If Liverpool need some new players, they are... - You want new players? You need these...

Liverpool Football Club - The Players Lounge

Postby LFC4EVER » Fri Jul 05, 2002 2:43 pm

People are saying we need new players, well I would suggest that IF we are to get some new players they should be Duffer and Keano, Damien Duff, who lives near me is class, he runs at people and gets past them no problem, secondly, Robbie Keane. What did he do for Ireland against the Germans? He scored. Simple, not easy, true. I know England beat them 5-1 but they didnt play against us like they played against England, they played brilliant against you but it seems that once they conceed, the goals just keep coming. We were unlucky not to win that match after Keane scored from such a tight angle, and under so much pressure. Duff and Keane are valued at E50000000 for both of them together, like Overmars and Petit. Which comes to about 30000000m of so pounds sterling, a bargain for such quality. What do you think??? Email me if you're Irish, and not half Irish, fully Irish. anfield_rules@hotmail.com
"Winning isnt everything. Its the only thing"
LFC4EVER

Postby shepboy » Sun Jul 21, 2002 9:39 pm

I definitely feel Damian Duff is the one player Liverpool should make a super douper effort to sign he has pace takes on players and will gives us that bit of width that we've sorely lacked since the day Steve McManaman left for Real Madrid.

However Robbie Keane isn't in my eyes a class striker he just needs too many chances to score. He hardly had a fantastic world cup did he?
shepboy

Postby Johnny » Sat Aug 03, 2002 12:19 am

i agree with you on Duff, he's got everything that we are missing. Keane in my opinion just has not got what we want in a player, he' not a Liverpool player and would disrupt the team.

PS. with all respect, whats with the half irish thing? :)
Johnny

Postby ANFIELDER » Fri Aug 16, 2002 9:31 am

If we are serious about challenging this season then I think we should pay up to GBP15M for Duff.  GH is getting the funds together by off-loading Barmby and Wright.  Paying any more than that would be a joke.

An attacking midfielder is what I think should be top of the list after Duff.  Carrick at West Ham would give us more options going forward.

Baros might come good, in which case we could look to offer Berger or Smicer as part of any other deals.
ANFIELDER

Postby salamenders » Tue Nov 12, 2002 1:14 pm

yes ,i agree that damein duff is the right choice
u'll never walks alone??
salamenders

Postby sumen » Mon Mar 17, 2003 11:09 am

I totally agree with you. To get duff on the left
would be really good.
and to combine duff with riise it would be awesome.
sumen

Postby royal blue mersey » Mon Mar 17, 2003 10:30 pm

LFC4EVER if you are Irish you should support everton. The Liverpool Irish always have.
royal blue mersey

Postby jonesy » Mon May 12, 2003 8:48 pm

i agree with the duff  idea but iwould sign a  defender  and not sign robbie keane
jonesy

Postby cheesecakery » Mon May 12, 2003 9:17 pm

what about the rumour goin round we are goin for Alan Ambulance from River Plate?
or finnigan from fulham?
that would be a major coup , what do you think?
cheesecakery

Postby supersub » Mon May 12, 2003 10:10 pm

I've never seen so many Duff ideas.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby jaypap » Mon Jun 02, 2003 5:36 pm

duff ideas alright, he plays a couple of good games for ireland and that makes him a world class star does it, someone liverpool should buy...do u really rate duff above kewel?
duff may be better than what we currently have on the left side but he's no world class performer...if we want to be in the champions league we should acquire some world class acts...at the moment the only players i consider in that breath are as follows: dudek (needs to stop his stupid errors) 95%, carragher needs to be a bit more reliable and creative perhaps push forward a little more)  85%, henchoz and hyppia (almost faultless hyppia could be a little quicker) 99%, hamman (definitley not creative enough and should score more) 88%, riise (sometimes looks lost especially at left back but has the potential to be the next roberto carlos) 87%, gerrard (really not consistant enough, should score more and have more discipline, needs to really show what we are all hoping he will be but is not yet) 82%, owen (the perfect foil stiker but needs a leading target to take the focus off him, also needs to work on his footwork) 93%. we need to bring in 5 more world class acts, and i hope they are kewel on the left, we should try and get mcmanoman back on the right and cisse up front as the main target....but what will really make us a threat to all is someone like nedved or rui costa...a creative midfielder that can create and take them on and score...imagine!!!!!!!
i know we probably need 50 mill to bring them in, but how exciting would it be....
jaypap

Postby who am i » Tue Jun 10, 2003 6:07 am

besides Duff, i think liverpool needs a creative player in taking the free kick/corner kick.......currently murphy is the one but still not good enough..riise or hamann's free kick hardly can be converted to a goal.............liverpool needs players who has the skills like beckham, thierry henry, roberto carlos, lius figo......or even gianfranco zola or ian harte................
who am i

Postby gaz31 » Tue Jun 10, 2003 11:43 pm

i think u r fprgetting gerrard arent u?
When you get the ball, I want you to beat a couple of men and smash the ball into the net, just the same way you used to at Bury," said Shankly. Lindsay replied: "But Boss that wasn't me, it was Bobby Kerr." Shankly turned to Bob Paisley and said: "Christ Bob, we've signed the wrong player."
gaz31
LFC Elite Member

Postby gaz31 » Tue Jun 10, 2003 11:47 pm

gaz31 wrote:i think u r fprgetting gerrard arent u?

me old mate JAYPAP has hit the nail right on the head again!!!!!!!!!!!!! :p
When you get the ball, I want you to beat a couple of men and smash the ball into the net, just the same way you used to at Bury," said Shankly. Lindsay replied: "But Boss that wasn't me, it was Bobby Kerr." Shankly turned to Bob Paisley and said: "Christ Bob, we've signed the wrong player."
gaz31
LFC Elite Member

Postby jaypap » Wed Jun 11, 2003 1:52 am

so gaz
who would really like to have and why....?
and what will they cost?
name ur side with the 3, 4 or 5 imports u want...
jaypap

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - The Players Lounge