West Ham v LIVERPOOL - Sun 14th May KO 2.15PM

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Doeboy » Wed May 10, 2017 11:16 pm

This is now a crucial weekend and in my eyes the biggest game of the season in terms of CL qualification. I've been pretty confident of us qualifying but what with Arsenal beating the mancs and also winning today and us dropping points over the weekend, in my eyes it call comes down to this weekend. If we fail to beat West Ham AND Arsenal beat Stoke away, we are in serious trouble for CL qualification imo. As Arsenal will have two home games v Sunderland (absolute rubbish) and the bitters (they are thinking about their summer hols now).

I will happily take a scrappy 1-0 win like we had against Watford but West Ham do have players who can hurt you and they did well to beat spurs last weekend.

If Arsenal beat Stoke on the saturday, this game will have a very nervy feel. West Ham may have that lump Carroll fit for this game as well and he seems to raise his game against us and what with our weaknesses at set pieces, it could be a very uncomfortable viewing.

I'm backing us to get the job done and nick a win again but got to admit I'm hoping Stoke do us a favour by taking some points off Arsenal on Saturday and easing the pressure off.
Doeboy

Postby killerp » Thu May 11, 2017 1:25 am

Knowing how LFC work we will draw this game and require other teams to drop points. We never do things the straight forward way.

And Arsenal is having somewhat of a resurgence in form.
killerp

Postby redshade » Thu May 11, 2017 7:23 am

Our Champions league final of the season. If we drop points here then we are screwed. Arsenal will finish the season strong and will chase 4th till the end.

I'm struggling to see us getting maximum points. I wouldn't be surprised if we drop points here and are given another lifeline via Arsenal dropping points.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby eds » Thu May 11, 2017 11:17 am

I want the Gooners and Manure the red to win their remaining games.

Klopp and these players need to be tested and this would be the ultimate litmus test to prove once and for all whether we have a decent side.

If they aren't good enough to win their last 2 games against 2 sides that have NOTHING to play for then the whole lot of them can f**k off for all I care.

The pathetic line-up and ridiculous negative tactics we employed against Southampton should be thrown in the bin.

Nothing else will do than seeing the starting XI breathing FIRE and running through BRICK WALLS on Sunday.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby woof woof ! » Thu May 11, 2017 2:44 pm

eds » Thu May 11, 2017 11:17 am wrote:I want the Gooners and Manure the red to win their remaining games.

Klopp and these players need to be tested and this would be the ultimate litmus test to prove once and for all whether we have a decent side.

If they aren't good enough to win their last 2 games against 2 sides that have NOTHING to play for then the whole lot of them can f**k off for all I care.

The pathetic line-up and ridiculous negative tactics we employed against Southampton should be thrown in the bin.

Nothing else will do than seeing the starting XI breathing FIRE and running through BRICK WALLS on Sunday.

Grow the f*ck up and have a f*cking word with yourself ED's !

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri May 12, 2017 1:19 am

Our players have to play this game like a final, we have no choice, if we lose or draw then we will have flushed 9 months of hard work right down the sh[itt]er. Those big away wins at Arsenal and Chelsea, beating the likes of City and Spurs at Anfield...all in vain if we don't beat the hammers on Sunday.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby maguskwt » Fri May 12, 2017 5:34 am

woof woof ! » Thu May 11, 2017 1:44 pm wrote:
eds » Thu May 11, 2017 11:17 am wrote:I want the Gooners and Manure the red to win their remaining games.

:laugh:
Actually I kinda understand what Eds mean. I'm sick and tired of this liverpool team throwing away opportunity after opportunity to secure 4th spot. only a couple of weeks back, 3rd was within our hands.
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby eds » Fri May 12, 2017 5:38 am

woof woof ! » Thu May 11, 2017 1:44 pm wrote:

Sure Wolf let's not worry about the mental fragility of these players, which has been exposed time and time again this season against s**t opponents.

Lets not worry if we stumble across the line this season in 4th and then get embarrassed in the CL next season, just like we did under Rodgers a few years back.

I am merely pointing out that we need a strong squad to compete on multiple fronts next season if we make 4th, and the jury is still out on a number of players we currently have in the squad.

If you find that offensive, not sure what this discussion board is meant to be then?  :glare: 

Let's all laud how wonderful our players and coach are, hug and give each other kisses will we sing "Kumbaya" in lemming unison  :laugh:
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby kazza » Fri May 12, 2017 7:23 am

I think that they played above themselves against Spurs and that was their trophy for the season. They have nothing to play for, there is a culture at West Ham of trying to play football and they have a good pitch. Add to that that most pundits predicts that we will drop points tells me we will win this match. I hope we can score early to settle the nerves.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Fri May 12, 2017 11:02 am

Eds let's not forget that Klopp is your man !! Bit surprised that you haven't blamed team tactics on the owners. Tongue in cheek mate - I can actually understand your frustration  :laugh:  Tactics have been a problem for ages. Not just against Southampton. Since Christmas we have been awful. It is very likely that we will finish 20 points behind Chelsea which is chronic when you think of our league position mid December.

I have been to 8 games at Anfield this season. Can't afford any more !! League and League Cup. Out of those 8 games I have seen them win 3 time and I can honestly say that I have probably seen 2 half decent games !! There is so much work to do at every level that it is frightening.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby leeroy74 » Fri May 12, 2017 12:45 pm

3 empty transfer windows, stubborn tactics, no plan B, falling out with key players, out of position team selections...    could all come back to bite Klopp on his posterior against West Ham Utd. Oh how we have fallen.

Glad to get this season out of the way now, scrape champions league footie (for what it'll be worth) and see what Klopp has lined up in the summer. Start again next season.
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby leeroy74 » Fri May 12, 2017 12:47 pm

oh I forgot...    I'll hope for a daft 4 - 3 to LFC but to be honest I'd take a scruffy 1 - 0 to LFC with a goal coming off Origi's left nut.
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Fri May 12, 2017 4:19 pm

:D :D I'd take a scruffy goal anytime. At the moment thats the only way we will score. Either a peno, Wonder goal or scruffy goal.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Fri May 12, 2017 4:20 pm

We need to win this one  :nod
Sturridge and Lallama to start as its important we get off to a good one before panic time sets it.
I'l go for a 2.1 to us  :buttrock
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Doeboy » Fri May 12, 2017 4:30 pm

Sometimes think we are due a big performance and this may be the game where we steamroller them with a nice 3/4-1 win but I just don't know at the moment. If Arsenal win, I'd take any kind of win on sunday
Doeboy

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - Games