Lets pay tribute to jerzy

Liverpool Football Club - The Players Lounge

Postby zarababe » Mon Nov 14, 2005 9:40 pm

.. it's fitting that perhaps his last game for the club was on a night when all were at his feet, saluting a grt goal keeping performance, when it counted he did it.. or as he says "we did it" . Even now his smile and his joy at doing the business for the Red men, is heart warming. I hope as some have said, he is a make-weight in a good deal for the club.. cos wherever he goes, he'll walk in to their first team..

Thanks for the greatest night in 21 years.. u were a 'pole apart' the rest :D
Last edited by zarababe on Mon Nov 14, 2005 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Mon Nov 14, 2005 9:48 pm

bigmick wrote:He's gone it seems and will go with our best wishes I'm sure. I don't know if Rafa does sentiment or not but it would certainly be a lovely touch if he stuck Jerzy on the bench for our next few home games in the Prem.If we manage to get a couple of goals infront with 10 minutes to go it would be a lovely touch to bring the Polak on for an Anfield farewell. Like Grobelaar before him, his penalty shoot-out antics are down in the folklore of the club. Also his save from the Shevchenko free-kick while we were 3-0 down was out of the very top drawer and made the comeback at least slightly possible.
I actually thought in his first season here he was the best goalkeeper we have ever had, absolutely brilliant. Such a shame that one dodgy spell seemed to erode his confidence and plant forever the demons which though lying dormant for the majority of the time, were prone to surface at the most inopportune moments. Good luck to the fella though, hope he goes to the World Cup and doesn't play too well when they play us (which lets face it, they always do).

Good post Mick, I agree with most of that.  Dudek's form in his first season with us was as good as any keeper we've had, but as you say once his confidence went there was no way back somehow.  Scarily similar to Westerveld before him who also had a good first season before losing the plot.  Let's hope Reina can break the mould.

In a way though, what Leon says about there being no room for sentiment in football is spot on.  Well, it's all well and good for us fans to be sentimental, but Benitez can't afford to be.  Dudek couldn't be relied upon and Benitez was right to bring in a new keeper.  His performance in the final was outstanding, but unfortunately that was a flash in the pan, it's easy to forget that his blunder in giving away an away goal to Leverkusen at Anfield could have cost us dearly in the European run.  But he made up for it and he can go out as a cult hero with the fans.  Good luck to him.

And one last thing, I don't think it will matter if Dudek finds a new club in January or not, I can't see him Dislodging Boruc from the Polish no.1 spot.  Talk about consistency?  The guy has been a machine for Celtic this season.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mitch22 » Tue Nov 15, 2005 12:58 am

we got a big pole in our goal

good luck jerzy
Liverpool are magic Everton are ..... :censored:
mitch22

Postby skipper » Tue Nov 15, 2005 2:08 am

Jerzy will always be remembered for the CL final.  Where ever he goes, I say good luck and thanks for the good memories.
You'll Never Walk Alone

RIP Phil
skipper
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Tue Nov 15, 2005 2:48 am

The guy will forever be a Liverpool legend......but it's time for him to move on......good Luck Jerzy!
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby H_K_LFC » Tue Nov 15, 2005 7:05 pm

He'll never be forgotten for that one game and you have to admit if it wasnt for him we would have lost....His save against shevchencko is the best save ever...just for that he is going to be remembered as a legend :D
H_K_LFC
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Tue Nov 15, 2005 7:15 pm

Good luck Jerzy - yuo deserve it.
Extremely dodgy after an exceptional 1st season and a half, but the lad did it for us. What a performance in the CL final. Stuff that in your pipe and smoke it Forlan!

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ivor_the_injun » Wed Nov 16, 2005 3:05 am

He's still a very, very good keeper, and I really hope he gets himself on the plane for the World Cup. It seemed to be the Man U calamaties that shot his confidence, but what a keeper he was when he first arrived. I genuinely thought we'd found our keeper for the next 8-10 years.
ivor_the_injun

Postby akumaface » Wed Nov 16, 2005 10:01 am

I will always cheer for him because he was indeed one of the best keeper in the first 2 seasons. And not to mention the incredible save against AC Milan, whether it was fluky or not, it was still one of the best and most important safe I could remember. Good luck and it would serve him best to move on. Let's hope Poland would do well in World Cup next year. :)
akumaface
LFC Super Member

Postby 2520years » Wed Nov 16, 2005 11:46 pm

He always gives his best and plays for the Jersey.  That's all we ask.
:)
My earliest memory.
2520years

Postby ozzie1000 » Thu Nov 17, 2005 3:49 pm

wat bout KIRKLAND?
ozzie1000

Postby stmichael » Thu Nov 17, 2005 5:29 pm

2520years wrote:He always gives his best and plays for the Jersey.

is that for the jersey or for the jerzy? :D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby flipmode » Fri Feb 03, 2006 3:30 pm

Legend, wont be forgotten, especially for twarting Shevchenko, good luck

Image Image

Image Image Image Image
ImageImageImageImage
flipmode
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - The Players Lounge