If Liverpool need some new players, they are... - You want new players? You need these...

Liverpool Football Club - The Players Lounge

Postby gaz31 » Thu Jun 12, 2003 12:23 am

THIS IS MY TEAM AND IT SHOULD CARRY A GOVERNMENT WARNING!!!
                                                                                                                               J DUDEK

J ZANETTI        S HYPPIA       R CARLOS    NESTA

P VIEIRA

F TOTTI                               S MACMANAMAN

S GERRARD

M SALAS           M OWEN
                                                                                                          SUBS
KIRKLAND
ZENDEN
E DAVIDS
MENDIETA
SCHEVCHENKO

WHAT DO YOU ALL THINK OF MY TEAM ? I RECON IT WOULD ONLY COST ABOUT 110MILLION FOR IT BUT WE WOULD SOON SEE SOME CUPS COMING BACK TO LIVERPOOL . :p
When you get the ball, I want you to beat a couple of men and smash the ball into the net, just the same way you used to at Bury," said Shankly. Lindsay replied: "But Boss that wasn't me, it was Bobby Kerr." Shankly turned to Bob Paisley and said: "Christ Bob, we've signed the wrong player."
gaz31
LFC Elite Member

Postby jaypap » Thu Jun 12, 2003 4:20 am

mate
that team rocks my jocks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i say so what if it cost 110 mill
we'd win 5 euro championships with that team...
whats more, we'd make enough money to cover the expense of it and we'd all be singing in the terraces!!!!
what's gh waiting for? ???? ???? ???? ???? ????

having a good look at what it might cost though, i think 110 mill is a bit short though...try 300 mill!!!!!
jaypap

Postby gaz31 » Thu Jun 12, 2003 11:00 pm

IF MONEY WAS NO OBJECT THIS WOULD BE MY TEAM HOWEVER MUCH IT COSTS WE WOULD BE INDESTRUCTABLE IMAGINE THIS,
WANKCHESTER UNIGHTIES 0  LIVERPOOL FC 10  .
OH YES IT WOULD BE POSSIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 :)  :)  :)
When you get the ball, I want you to beat a couple of men and smash the ball into the net, just the same way you used to at Bury," said Shankly. Lindsay replied: "But Boss that wasn't me, it was Bobby Kerr." Shankly turned to Bob Paisley and said: "Christ Bob, we've signed the wrong player."
gaz31
LFC Elite Member

Postby jaypap » Fri Jun 13, 2003 4:27 am

realistically
i believe our club can bring in 3 of them
gh doesnt like to bring established stars, i dont understand why?
if u could, which 3 would u bring?......and why?
jaypap

Postby gaz31 » Fri Jun 13, 2003 10:18 am

I THINK IF I COULD BRING 3 PLAYERS THEY WOULD BE VIEIRA(HIS DETERMINATION AND POWER IS JUST WHAT WE NEED TO STRENGTHEN OUR MF)THEN TOTTI (HE CAN PLAY BOTH SIDES OF MF AND HAS EVEN PLAYED AT LB FOR ITALY HE HAS INCREDIBLE AGILITY AND IS QUICK)AND THEN SALAS(I LOVE THIS PLAYER AS YOU MAY HAVE GUESSED, HE IS SO GOOD, HE PLAYS UP FRONT BUT HE CAN ALSO TAKE WICKED FREE KICKS FROM EITHER SIDE OF THE PITCH, HE WOULD BE A GREAT ASSET TO US AND OWEN WITH BARROS SAT JUST BEHIND THEM WE WOULD HAVE GOALS GOALS AND MORE GOALS) :D  :D
gaz31
LFC Elite Member

Postby jaypap » Sat Jun 14, 2003 2:43 am

bring em on gaz
i would love those 3 in our side
imagine

dudek
finnan henchoz hyppia riise
totti viera gerrard kewel
owen salas

seriously, that is a super side, we would take the league by 10 points!!!!!
and we'd be a super side to watch week in week out.....
jaypap

Postby gaz31 » Sat Jun 14, 2003 3:04 am

WHAT DO U THINK THEY'D COST US '
ABOUT 75 MILLION??
gaz31
LFC Elite Member

Postby jaypap » Sat Jun 14, 2003 3:11 am

including kewel
probably about 85-90, but i dont care
we'd be champions of europe again
and what could be better than that!!!!!
jaypap

Postby gaz31 » Sat Jun 14, 2003 3:18 am

ABSOLUTLY FUUUUUUCK ALL :D
gaz31
LFC Elite Member

Postby Ace Ventura » Mon Jun 16, 2003 12:21 pm

That i san interesting point why won't GH buy proven big name players ?? I agree we don't want to ruin team spirit with big names who are only coming for the money,but realisticly we need a couple of players with big game experience. Marc Overmars would have been great he can play either wing has great experience and was already a success in the premier league which is vital.I think Gh is worried about players being hard to handle and bigger than the club...in other words he wants an easy life its down to the manager to control his stars and not take the easy option out by getting rid of any player who is a big personality. We could also do with an experienced striker to help our young strikers along. My opinion which might not go down well with fellow fans is....Teddy Sheringham,okay hes played for Un#ted but so had Ince and i'm sure we'd take Stam from Lazio. Sheringham could play in behind Owen leaving Owen on the shoulder of the last man where he can be a constant threat. Sheringham is intelligent with his link up and vitally scores headers somethin we hardly ever  get apart from set pieces,most importantly he's on a free and would jump at the chance to be our new Gary Mac. :)

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jaypap » Tue Jun 17, 2003 9:19 am

ace i agree totally except with teddy
i think we need someone who will be there still in a few years and teddy has only one more left in him...if he was 4-5 years younger then i would totally agree...
and ur assessment of gh is also very good...it actually goes hand in hand with his experience in building his youth academy...ive said it b4 and i'll say it again, building a national youth academy and managing a big club are 2 different art forms and im not sure gh knows what he's doing at liverpool....
i think gh is also scared of spending big and having failure.
not only club failure but player failure too...everybody will say he spent 30mill on whoever and we didnt win anything or the 30mill player added no value...
i think he hides behind his young side and that does not impress me...
jaypap

Postby Ace Ventura » Tue Jun 17, 2003 3:53 pm

:D Yeah i know Teddy would not be the answer long term,but we really are struggling for options. We need a different option up with Owen,someone who's a threat in the air and can bring others into play. Teddys experience might help the rest of the squad as well.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jaypap » Tue Jun 17, 2003 6:11 pm

frankly ace
i think we already carry too many players who may or may not come up with the goods come game day...
there is no doubt that teddys experience will be valuable,
but band aid solutions dont grab me right now...
to me teddy is a huge gamble, in that how patient can u be with him...if he comes, doesnt gel etc do u still play him hoping he comes good, or sit him out?
and what do u do with baros and hesky...thats 20mil worth of talent sitting it out, waiting for teddy to strut his stuff...id rather see baros keep developing than teddy trying to glorify his twilight...
but then again, what do i know...teddy may be good off the bench, but only if we sell heskey...otherwise its just squad overload...
jaypap

Postby Ace Ventura » Wed Jun 18, 2003 2:12 pm

Then we should sell Heskey..if theres any takers.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jaypap » Wed Jun 18, 2003 6:16 pm

given his last season
i doubt it...
personally, i think he's washed up...
he wont score more than 10 goals in season again...
arsenal and the mancs have wingers who score more than that...who's gonna want heskey....?
jaypap

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - The Players Lounge