Newkit general election - Where are our votes going?

Please post your Non football related Polls in this forum

Newkit general election - Where are our votes going?

Labour
16%
Conservative
16%
Lib Dem
28%
UKIP
3%
BNP
6%
SNP/Plaid Cymru
No votes
Other
6%
I'm under 18
No votes
I won't be voting
25%

Total votes : 32

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:00 am

I am seriously thinking about voting Liberal for the first time, Labour have made a right mess of the economy and I just don't like David Cameron.

So many people are saying they would vote Liberal but its not worth it... well if everyone who thinks that actually voted for themwe may have a Liberal Goverment.
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby zarababe » Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:12 pm

Secret Ballot and all - WHO VOTED BNP :angry: Yer Nazi scum show yer self ... if ya dare !
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Greavesie » Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:56 pm

Ola Mr Benitez wrote:I am seriously thinking about voting Liberal for the first time, Labour have made a right mess of the economy and I just don't like David Cameron.

So many people are saying they would vote Liberal but its not worth it... well if everyone who thinks that actually voted for themwe may have a Liberal Goverment.

It depends tho mate, on where they live more than anything. For example, I live in labour land and I'm voting tory, I doubt my vote will make much of a difference

I'm not Cameron's biggest fan but he's a better evil than Gordon Brown IMO. Plus I don't want my opinion of them to be based purely on their leaders

As far as BNP go, I'm not one for scorning those with particular beliefs and whoever voted them fair enough, but they are in the minority and they know that so its best to keep their mouths closed on this one. The attacks that people get for voting them probably antagonize more people to vote for them because they know how easily it winds people up. Whoever voted them is probably a WUM
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby Roger Red Hat » Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:37 pm

well I voted Lib.Dems but so what if someone votes BNP? freedom to vote for who you like in this country
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:49 pm

I know my area of the woods is historically Conservative but I do find this Lib Deb popularity wave amusing. It's the same fickle voting pattern of voting for the party that strikes a chord with you on ONE or TWO of their policies. Happily ignoring what other policies they would bring in.

So in the spirit of fairness, it is only right to display all three parties main policies and compare them objectively. I have split the policies into the following categories - Tax & Employment, Education, Health and Other

Tax & Employment

Conservative
Scrap Labours planned 1% national insurance rise for people earning less than £35,000.

Recognise marriage in the tax system by allowing adults who are married or in a civil partnership to transfer up to £750 of their tax-free personal allowance to their spouse, as long as the higher-income member of the couple is a basic-rate taxpayer.

Raise Inheritance Tax threshold to 1m.

Labour

Restore the link between the state pension and earnings from 2012.

Give parents of one- and two-year-olds an extra £4 a week in Child Tax Credit for each child from 2012.

Guarantee people aged 18-24 a job, work experience or training place if they are unemployed for more than six months.

Liberal Democrats

Raise the threshold at which people start paying income tax from £6,475 to £10,000.

Impose "mansion tax" on the value of properties over £2m and increase capital gains tax to bring it into line with income tax.

Replace the Council Tax with a Local Income Tax after a pilot phase.

Education

Conservative
Create a Pupil Premium, giving more money to schools that teach the poorest children.

Labour
Guarantee a place in education or training for all 16 and 17 year olds. Protect existing investment in schools.

Liberal Democrats
Provide £2.5bn for a "Pupil Premium" for schools teaching the poorest pupils, allowing average primary school class sizes to be cut to 20.

Health

Conservative
No NHS spending cuts.

Labour
Ensure all people who suspect they have cancer get test results within one week

Liberal Democrats
No NHS spending cuts.

Other

Conservative
Scrap identity card scheme.

Labour
Hold a referendum on adopting the Alternative Vote system for Westminster elections and making the House of Lords fully elected by October 2011.

Liberal Democrats
Scrap identity card scheme.

Allow voters to force a by-election for any MP found responsible for "serious wrongdoing".

Introduce a written constitution and single transferable vote (STV) system for all UK elections. (Vote cast for candidates not parties i.e. US method)
Last edited by SouthCoastShankly on Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:57 pm

dont lib dems want the euro as well?
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:53 am

Lee J wrote:well I voted Lib.Dems but so what if someone votes BNP? freedom to vote for who you like in this country

indeed...we cannot discriminate against ethnic people in this country, so those same ethnics shouldnt discriminate against those who want freedom of voting for who they like

you cannot expect eveyone to like everyone for whatever reason, and some people will always hate those of a different creed or colour - its human nature to hate your neighbour from time to time

war shows this
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:59 pm

Judge wrote:
Lee J wrote:well I voted Lib.Dems but so what if someone votes BNP? freedom to vote for who you like in this country

indeed...we cannot discriminate against ethnic people in this country, so those same ethnics shouldnt discriminate against those who want freedom of voting for who they like

you cannot expect eveyone to like everyone for whatever reason, and some people will always hate those of a different creed or colour - its human nature to hate your neighbour from time to time

war shows this

I guess the question should be - Is it morally right to vote BNP?

But then if the voter is racist, he would answer 'Yes'...
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:54 pm

i read somewhere that the BNP are gaining more votes each election

but so are the tories over labour

racism is not only a thing attributed to white folk calling ethnics...what you must remember that other minorities can also be racist to one another, and too white people also

people only talk about racism when a white person calls a black person...but there is a flip side to the coin

racism is inherent in every religion, creed or group of people....no matter how small, every person on this forum has or is at sometime been a racist

racism is also attributed to the north south divide in England - that is racism

southern softie or northern monkey - its the same
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:08 am

Judge wrote:i read somewhere that the BNP are gaining more votes each election

but so are the tories over labour

racism is not only a thing attributed to white folk calling ethnics...what you must remember that other minorities can also be racist to one another, and too white people also

people only talk about racism when a white person calls a black person...but there is a flip side to the coin

racism is inherent in every religion, creed or group of people....no matter how small, every person on this forum has or is at sometime been a racist

racism is also attributed to the north south divide in England - that is racism

southern softie or northern monkey - its the same

Not really, if your being ultra PC you can make those comparisons. The BNPs essential argument is one of ethnicity. They would have you think that because the "black" race originated in the sub-Saharan continent, they should stay there or revoke their British nationality status.

Pathetic, quite frankly.

Friends of mine who aren't "white" but were born in the UK now aren't "British" because the BNP says the British race is "white".

In my book their words are as dangerous as Muslim hate clerics.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:21 am

This Clegg-mania is a load of rubbish imo. It's not like he has new policies from when he was speaking in the commons each week. It's the same guy just on TV with some makeup. So the nation only listens if they are on TV?

Im going to go with Labour. The only reason Cameron is targeting youth these days is because none of them were around or were to young to witness how badly they :censored: up last time. At least under Labour we only had 1 recession.
Last edited by tubby on Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:59 am

Left wing , right wing they are all turkeys to me

As my old man use to say, like nappies they need to be changed on a regular basis or they stink too much
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Greavesie » Sat Apr 24, 2010 1:00 pm

bavlondon wrote:This Clegg-mania is a load of rubbish imo. It's not like he has new policies from when he was speaking in the commons each week. It's the same guy just on TV with some makeup. So the nation only listens if they are on TV?

Im going to go with Labour. The only reason Cameron is targeting youth these days is because none of them were around or were to young to witness how badly they :censored: up last time. At least under Labour we only had 1 recession.

I've got to admit I find the Lib Dem love in a bit strange. It just seems that people are basing thier votes on 2 television appearances - NOT all mind, just quite a few

Theres a group on FB about getting the Lib Dems in, just like when RATM got Xmas number one. I'm begginning to think that many people dont realise the impact the Lib Dems will have on them. They'd rater just get the underdog in to show it can be done

Whoever you vote for, you can guarantee you'll be calling the PM a kunt within 6 months tho  :D
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby tubby » Sat Apr 24, 2010 2:24 pm

That is pretty much guaranteed. :D
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Sat Apr 24, 2010 3:09 pm

cant have Gordon Brown or Labour, it is that simple. They have royally f*cked it all up totally in the last decade
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Non Football Related Polls