WBA vs LIVERPOOL Sun 16th April 1:30PM

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby 7_Kewell » Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:45 pm

Another cup final and hopefully another 3 points.

Both Henderson and Lallana are ruled out, although the latter should be back in training next week. No one knows if we'll use the same 5 at the back as we did last week (or revert to 4-3-3) but Coutinho and Firmino are expected to start.

If we win, we'll go 9 points clear of Manure and they'll HAVE to beat Chelsea (which kicks off 4:30 on sunday) to stand any chance of reeling us or Man City in.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Fri Apr 14, 2017 3:59 pm

These lot are a decent side, been playing decent this season.
At home they have been ok lost 5 in total. Recently 2 home losses vs Southampton and Palace.

This is going to be a tough one im sure Pulis will park the bus and try to snatch a goal from somewhere.

We can't afford to be 1-0 down again. We won't always make comebacks like we did vs Stoke.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:26 pm

We've only got 6 games left (including this one) so we are at the stage of the season where mistakes are terminal. We blew a great opportunity to qualify for the CL at the end of last season when we lost to Seville and it would be a huge kick in the nuts to fall at the final fence again.
We've been saying it all season but this one really is a must win.
Come on you reds.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Doeboy » Fri Apr 14, 2017 5:33 pm

WBA gone off the boil since they beat Arsenal. Another team who are probably just drifting towards the end of the season.Defend well (especially from set pieces), match them up in the physical battles and we will beat them 2-0/2-1 imo
Doeboy

Postby only me » Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:06 pm

We need to hold the fort till the reinforcements arrives (AKA lallana and maybe Hendo).
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:31 pm

If only we had just couple of games to go. 6 finals are just too much :D.

West brom recent form -LLWDLL

Our side will most likely be..

Mignolet

Clyne Matip Lovren Milner

Lucas
     Can        Wijnaldum

Firmino            Coutinho

Origi
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:41 pm

1 year on from that epic match last year.
Liverpool 4-3 Dortmund.

What a match that was.

https://youtu.be/8eNOc38SQOA
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby aCe' » Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:51 pm

They are the best side in the league in set pieces. If we are organized in defending them, it'll come down to whether our front 3 or 4 are able to break them. I'd actually consider having Moreno start here with Milner playing the Mane role if Firmino fails to make it.Doubt Klopp would start Sturridge but that would obviously be preferable with Origi playing wide right.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:12 pm

They've scored 14 goals i think from corners, tricky side for sure.
We're bound to have a lot of possession so we have to make the most out of it.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Apr 15, 2017 12:02 am

Yeah good point about set pieces, they will deffo be a concern, especially given we are rubbish at defending them.
Simon was the hero last week but who'd put it past him being the villain on Sunday? If he does decide to come off his line it's imperative that he gets a solid fist to the ball, he can't afford to be flapping around against this lot.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:49 pm

We all know what we can expect from a pulis side tomorrow so we have got to be properly prepared with a gameplan. I think that will be a Counter attack approach but it will be all for nothing if we don't tighten up at the back.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby ethanr » Sat Apr 15, 2017 6:45 pm

This is the type of game we've been dropping points in for a while now, so will be very important we don't give anything away. Pulis always had Ferguson's D!ck up his *****, and has seemed to gain a vengeful hate towards Liverpool for whatever reason, so he'll want to disrupt our hopes of CL more than anything. As we all expect, they'll defend deep and look to hit on the counter. Our pointless crosses will do nothing for us today, and they'll look for fouls and corners as big opportunities. We need to avoid fouls in our half, and not give any cheap corners away. Luckily Coutinho has been on good form lately, and I thought Sturridge actually looked pretty solid last week, so wouldn't mind seeing him start or get some good minutes.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby Doeboy » Sat Apr 15, 2017 7:12 pm

Man City beating Southampton 3-0 so go 3rd having played the same number of games. Tomorrow is a big game and i'll take any kind of 3 points be it a scrappy 1-0 or a 3-0
Doeboy

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:59 pm

We have never beaten a Tony Pulis side away from home in the prem. Make no mistake we are going to have our hands full tomorrow against this lot.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby eds » Sun Apr 16, 2017 1:58 am

Really hoping we can stay in form and dispatch the next 6 sides with relative ease.

They are all mid-table and most of them are safe from relegation (bar Middlesborough).

The all look easy on paper but we are such a topsy-turvy side we could draw / lose all of them if we don't show up.

Klopp needs to get us 4th place so we can at least try and bring in some decent players next season.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - Games