Antoine griezmann.

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby jacdaniel » Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:14 pm

8.2M seems like a lot to spend on a 19 year old.  Especially when some people are saying Pacheco had a better tournament and he cant get a look in.   Seems like a case of us spending lots of money when really we should try make better use of what we've got.
"When you walk, through a storm, hold your head up high"
jacdaniel
LFC Super Member

Postby Ben Patrick » Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:17 pm

stmichael wrote:reports today that we've offered 8.2m euros for the guy. if it's true i have to say that i'm slightly underwhelmed, although anything is an upgrade on the likes of babel..

So about 6 million quid ?

I havent seen him player so cant comment at all.
It is a decent amount for a young prospect but it isnt like the Pacheco signing really as this lad is already a regular in la liga isnt he ?

See whether the big lezzer has heard anything  :D
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby jacdaniel » Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:43 pm

Pacheco would probably be a regular in quite a few La Liga sides.
My point is, perhaps we're spending a decent amount of money when we could save it by developing and trying our own players.

but perhaps there is room for both of them at Liverpool.
"When you walk, through a storm, hold your head up high"
jacdaniel
LFC Super Member

Postby tubby » Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:46 pm

Or maybe Comolli is actually identifying some decent youngsters that stand a better chance of playing in the first team. He is highly rated anyway so im excited.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Sun Nov 21, 2010 9:50 pm

I don't think he fits the profile of player we need. Too lightweight/lacking in the physical dept. Maybe worth a punt, but at £11m? Sabre, you and your mates must be wearing those rose-tinted specs again  :D
LFC2007

Postby parchpea » Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:49 pm

By all accounts he is lightening fast and can cross a ball plus I assume he is technically gifted. Power is important in any side but if you can play the game in small spaces and change direction quickly its very difficult to stop the movement and this is the way the game is going to a certain extent. I would like to see us use that model with a touch of grit in the right areas and providing we buy wisely, which we havent for a while, then we should hopefully see a decent entertaining side developing.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby Sabre » Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:41 am

LFC2007 wrote:I don't think he fits the profile of player we need. Too lightweight/lacking in the physical dept. Maybe worth a punt, but at £11m? Sabre, you and your mates must be wearing those rose-tinted specs again  :D

Last time we sold you a player you talked about him as a bargain, and laughing our selling price.

Not again.  :D Kwality is Kwality.

Seriously, winter market is always difficult and I don't think he'll go that soon. He seems like the kind of player that eventually might be gone to a bigger club. At that point Liverpool will be always well positioned because they have a history of relationship -Toshack, Westerveld, Aldridge, Alonso, Gonzalez loan-- where as others like Manchester United or Chelsea haven't it at all. We'll see what happens. His contract is 4 years away, and I think his proper time to go if we can't hold him will be at 21, and the end of contract is started to be not that far away. At that point it will be safer to sign him up and the price might me more reasonable than now he's 19, is impressing and has a new contract.

I'm off to Gijon in a few hours --I'll meet a well known newkitter there-- but I'll come back, I have to do some catching up in here after a couple of hectic months.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to The Rumour Mill