West Ham V Liverpool - EPL - Sat Jan 2nd 2016 KO: 12.45

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby johnbarnes » Sun Jan 03, 2016 12:31 pm

killerp » Sun Jan 03, 2016 1:09 am wrote:
RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Jan 02, 2016 10:51 pm wrote:...we have one of the best managers in the game and he's already being undermined by the biggest collection of shithouse rats ever assembled....

I feel the same way but I place the majority of the blame straight to the top. Who the fook signed off on Benteke and Firminho as a massive last punt before they sacked Rodgers! knowing full well he was 95% gone after that massive defeat end of last season.

+2
RED BEERGOGGLES your words have such an elegant and precise flow to them
  :buttrock
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby johnbarnes » Sun Jan 03, 2016 1:22 pm

[quote="devaney » Sun Jan 03, 2016 10:04 am"][b]
Having looked at that list and their combined experience in no way do I regard my observation that we have not improved since JK's arrival as unreasonable. Our performance over the last 7 games has been as bad as anything I have seen for a very long time coming out of LFC. No passion, desire, creation or determination. JK is regarded as a great motivator. Does the team look motivated to you? Look back at the the team that won the 2005 CL. On paper they should have been nowhere near the final let alone winning it. The team that played against City displayed all the missing ingredients so just what has happened since then because we have gone backwards?

Oh by the way Devaney...
The team in 2005 that "On paper should have been nowhere near the final let alone winning it."
Most of which had previously achieved an historic treble in winning 3 cup competitions in one season, had previously played and lost a 1/4 CL tie under the previous manager (Hope you didn't think he was a slouch either?) Anyway... 
Just thought WE should know all the facts before you opt to get your UEFA badges and we pursue our crusade. Providing you're up for the challenge, but who wouldn't be for 7M a year?
...I almost forgot. Don't know if you remember, but we had that player back in 2005. For the life of me I can't remember his name (SH!T was was it?), erm... I'm sure he wore the No. 8 shirt? Can you remember, so I'll leave that one to the experts? But anyway, I think WE should bare this in mind once you have got your UEFA badges!

I'm excited Devaney! R U?
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby devaney » Sun Jan 03, 2016 2:04 pm

Shame you have taken on the role of a facetious knob simply concentrating your somewhat childish response on one aspect of my post. As for the treble winning team and the CL winning team I think you will find that your memory is playing tricks with you. THE MAJORITY OF THE PLAYERS WERE NOT THE SAME. This was the team that beat Alaves in the 2001 UEFA Cup Final:

GK 1 Netherlands Sander Westerveld
RB 6 Germany Markus Babbel
CB 12 Finland Sami Hyypiä (c)
CB 2 Switzerland Stéphane Henchoz
LB 23 England Jamie Carragher
RM 21 Scotland Gary McAllister
CM 16 Germany Dietmar Hamann
CM 17 England Steven Gerrard
LM 13 England Danny Murphy
CF 8 England Emile Heskey
CF 10 England Michael Owen

And this was the drastically different team that beat Milan in the 2005 CL Final:

GK 1 Poland Jerzy Dudek
RB 3 Republic of Ireland Steve Finnan
CB 23 England Jamie Carragher
CB 4 Finland Sami Hyypiä
LB 21 Mali Djimi Traoré
DM 14 Spain Xabi Alonso
RM 10 Spain Luis García
CM 8 England Steven Gerrard (c)
LM 6 Norway John Arne Riise
SS 7 Australia Harry Kewell
CF 5 Czech Republic Milan Baroš

Sorry to piss on your chips JB but your talking absolute rubbish. If you are going to simply make things up to suit your argument then the discussion becomes somewhat futile.

Got to go. I'm off to have lunch with my kids aged 32 and 30 !!!!!  :laugh:
Last edited by devaney on Sun Jan 03, 2016 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby devaney » Sun Jan 03, 2016 2:04 pm

johnbarnes » Sun Jan 03, 2016 12:22 pm wrote:
devaney » Sun Jan 03, 2016 10:04 am wrote:[b]
Having looked at that list and their combined experience in no way do I regard my observation that we have not improved since JK's arrival as unreasonable. Our performance over the last 7 games has been as bad as anything I have seen for a very long time coming out of LFC. No passion, desire, creation or determination. JK is regarded as a great motivator. Does the team look motivated to you? Look back at the the team that won the 2005 CL. On paper they should have been nowhere near the final let alone winning it. The team that played against City displayed all the missing ingredients so just what has happened since then because we have gone backwards?

Oh by the way Devaney...
The team in 2005 that "On paper should have been nowhere near the final let alone winning it."
Most of which had previously achieved an historic treble in winning 3 cup competitions in one season, had previously played and lost a 1/4 CL tie under the previous manager (Hope you didn't think he was a slouch either?) Anyway... 
Just thought WE should know all the facts before you opt to get your UEFA badges and we pursue our crusade. Providing you're up for the challenge, but who wouldn't be for 7M a year?
...I almost forgot. Don't know if you remember, but we had that player back in 2005. For the life of me I can't remember his name (SH!T was was it?), erm... I'm sure he wore the No. 8 shirt? Can you remember, so I'll leave that one to the experts? But anyway, I think WE should bare this in mind once you have got your UEFA badges!

Shame you have taken on the role of a facetious knob simply concentrating your somewhat childish response on one aspect of my post. As for the treble winning team and the CL winning team I think you will find that your memory is playing tricks with you. THE MAJORITY OF THE PLAYERS WERE NOT THE SAME! This was the team that beat Alaves in the 2001 UEFA Cup Final:

And this was the drastically different team that beat Milan in the 2005 CL Final:

GK 1 Poland Jerzy Dudek
CB 4 Finland Sami Hyypiä
LB 21 Mali Djimi Traoré
DM 14 Spain Xabi Alonso
RM 10 Spain Luis García

Sorry to ***** on your chips JB but your talking absolute rubbish.

If you are going to simply make things up to suit your argument then the discussion becomes somewhat futile.

Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Sun Jan 03, 2016 2:24 pm

I don't quite seem your point as this is the worst bunch of players we've ever had.

Mignolet is not as good as either Westerveld or Dudek imo.

Hyypia/Henchoz/Carragher between built great partnerships - something Sakho/Lovren/Skrtel haven't done due to bad form or injuries.

On paper we should have the best fullbacks we've ever had, but they're just not performing for whatever reason.

The midfielders now of Can/Lucas/Allen/Henderson/Milner are nowhere near the level of those teams who had Gerrard/Alonso/McAllister/Hamann

The luxury players Coutinho/Firmino/Lallana only Coutinho would get in either of those old teams.. Murphy/Garcia were even more consistent than Firmino and Lallana.

And Strikers now Origi/Benteke/Sturridge compared to Fowler/Owen/Heskey/Baros

I know which lot I'd rather have and it's not them 2 donkeys and 2 games a year Sturridge.

Klopp has inherited garbage, let's give him time.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Jan 03, 2016 2:56 pm

As I've just pointed out in the player ratings thread, that game yesterday was the first time West Ham have beaten us home and away in over half a century, this squad of players have turned into a right group of record breakers, unfortunately for us they are breaking all the wrong records.
They are absolute shyte, i've probably seen as many gutless capitulations over the last 12 months as in the previous 40 odd years put together, to paraphrase Shakespeare something is definately rotten in the state of Denmark.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Doeboy » Sun Jan 03, 2016 4:13 pm

I said at the very beginning there is a real lack of character/leadership in this side. All the type to pass the back when it comes to taking responsibility. Too many coasters who turn up when it suits them and go missing when we really need them.

Sorry but this is LFC your playing for, not some no mark club where ***** performances and fight are tolerated and forgotten about.  Saying that,  it doesn't surprise me with modern day footballers. The game has changed and players no longer have the same affinity with the clubs they play for, especially those who are bought.  We need bring some home grown lads through.  We have always been built around them and desperately missing that element at the moment
Doeboy

Postby parchpea » Sun Jan 03, 2016 4:30 pm

We need to build a team fit for the tough challenge and variety of styles in the Premiership.

What we have now is a model that would possibly compete pretty well in other European leagues but not here, we are being run all over the shop physically and for speed, technical footballers unable to cope.

West Ham beat us easily and I think we will struggle to finish above them.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby johnbarnes » Sun Jan 03, 2016 4:32 pm

devaney » Sun Jan 03, 2016 2:04 pm wrote:
johnbarnes » Sun Jan 03, 2016 12:22 pm wrote:
devaney » Sun Jan 03, 2016 10:04 am wrote:[b]

Oh by the way Devaney...

Shame you have taken on the role of a facetious knob simply concentrating your somewhat childish response on one aspect of my post. As for the treble winning team and the CL winning team I think you will find that your memory is playing tricks with you. THE MAJORITY OF THE PLAYERS WERE NOT THE SAME! This was the team that beat Alaves in the 2001 UEFA Cup Final:

GK 1 Poland Jerzy Dudek
CB 4 Finland Sami Hyypiä
LB 21 Mali Djimi Traoré
DM 14 Spain Xabi Alonso
RM 10 Spain Luis García

Sorry to ***** on your chips JB but your talking absolute rubbish.

If you are going to simply make things up to suit your argument then the discussion becomes somewhat futile.

Hey Devaney. Let it be known that for one that shines silently will always allow all those know it alls to shine so bright!
I left the door open for you to walk through and you did. Your expert Wikipedia knowledge is 2nd to none!
Like I said before YOU'RE THE MAN to fix LFC. It's just a shame that you won't take up the challenge.
Enjoy lunch
  :laugh:
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Jan 03, 2016 5:00 pm

Doeboy » Sun Jan 03, 2016 3:13 pm wrote:I said at the very beginning there is a real lack of character/leadership in this side. All the type to pass the back when it comes to taking responsibility. Too many coasters who turn up when it suits them and go missing when we really need them.

Sorry but this is LFC your playing for, not some no mark club where ***** performances and fight are tolerated and forgotten about.  Saying that,  it doesn't surprise me with modern day footballers. The game has changed and players no longer have the same affinity with the clubs they play for, especially those who are bought.  We need bring some home grown lads through.  We have always been built around them and desperately missing that element at the moment

Yeah, this group of players seem to accept gutless capitulations as just another one of those things that happen quite regularly in football like draws at home. Years ago under Shankly and Paisley a performance like that recent one at Watford would have triggered a squad clear out.
Being humiliated by mid table clubs has pretty much become acceptable at Liverpool and as a result our fall from grace is pretty much complete, even our fans are second rate, the only thing we have got going for us now is Jurgen Klopp.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Jan 03, 2016 5:14 pm

There are some clear big problems with our squad....it's filled with players who arn't good enough and simply turn up to play, week-in, week-out. It reminds me of the dark Souness days.

However, making big changes in January won't help. The best players won't move before the Euros (unless they're not playing regularly) and the prices for those available will be sky high. We could perhaps get one influential player in, but no more and Klopp knows this.

I expect Klopp to make big changes in the summer, with a big clear out of the mid-table dross that our previous manager signed. Until then, it's a case of making do.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Sun Jan 03, 2016 11:34 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Jan 03, 2016 3:56 pm wrote:As I've just pointed out in the player ratings thread, that game yesterday was the first time West Ham have beaten us home and away in over half a century, this squad of players have turned into a right group of record breakers, unfortunately for us they are breaking all the wrong records.
They are absolute shyte, i've probably seen as many gutless capitulations over the last 12 months as in the previous 40 odd years put together, to paraphrase Shakespeare something is definately rotten in the state of Denmark.

Talking about breaking records, this half of the season has been our most ineffective in terms of scoring goals in our entire history. Yes, you read that right, in our ENTIRE history.

damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Dundreamin is back » Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:05 am

This thing we have learnt while he sits counting his pay off. Rodgers was a absolute S.hit manager he got lucky in 2013-14 Suarez was not his signing that was the King. He got rid of Caroll in 2012/13 only to sign a exact Caroll like player in Benteke 3years later.

As for ticky tacky football the c.unt couldn't spell it never mind play it.In 2000-01 GED the Red got us to 2 Domestic cup finals winning both. The King got us to 2 Cup finals, in 2014-15 Rodgers got us knocked in 2 Cup Semi-Finals the only manager ever to do it( Stick that in your CV) Rodgers took us back to the Souness Era add a CL group exit to the football Giants of Basle and Ludogrets there you have it. Rodgers is a useless f.uckwit. I never really like him with his shiny white teeth, bining his wife to some wannabe WAG good riddance you K.nobhead.
Dundreamin is back
LFC Advanced Member

Postby leeroy74 » Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:17 am

Dundreamin is back » Sun Jan 03, 2016 11:05 pm wrote:This thing we have learnt while he sits counting his pay off. Rodgers was a absolute S.hit manager he got lucky in 2013-14 Suarez was not his signing that was the King. He got rid of Caroll in 2012/13 only to sign a exact Caroll like player in Benteke 3years later.

As for ticky tacky football the c.unt couldn't spell it never mind play it.In 2000-01 GED the Red got us to 2 Domestic cup finals winning both. The King got us to 2 Cup finals, in 2014-15 Rodgers got us knocked in 2 Cup Semi-Finals the only manager ever to do it( Stick that in your CV) Rodgers took us back to the Souness Era add a CL group exit to the football Giants of Basle and Ludogrets there you have it. Rodgers is a useless f.uckwit. I never really like him with his shiny white teeth, bining his wife to some wannabe WAG good riddance you K.nobhead.

You see you did so well with the facts but then ruined yourself by throwing in personal digs. His teeth and wife are f*ck all to do with you or this club. As for the facts you stated well yeah, they speak for themselves and it's just as well we're shut of him.
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games