray legend Gheorghe Hagi in his home country, so should give you an idea of how highly he is rated.

If Arda does join Rafa Benitez’ team this summer then the amount of creative attacking talent at the Spaniard’s disposal would be hugely increased following the arrival of Maxi Rodriguez in January. Arda fits the bill in terms of creativity and technical ability but we will have to wait and see if Liverpool can indeed secure the golden boy of Turkish football.

http://community.footballpools.com/blog....verpool
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby stmichael » Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:54 pm

reports today that he may be available in the summer:

http://www.nesn.com/2011....er.html
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby PabloMedina28 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:11 pm

stmichael wrote:reports today that he may be available in the summer:

http://www.nesn.com/2011....er.html

He must of recently signed an extension on his contract because he was available on a free this summer not to long ago. 14 million is still great business though. Sick of Spurs going after all are players, its like they sense were one of the big teams they can overtake, it reminds me of what Chelsea were doing with United when they fist got The Russian. I hope Turan and Liverpool havent changed thier tunes come this summer coz hes a player id love to see at this club.
PabloMedina28
LFC Super Member

Previous

Return to The Rumour Mill