end of season bosman list (updated)

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby stmichael » Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:45 pm

Some interesting names in there:

Not a great deal who I'd take from the Prem. Maybe Elmander as backup and I rate Coleman, although the bitters would never let him move to us.

There are some good options across Europe though. Taye Taiwo is on a free in the summer from Marseille as is Auxerre's Valter Birsa. We could also go back in for Sylvain Marveaux in the summer when he has recovered from his injury.

High profile Bosmans in Spain are Diego Castro of Sporting, Barcelona's rising star Thiago Alcantara and Real Madrid enforcer Mahamadou Diarra.

Hamit Altintop, Miroslav Klose, David Suazo and Phillipe Mexes are other notable players who will be availsble for free come the summer.

http://www.goal.com/en....twitter
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby paisleyred » Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:15 pm

if only it was like football manager!we would have the league sown up next season.
:D
paisleyred

Postby Raoul » Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:54 am

paisleyred wrote:if only it was like football manager!we would have the league sown up next season.
:D

If it was like football manager we would've been bought by Steve Sheepshanks instead of NESV.

Yes, some interesting names in there. Mexes or Upson everyone? Not everyone's cup of tea perhaps, but we have worse! Klose is interesting at the right price. As is Florian Dick from Kaiserslatern - I know nothing about him, but he should sell a few shirts?! :D

I hope we are not limited to Bosmans though - Werners comments seem to suggest not, which is good.
Last edited by Raoul on Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Life is not just about money. There are other things, important things that have a different kind of value. Anyone from Liverpool could tell you that."

- Jamie Carragher
Raoul
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby PabloMedina28 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:42 am

So Insuas gonna leave us in the summer for free?................Great business by Liverpool AGAIN. Seriously are we the biggest mugs when it comes to transfer dealing or what. Players always running down thier contracts, loosing out on future world class talent because we wont pay afew more million. If a team says you can have thier player for 10 million, then you give them 10 million, you dont make an offer of 6 then 7 then 7.5 million. You either pay them what they want or dont bother. How many times have we missed out on players because while were trying to haggle another team comes in and pays up? I hope NESV put a stop to this in the future.
PabloMedina28
LFC Super Member

Postby Raoul » Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:46 am

Don't Galatasary have him with the option to buy him at the end of the year?

Still, not the smartest thing we ever did.
"Life is not just about money. There are other things, important things that have a different kind of value. Anyone from Liverpool could tell you that."

- Jamie Carragher
Raoul
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:12 pm

Johan Elmander at Bolton would be a great signing, a totally different option, solid and scores too
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:28 pm

Not trying to knock any of those names, some good ones there but I really hope we arnt looking to fill any major gaps with more freebies. We need some top quality to get back to the top. Would probably only take Diarra.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:32 pm

bavlondon wrote:Not trying to knock any of those names, some good ones there but I really hope we arnt looking to fill any major gaps with more freebies. We need some top quality to get back to the top.

Mexes is miles better than anything we've got at the back at the moment.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Sat Jan 22, 2011 5:13 am

stmichael wrote:
bavlondon wrote:Not trying to knock any of those names, some good ones there but I really hope we arnt looking to fill any major gaps with more freebies. We need some top quality to get back to the top.

Mexes is miles better than anything we've got at the back at the moment.

i wont be surprised to see him either sign a new contract or join Arsenal. speaking of Arsenal, their current GK, i cant spell his name, he really reminds me of Schmeichel.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Sat Jan 22, 2011 5:20 am

Marvin Plattenhardt - one for the future. snap him up. German under-19 leftback.
maypaxvobiscum

Return to The Rumour Mill