West Ham V Liverpool

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:27 pm

maguskwt » Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:05 pm wrote:btw the ref's performance was pathetic... soft penalty given against us and no penalty for the foul on Shelvey? Their defender was grabbing him all over and then the tackle didn't get the ball... and all those instances where he should've let the game play on and he called for a freekick...

Come to think of it, West Ham didn't have a goal in open play, a soft penalty and Steven Gerrard's own goal put them ahead. I hate Sam Alardyce's style, it's almost like anti football. And I can't believe there are some of us who wants us to play like that with Andy Carroll...

if you werent a sky generation whopper you`d realise that plenty of great footballing sides have had target men leading the line, not least us with the likes of toshack and aldridge in the past.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby stmichael » Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:31 pm

anyone moaning after that can ***** off. thought we played really well for the majority. i'd rather watch paint dry than watch west h anyway.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:45 pm

stmichael » Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:31 pm wrote:anyone moaning after that can ***** off. thought we played really well for the majority. i'd rather watch paint dry than watch west h anyway.

half time comments were amusing....Gerrard needs to be sold ASAP according to one whopper  :laugh:
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boxscarf » Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:59 pm

7_Kewell » Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:45 pm wrote:half time comments were amusing....Gerrard needs to be sold ASAP according to one whopper  :laugh:

He needs to retire, not be sold is what I said, so get it right before spouting off.
Boxscarf

Postby Boxscarf » Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:59 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:27 pm wrote:
if you werent a sky generation whopper you`d realise that plenty of great footballing sides have had target men leading the line, not least us with the likes of toshack and aldridge in the past.

It's 2012, not 1977, get with the times fella.
Boxscarf

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:23 am

Boxscarf » Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:59 pm wrote:
7_Kewell » Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:45 pm wrote:half time comments were amusing....Gerrard needs to be sold ASAP according to one whopper  :laugh:

He needs to retire, not be sold is what I said, so get it right before spouting off.

you should take your own advice lad, your half time comments are comedy gold  :laugh:
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boxscarf » Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:30 am

7_Kewell » Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:23 am wrote:you should take your own advice lad, your half time comments are comedy gold  :laugh:

Gerrard is finished, the sooner he retires or is left out of the team the better.
Boxscarf

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:32 am

Boxscarf » Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:30 pm wrote:
7_Kewell » Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:23 am wrote:you should take your own advice lad, your half time comments are comedy gold  :laugh:

Gerrard is finished, the sooner he retires or is left out of the team the better.

righto

and you want the owners out too, yes?
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:40 am

Great away result without Suraez and coming off away Italian Job to win from behind

Still long road ahead  but future is looking brighter
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby fivecups » Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:54 am

fivecups » Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:26 pm wrote:
Eagle » Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:24 am wrote:My predication for the starting 11 and bench:

Reina

Johnson     Skrtel     Agger     Enrique

Lucas     Allen
                     Henderson

Gerrard                     Sterling
                        Shelvey

Subs: Suso, Cole, Downing, Sahin, Wisdom, Carragher, Jones

I quite like it Eagle. I think he'll keep Gerrard in the middle three, where you've got Hendo, he'll playing Sterling where you've got Gerrard and he'll probably play Downing where you have Sterling. I guess Hendo could play that position as well or Cole or Suso, but Downing played fairly well mid-week and I think he'll start.

We've played well lately, we're benefiting from consistently playing 4-3-3 and having relative stability in key areas. I remember games a few years ago when everyone was worried when Gerrard was out, because at that time he was carrying us, but we generally did ok without him - I think we'll manage without Luis today. The teams confidence is high at the minute, I think we're going to win 1-0 or 2-1 today.

Nicely called fivecups.

Just off a flight to Washington. Was Enrique at LB or LM? What's the story with his substitution early on? Thanks.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:09 am

Enrique picked up an injury...no word on how bad it is yet
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby fivecups » Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:27 am

7_Kewell » Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:09 am wrote:Enrique picked up an injury...no word on how bad it is yet

Thanks. Was he playing LB?
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kenny Kan » Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:27 am

We started brightly and in particular Johnson who was flying down the right causing them problems. After we went one up, or perhaps more so at 1-1 we lost our foothold in the game. For the majority of the match after that we were completely bossed in midfield and that Diame fella over ran Gerrard and Allen no problem - it was worrying to see. Granted though West Ham had two fortunate goals, one a soft penalty decision then an OG.

Rodgers' subs paid off (again), with Cole finding the corner of the net, found from a good past by Sterling who I thought overall was quite poor too. Cole's finish was excellent. Once we got the equalizer you could see the confidence come rushing back and players started to show for the ball, Henderson's cross was good and Shelvey was there to pressurize the defender and it paid off.

I thought overall we were quite lucky to get 3 points but so many times this season we've been unlucky so it's about time we got a rub of the green results wise. Still see we haven't got that with the officiating, those last 15 minutes the ref was absolutely shocking, Shelvely should have had a nailed on pen, with his twinkle toe effort inside the box, Johnson should have a free kick as he was being gang raped by two West Ham players and the ref gives them the free kick!  :Oo:

Reina - not much to do really, cleaned up on some crosses and looked a little more commanding and his distribution was always used to help build an attack.
Enrique - Did okay (hope his injury isn't long standing)
Agger - A rock
Skertel - Another rock. Our two center halves along with the Reina defended crosses well.
Johnson -  Our most underated player since Henchoz. Johnson is awesome, strong physical presence with pace who can cause defense's no ends of problem, oh and he can defend too.

Allen - Not too impressed this week by him. He too easily gets brushed aside and lacks physical presence and while his footballing brain can compensate for that, it didn't against WH.
Gerrard - Another average performance from him IMO. Combined with Allen's lack of physical presence, Gerrard's age and physical deterioration gave Diame license to cause havoc.
Lucas - Did well, mopping up, in the right place at the right time, needs more help from the other two - he can't run midfield all be himself.

Downing - .......
Sterling - Overall was poor. He's fading pretty fast IMO. Looked better towards the end though when we counter attacked.
Shelvely - Up until our equalizer I thought he was ineffective. Worked his socks off.

At the moment I think this side has three key issues that need working on.

a) The final ball
b) The finish (a&b combined will see you struggle for goals, like with have this season)
C) Fragile defense, we leak to many goals for my liking but with Lucas back that stat should improve.

Onwards and upwards.
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby RedHands » Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:39 am

Thought Johnson was absolutely superb. Best player on the pitch today by far and the MOM.

I don't get the hate for Downing. He played well today and was unlucky not to get an assist.

Henderson too has been putting in some fine performances lately. Put in the cross for the OG

Cole was awful until he scored and then he played well after that. What a finish.

Defense was really solid. Skrtel and Agger are beasts.

Lucas was quite good and Gerrard, Allen poor

Sterling was not at his best. Gave up possession far too easily on a number of occasions. Should have scored 2 goals.
RedHands
LFC Basic Member

Postby Boxscarf » Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:57 am

7_Kewell » Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:32 am wrote:righto

and you want the owners out too, yes?

If the Owners do not give Brendan the backing to bring in a striker in Jan and do not back him next summer, then yes I want them to leave.
Boxscarf

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games