Javier mascherano - He is happy just to feel wanted

Liverpool Football Club - The Players Lounge

Postby Sabre » Tue Oct 16, 2007 1:53 pm

Ace Ventura wrote:
LFC2007 wrote:Barcelona have moved to play down talk that they are set to make a bid for Liverpool's Javier Mascherano.

Sources at the Catalan giants have insisted that the Argentine is not currently on their list of targets.

It is believed that Mascherano was looked at last season by Barca, before he moved from West Ham to Liverpool.

"There exists no contact with the agents because the player is not on our list of objectives," the source said.

Barca had been strongly linked with a bid for Mascherano - who has stated his desire to sign a new long-term deal at Anfield.

They only signed Yaya Toure in the summer so it would be surprising if they were going to come in with a massive bid for a player in the same position.
Especially as he is not a flair player.

I read this yesterday and didn't bother to translate the article as it seemed bullshít to me.

They made out a story just because his agent makes a stop in barcelona coming from a trip from Argentina. The article is simple speculation and  they also stress in the same article the first priority is Cesc. They'll hardly convince a player to leave Liverpool if they treat them as second options

I wouldn't be worried!
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Tue Oct 16, 2007 4:36 pm

Sabre wrote:
Ace Ventura wrote:
LFC2007 wrote:Barcelona have moved to play down talk that they are set to make a bid for Liverpool's Javier Mascherano.

Sources at the Catalan giants have insisted that the Argentine is not currently on their list of targets.

It is believed that Mascherano was looked at last season by Barca, before he moved from West Ham to Liverpool.

"There exists no contact with the agents because the player is not on our list of objectives," the source said.

Barca had been strongly linked with a bid for Mascherano - who has stated his desire to sign a new long-term deal at Anfield.

They only signed Yaya Toure in the summer so it would be surprising if they were going to come in with a massive bid for a player in the same position.
Especially as he is not a flair player.

I read this yesterday and didn't bother to translate the article as it seemed bullshít to me.

They made out a story just because his agent makes a stop in barcelona coming from a trip from Argentina. The article is simple speculation and  they also stress in the same article the first priority is Cesc. They'll hardly convince a player to leave Liverpool if they treat them as second options

I wouldn't be worried!

I was countering negative bullshit with positive bullshit.

:D
LFC2007

Postby Sabre » Tue Oct 16, 2007 4:53 pm

Yeh, it was my fault LFC2007, as soon as I read "Catalan sources" I just thought it was referring to an article linking Mascherano to Barcelona and posted it straight away. I only realised you were posting the negative answer of Barcelona on second read!! :D

Most articles coming from AS and Marca and talking about players coming to Spain is bullshít. They did with Alonso, they did it with Cesc who they said he was gonna play for Madrid, and they do it everytime they can, as filling up a paper of football everyday is difficult if you don't make up stories.

My fault.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby drunknmunky » Sat Oct 20, 2007 2:12 am

Masch wants to stay, Rafa wants to keep him so I don't see a major problem. Parry knows what he is doing when it comes to premier league rules so signing him wont be a problem. £17m is not a lot of money for a truely world class potential, a five year contract should be the priority next summer, probably one of the best signings we will ever make. I have watched him alot playing for Argentina, even before the last world cup and I think he is the best in the world at what he does, Maradonna called him a monster and now I know why. A future LFC captain for sure.
drunknmunky

Postby parvin » Sat Oct 20, 2007 4:45 pm

drunknmunky wrote:Masch wants to stay, Rafa wants to keep him so I don't see a major problem. Parry knows what he is doing when it comes to premier league rules so signing him wont be a problem. £17m is not a lot of money for a truely world class potential, a five year contract should be the priority next summer, probably one of the best signings we will ever make. I have watched him alot playing for Argentina, even before the last world cup and I think he is the best in the world at what he does, Maradonna called him a monster and now I know why. A future LFC captain for sure.

spot on mate , he's a great young prospect
parvin

Postby Toffeehater » Wed Nov 21, 2007 4:45 pm

drunknmunky wrote:Masch wants to stay, Rafa wants to keep him so I don't see a major problem. Parry knows what he is doing when it comes to premier league rules so signing him wont be a problem. £17m is not a lot of money for a truely world class potential, a five year contract should be the priority next summer, probably one of the best signings we will ever make. I have watched him alot playing for Argentina, even before the last world cup and I think he is the best in the world at what he does, Maradonna called him a monster and now I know why. A future LFC captain for sure.

rafa should just snap him right now and the money we are paying for him is not alot compared to wat the manure spent on nani , anderson or carrick . Not trying to be bias or anything but frm what i have seen , they are all nothing compared to masch , just hope we sign him before barca snap him up
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby juljuve » Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:35 pm

he is my favourite player in the world...
Juventus and Liverpool amici
juljuve

Postby NANNY RED » Thu Oct 16, 2008 12:51 am

Just watching the Chile v Argentina game there hacking each other to pieces. two players have already gone of on stetchers. its interesting though cause Masherano is playing more of a right sided midfielder than his normal holding position. Hes not half going in on the challengers though,
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby skatesy » Thu Oct 16, 2008 5:54 am

NANNY RED wrote:Just watching the Chile v Argentina game there hacking each other to pieces. two players have already gone of on stetchers. its interesting though cause Masherano is playing more of a right sided midfielder than his normal holding position. Hes not half going in on the challengers though,

Maybe Mascherano is following Rafa's instructions to 'stay safe'.
skatesy

Postby NANNY RED » Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:02 am

That Argentina game last night was a cracker the pace of the game was frightening for the full 90 minutes. Masher moved back holding after a while got a few good challenges in but was fairly quiet.

Chile were great though quick , one touch football there movement was fantastic to watch , I was really impressed by a young lad Fabian Orellano. Fantastic pace , good ball control and just lays the ball off nicely. His work rate was brilliant made Dirk look like a toitoise :laugh: And he scored for them. Argentina could not handle him. im gonna keep a look out for this lad i dont know were he plays at the mo but imo this kid is gonna be good. And theres gonna be alot of big clubs keeping an eye on him aswell .

Argentina got beat 1-0
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:41 am

from wilikipidia

Fabián Ariel Orellana Valenzuela (born January 27, 1986 in Chile) is a Chilean footballer. He plays forward for the Chilean club Audax Italiano. Orellana was one of the many Chilean players that stood out to the european scouts in the under-23 tournament, "Esperanzas de Toulon." Since his astounding debut in the tournament the Chilean soccer coach Bielsa has incorporated him in the adult national team.

Fabian Orellana scored his first goal for the senior team in a World Cup qualifying match against Argentina on the 15th of October.
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby NANNY RED » Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:55 pm

Ola Mr Benitez wrote:from wilikipidia

Fabián Ariel Orellana Valenzuela (born January 27, 1986 in Chile) is a Chilean footballer. He plays forward for the Chilean club Audax Italiano. Orellana was one of the many Chilean players that stood out to the european scouts in the under-23 tournament, "Esperanzas de Toulon." Since his astounding debut in the tournament the Chilean soccer coach Bielsa has incorporated him in the adult national team.

Fabian Orellana scored his first goal for the senior team in a World Cup qualifying match against Argentina on the 15th of October.

ill put me neck on the line here an say that lad will end up some player deffo. Ill be keeping my eye out for him
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby das20093 » Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:35 pm

Javier is a monster. We'd be f****d if he joined chelsea or united
das20093

Postby Torres » Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:31 am

He is a very young talented player and i am really happy that he is playing for Liverpool. We should keep him at all costs.
Torres

Postby YoOm » Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:17 pm

I don't know where speek about that, are you interested in Lucho Gonzalez in Porto ?

I am a fan of olympique Marseille in France, and to be honest I am worry about you ! lol
YoOm

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - The Players Lounge