West Ham V Liverpool

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby maguskwt » Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:05 pm

btw the ref's performance was pathetic... soft penalty given against us and no penalty for the foul on Shelvey? Their defender was grabbing him all over and then the tackle didn't get the ball... and all those instances where he should've let the game play on and he called for a freekick...

Come to think of it, West Ham didn't have a goal in open play, a soft penalty and Steven Gerrard's own goal put them ahead. I hate Sam Alardyce's style, it's almost like anti football. And I can't believe there are some of us who wants us to play like that with Andy Carroll...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:06 pm

What a good game but thought it was going toward a 3 or 4-1 defeat at one stage
but West Ham tired and completely fell apart when Diame pulled up and went off
and we took control from there.

:)
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:06 pm

What is going on with the board today?? posts getting repeated three or four times??
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Raoul » Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:07 pm

Keris » Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:59 pm wrote:Entertainment = 10.
Technical & tactical = 3.

Meh, can't win em' all. 3 points in the bag.

Entertainment? You've obviously got a younger heart than mine!
"Life is not just about money. There are other things, important things that have a different kind of value. Anyone from Liverpool could tell you that."

- Jamie Carragher
Raoul
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Keris » Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:11 pm

Raoul » Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:07 am wrote:
Keris » Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:59 pm wrote:Entertainment = 10.

Entertainment? You've obviously got a younger heart than mine!

I only said it becoz we won :-P
Last edited by Keris on Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Keris
LFC Super Member

Postby ethanr » Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:11 pm

RUSHIE#9 » Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:06 am wrote:What is going on with the board today?? posts getting repeated three or four times??

Just thinking the same thing.  I keep getting error messages popping up when I try to post and then my post goes out 2 or 3 times.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:11 pm

only got the last 20 but from the reaction back in the thread looks like we were sh!te at times.
il have to watch the rest later but we showed a lot of steel coming back from behind to win :buttrock long time since we have done that.
delighted for fat sam and even happier with the 3 pts :laugh:
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Keris » Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:14 pm

Entertainment = 10.

Keris
LFC Super Member

Postby The Raven » Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:14 pm

A scrappy, clawing win.

I will take any 3 points you can give us.

JJS did well upfront
The Raven

Postby Boocity » Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:21 pm

The Raven » Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:14 pm wrote:A scrappy, clawing win.

I will take any 3 points you can give us.

JJS did well upfront

He did in the last 20 mins (which counted a lot) but he was pants before that
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thinkpad » Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:30 pm

Happy with the win. Great 3 points to take.
The refereeing is a  joke. It is as thought he has an agenda. Though not a strong one.
Still some of the referee decisions are off the wall.

Performance wise in the first half was pretty shitty (after 25 mins onwards).
But in the second half the players starting to pass the ball behind the defenders more often and dribble better makes the difference.
Seriously, we ought to pass behind opposition's defenders and have players running/jogging forward or around most of the time instead of standing static.
This has shown to be effective today even without Suarez.
Corners is still pretty ineffective for now. Must develop some strategy to get goals from corners.
If we can do this, we can win most of our remaining games..
Thinkpad

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:54 pm

think a mention has to go to Cole and Henderson today, both played well
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:08 pm

A deserved victory in the face of horrendous refereeing once more.  It really is starting to feel like there is an agenda against us, and not just Suarez as he wasn't even on the field this time!

The penalty was very soft and the one not given for the challenge on Shelvey was much more clear cut.  It's getting beyond the joke.

I thought our performance was patchy but gutsy and we showed a lot of character to come back and win.  I was surprised to see in the post-match stats that we had over 60% possession because it didn't feel like it, probably because West Ham put us under a lot of pressure with crosses and seemed to carry more of a goal threat than us except for the first 20 mins and the last 20 mins after Diame went off.

Diame's injury changed the tide of the game, much like our flow was damaged when Enrique went off in the first half.  Diame bossed the midfield and I though he was excellent.  He didn't lose a 50-50 all game.

Our defence were great, Agger and Skrtel in particular, and Lucas, Henderson, Cole, Johnson and Shelvey all stepped up to the mark.  Sterling was poor until the space opened up at the end when they were chasing the game.  I thought Gerrard was cumbersome again but picked out Johnson well a few times in the first half.  His engine is gone though.  I thought Downing and Allen were poor too.  Reina seems back to his confident best coming for crosses, which we really needed today.

Onwards and upwards.  Good 3 points.  Same again against Villa please!
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kukilon » Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:29 pm

Thank f*ck for that. The refs have it out for us.

We need a player like Diame or Fellaini.
Kukilon
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:24 pm

john craig » Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:08 pm wrote:A deserved victory in the face of horrendous refereeing once more.  It really is starting to feel like there is an agenda against us, and not just Suarez as he wasn't even on the field this time!

The penalty was very soft and the one not given for the challenge on Shelvey was much more clear cut.  It's getting beyond the joke.

I thought our performance was patchy but gutsy and we showed a lot of character to come back and win.  I was surprised to see in the post-match stats that we had over 60% possession because it didn't feel like it, probably because West Ham put us under a lot of pressure with crosses and seemed to carry more of a goal threat than us except for the first 20 mins and the last 20 mins after Diame went off.

Diame's injury changed the tide of the game, much like our flow was damaged when Enrique went off in the first half.  Diame bossed the midfield and I though he was excellent.  He didn't lose a 50-50 all game.

Our defence were great, Agger and Skrtel in particular, and Lucas, Henderson, Cole, Johnson and Shelvey all stepped up to the mark.  Sterling was poor until the space opened up at the end when they were chasing the game.  I thought Gerrard was cumbersome again but picked out Johnson well a few times in the first half.  His engine is gone though.  I thought Downing and Allen were poor too.  Reina seems back to his confident best coming for crosses, which we really needed today.

Onwards and upwards.  Good 3 points.  Same again against Villa please!

well summed up mate.
it`s frustrating to think diame was on the verge of signing for us but the deal fell through when kenny was sacked.
imo we should go back for him in january but i think a lot of top clubs are monitoring his situation now, we might have missed the bus on that particular player.
we won today but it wasnt a convincing performance by any means, after we went 2-1 down i thought we were going to get hammered (excuse the pun) about 4-1. the way it was going i just couldnt see us getting back into the match and so credit to joe cole for pulling a rabbit out of the hat and turning the game. we got a bit of luck with the last goal but it`s about time something went our way.
upton park is not an easy place to go this season so today was a good result.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games