WIGAN VS LIVERPOOL - Wednedsay 10th november 19.45 ko

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby stmichael » Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:51 am

huge game and a great opportunity to keep our recent run going. wigan are struggling badly but that doesn't mean we should take them lightly.

i'd ideally like to see us play the same team as sunday even if cole and johnson are fit. take the same approach as the chelsea game and i've no doubt we can win this comfrotably.

2-0 to us.
Last edited by stmichael on Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Johnny Boy » Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:03 pm

A must win game I agree especially with a tricky game against Stoke.
Same team as Sunday and let's go and put them to the sword big time.
Johnny Boy
LFC Super Member

Postby bigmick » Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:04 pm

It's a tricky game this, and looking at Wigans team you can see why they have an uncanny knack of rolling over top teams when you least expect it. They've got a couple of impact players (Rodajega, Figeroa, N'Zogbia) etc who really seem to be up for it in the bigger matches, and as a unit with a decent crowd they give it a real good go. I think like our last match we are trying to do better than a defeat last season, and we certainly aren't on our own at having found it difficult to win there a couple of times.

Like Mike, I'd go in with exactly the same team as the one against Chelsea. Cole, Johnson, The Greek and the like can consider themselves perhaps a bit unlucky, but the performance against Chelsea was so positive I'd be loathe to change things too much. I actually think Roy will pick Johnson over kelly, but personally I wouldn't.

Anyway I won't be kicking off about that, and providing we go there with the right attitude I fancy us to get home by the odd goal.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:13 pm

Not that Wigan are the easiest opponents, but I think they are perfect for us to make five wins in a row. We've always had troubles with Wigan though, and we are playing at their place so it wont be easy but at this stage every game is very important to us. I'd also play the same team as Sunday, but maybu we should try Jovanovic instead of Rodriguez now.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:14 pm

No reason why the improvement in form will not continue.. The hard work on the training pitch looks like it is starting to pay dividends.

I think the Greek will get his place back, probably at the cost to MS, teaming up with Carra. Which I think is a good thing as he is so dangerous at corners and free kicks, and also he is are only true ball winner when its being chucked into our box.

I think Torres looks like he has his tail up again, so expect another good performance from him alongside Kuyt who was brilliant on Sunday.

A good positive team selection (which I think Roy generally does even away from home) should see us bagging 3 points.
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby jacdaniel » Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:23 pm

I hope Johnson and Cole don't play.  I think Roy will start Carra at RB and the Greek will come back to CB. 

2-1 to liverpool.  Torres and Soto.
"When you walk, through a storm, hold your head up high"
jacdaniel
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:40 pm

Personally I think a win a Wigan will scare the héll out of the rest of the PL.  Vital game, will send a very big message that we're back.

We've got to go out all guns blazing. Be bold, make a statement.

3-0 if not more.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ben Patrick » Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:25 pm

damjan193 wrote:Not that Wigan are the easiest opponents, but I think they are perfect for us to make five wins in a row. We've always had troubles with Wigan though, and we are playing at their place so it wont be easy but at this stage every game is very important to us. I'd also play the same team as Sunday, but maybu we should try Jovanovic instead of Rodriguez now.

Jovanovic shouldnt be anywhere near a first 11 in a premiership match.
Especially not for Maxi who is in decent form.
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby stmichael » Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:30 pm

bigmick wrote:I actually think Roy will pick Johnson over kelly, but personally I wouldn't.

It's an interesting one. There's rumours that Johnson was actually going to be starting at right midfield against Chelsea until he got injured.

Agree about Maxi aswell. It would be daft to drop him now that he's found a little bit of form in recent matches.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby RedSi35 » Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:48 pm

If Cole is fit, who would he replace? the Chelsea 11 deserve to keep their place
RedSi35
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:55 pm

stmichael wrote:
bigmick wrote:I actually think Roy will pick Johnson over kelly, but personally I wouldn't.

It's an interesting one. There's rumours that Johnson was actually going to be starting at right midfield against Chelsea until he got injured.

Agree about Maxi aswell. It would be daft to drop him now that he's found a little bit of form in recent matches.

you say Maxi has found a little, but it literally is a LITTLE amount of form. I'd be tempted to drop him, because he's a passenger for the majority of the games he plays in and the same was on Sunday too.

We need to get our goal difference up, so field a similar team and lets smash them and get into the top 5.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jacdaniel » Tue Nov 09, 2010 2:08 pm

We need to go all out for the win tomorrow.  Both Mancs are playing each other and a draw would be nice there so we close the gap on both.

Spurs have a tricky enough tie tonight against Sunderland.
"When you walk, through a storm, hold your head up high"
jacdaniel
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Tue Nov 09, 2010 2:16 pm

bigmick wrote:It's a tricky game this, and looking at Wigans team you can see why they have an uncanny knack of rolling over top teams when you least expect it. They've got a couple of impact players (Rodajega, Figeroa, N'Zogbia) etc who really seem to be up for it in the bigger matches, and as a unit with a decent crowd they give it a real good go. I think like our last match we are trying to do better than a defeat last season, and we certainly aren't on our own at having found it difficult to win there a couple of times.

Like Mike, I'd go in with exactly the same team as the one against Chelsea. Cole, Johnson, The Greek and the like can consider themselves perhaps a bit unlucky, but the performance against Chelsea was so positive I'd be loathe to change things too much. I actually think Roy will pick Johnson over kelly, but personally I wouldn't.

Anyway I won't be kicking off about that, and providing we go there with the right attitude I fancy us to get home by the odd goal.

Agree with all that fella ...this is one game I won't be annoyed if we keep it tight and snatch a goal ... I think in certain games you need to have to employ the smash and grab method
0-1 will do .... with the same team that beat Chelsea, and with Lucas in the form of his young life ,it all  bodes well towards snatching  3 more points here ...........
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ben Patrick » Tue Nov 09, 2010 2:17 pm

7_Kewell wrote:
stmichael wrote:

you say Maxi has found a little, but it literally is a LITTLE amount of form. I'd be tempted to drop him, because he's a passenger for the majority of the games he plays in and the same was on Sunday too.

We need to get our goal difference up, so field a similar team and lets smash them and get into the top 5.

I disagree, i think he was very good against both Chelsea and Bolton.
He doesnt beat men like most wide players do and isnt a stand out player but he is one of those players that hardly ever seem to give it away and pick the right pass virtually all of the time.

When we play with plenty of movement he looks a far better player for me.
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby Reg » Tue Nov 09, 2010 2:20 pm

Tis true, we need to address our appalling goal difference - every goal is valuable now for the end of season run in and CL places.......
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - Games