West Ham V Liverpool

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Kenny Kan » Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:19 pm

Tricky fixture this one and no not just because Suarez is banned but because West Ham are in a bit of form and only Arsenal have beaten them at Upton Part this season. Of course much will be made of Suarez's absence and more will be made regarding the irony that a striker-less Liverpool has loaned out one of it's strikers to the Hammers. To add extra spice (for me) to this game is West Ham's puffy headed manager - cannot stand the bloke, a Fergie drone.

West Ham sit 9th
We sit 11th

We need 3pts, and let's hope as Henderson showed in midweek that our midfielders are more the capable of getting on the score sheet. Off the top of my head I cannot think when a midfielder last scored in the prem for us.

I suppose the big question here is who would you play upfront in Suarez's absence?
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:12 pm

Kenny Kan » Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:19 pm wrote:Tricky fixture this one and no not just because Suarez is banned but because West Ham are in a bit of form and only Arsenal have beaten them at Upton Part this season. Of course much will be made of Suarez's absence and more will be made regarding the irony that a striker-less Liverpool has loaned out one of it's strikers to the Hammers. To add extra spice (for me) to this game is West Ham's puffy headed manager - cannot stand the bloke, a Fergie drone.

West Ham sit 9th
We sit 11th

We need 3pts, and let's hope as Henderson showed in midweek that our midfielders are more the capable of getting on the score sheet. Off the top of my head I cannot think when a midfielder last scored in the prem for us.

I suppose the big question here is who would you play upfront in Suarez's absence?

I've got tickets for the game, as I'm there may as well stick me up front  I don't see I've got that much competition from the rest of Brendan's strike force    :D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby bunglemark2 » Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:18 pm

Downing up front ;)
Rodgers has played him everywhere else BUT there at this stage !

On a serious note, it'll prob be Shelvey as a "false 9"... Whatever the phuck that is..
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby parchpea » Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:45 pm

Suarez replacement should be a young kid like Yesil/Ngoo as we may as well go the whole hog
now or play without a recognised striker at all.

I mention those two as Morgan/Pacheo have had minor chances but failed to impress.

We have blooded the young pups all year so why stop now with a space wide open for one to
come in and give it a go.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:35 am

parchpea » Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:45 pm wrote:Suarez replacement should be a young kid like Yesil/Ngoo as we may as well go the whole hog
now or play without a recognised striker at all.

I mention those two as Morgan/Pacheo have had minor chances but failed to impress.

We have blooded the young pups all year so why stop now with a space wide open for one to
come in and give it a go.
yeah I am surprised that Ngoo hasn't got a look in yet, the kid looks a beast, gotta be worthy of a bench place at least.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:46 am

West Ham are having a good season but I think this could be a good time to play them.  Allardyce might struggle to bring them back down to earth after thumping Chelsea last week.  I reckon we'll turn them over 1-0 or 2-1 even without a striker.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:03 pm

Very tricky fixture ,I'll be surprised if we can manage a win their ,They have those type of annoying/dirty players we seem to have trouble coping with (Nolan/Taylor). They are riding high and we are missing our only striker. Hoping for the best but this one seems a pretty big challenge.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Kash_Mountain » Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:35 pm

It will most likely be hard game, not just because our main threat to get goals is banned, but Allardyce has actually got
West"field"Ham  :D  playing quite well and diificult to beat. Our players need to toughen up like nails so they don't get knocked of the ball easily, chase everything and close down teams fast, grab the ball and get moving towards the opposition goal at pace so that they (opposition) haven't anytime to respond, and score, and win by nice margin, say at least 10 goals game .....  :grinning:

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby red till i die!! » Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:58 pm

bagging 3 pts here will be a good result but the lads have to be confident that they can go out and get it.
id go for,

reina.
               wisdom                      skyrtel                          agger             enrique.

allen                  lucas

johnson                       gerrard                 sterling.

woof-woof!!

seen as he's going to be there and all :laugh:  probably be like watching kuyt again though :nod  all heart but little ability and it just might fall kindly for ya woof :lookaround .
if woof cant make the team then id go with shelvey even though the right choice would be to play yesil or morgan.
please god let it be 2.0 to us!!
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Eagle » Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:24 am

My predication for the starting 11 and bench:

Reina

Johnson     Skrtel     Agger     Enrique

Lucas     Allen
                     Henderson

Gerrard                     Sterling
                        Shelvey

Subs: Suso, Cole, Downing, Sahin, Wisdom, Carragher, Jones
Eagle

Postby alwayslfc » Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:59 am

The Hammers will be starting this game feeling quite confident after hammering Chelsea in their last game and I just don't see how we're going to win this game. We've been struggling with goal scoring even when our only established striker Suarez was playing. Now without him in the side, goal scoring will be even harder. I'll only look forward to watch Liverpool games after we've got more clinical striker in the Jan window. But in the meantime, I won't expect much from this game.
alwayslfc

Postby syma76 » Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:28 am

Eagle » Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:24 am wrote:My predication for the starting 11 and bench:

Reina

Lucas     Allen
                     Henderson

Shelvey

i would love to see yesil in place of shelvey...
syma76

Postby Boocity » Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:23 am

I believe Yesil is injured, I would put cole in there
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:30 am

If Yesil cannot play I just hope he goes with a young kid in the stiker role rather
than a midfielder as it gives out the wrong signals to players looking to break
through.

One of Rodgers best attributes has been his brave selections and giving everyone
a fair crack of the whip and be a shame if he doesnt bring that into todays game.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby fivecups » Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:26 pm

Eagle » Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:24 am wrote:My predication for the starting 11 and bench:

Reina

Lucas     Allen
                     Henderson

Shelvey

I quite like it Eagle. I think he'll keep Gerrard in the middle three, where you've got Hendo, he'll playing Sterling where you've got Gerrard and he'll probably play Downing where you have Sterling. I guess Hendo could play that position as well or Cole or Suso, but Downing played fairly well mid-week and I think he'll start.

We've played well lately, we're benefiting from consistently playing 4-3-3 and having relative stability in key areas. I remember games a few years ago when everyone was worried when Gerrard was out, because at that time he was carrying us, but we generally did ok without him - I think we'll manage without Luis today. The teams confidence is high at the minute, I think we're going to win 1-0 or 2-1 today.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - Games