A win is a win...it all adds up
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby eds » Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:25 pm

Moreno should be asked to leave immediately  :no 

3 points tho!  We move on.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:26 pm

maguskwt » Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:20 pm wrote:OMFG Moreno... did you think you're Alonso?

:laugh:   :laugh:   :laugh:

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby parchpea » Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:29 pm

Massive win, an ugly performance, but crucial.

United dont win now and think they are out of top 4 and Mourhino has all but conceded looking at team selection, Europa the target.

After Stoke and that today I feel Klopp has learned you cant just blow teams away every week here, sometimes you have to show another side and be streetwise just get it done.

Big save from Mignolet later on.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby Doeboy » Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:29 pm

Job done. Ability to win ugly is a must if you want to go places so I'm glad we showed we had that in out locker. Really think top 4 is done now and it's more about us trying to get 3rd (2nd might be a too much of a stretch although you never know)
Doeboy

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:33 pm

To be fair to Moreno he couldn't pass it to Sturridge as Danny would have been offside, you need two players goalside when the ball is played, he did well realising that but f**ked up the shot.
Great win though, I thought Can and Origi were outstanding.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Mikz » Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:47 pm

Milner was the best player on the pitch
'' Gary lineker may well have scored 5 goals in 5 minutes , but i think you have to say, what else did he do '' ...Jimmy Hill
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:57 pm

Maybe today was a snapshot of how we will adapt to certain opposition but with better players next season.

I wouldnt say I enjoyed the performance but I really enjoyed the win.

We seemed to have got ourselves bogged down by a style competition in recent seasons when Liverpools greatest teams killed games quieting things down and being boring at times, we used to be criticised on the number of back passess back then when gaining control of games.

If we get top 4 I do believe its a bigger achievement than we will get credit for given our spending and injury list.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby only me » Sun Apr 16, 2017 4:09 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Apr 16, 2017 2:33 pm wrote:To be fair to Moreno he couldn't pass it to Sturridge as Danny would have been offside, you need two players goalside when the ball is played, he did well realising that but f**ked up the shot.
Great win though, I thought Can and Origi were outstanding.

to be fair to Moreno he isn't a football player...
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Sun Apr 16, 2017 4:22 pm

Important and crucial win.
We finally beat the mighty West Brom.
Well done lads keep this going.
We are heading closers to a champs league spot.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Apr 16, 2017 5:41 pm

A very professional performance from a reds team that now seem to have the wherewithal to close down games successfully, I thought Lucas  was defensively  brilliant  throughout and he read the game superbly as did Matip who never put a foot wrong and brought the ball out of defence with real purpose.

I still think for a player the size of Origi he needs to contest the ball more and hold up play better,  he just needs to be more imposing if he's to start the game as our striker.

This is another massive three points against a side famous for taking points off the top teams at the Hawthornes, and a further example of how shorn of three of arguably our form players the managers intelligent use of game tactics has really come to the fore in our last few games.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Apr 16, 2017 6:04 pm

United beat Chelsea as well so we needed the win, we would have been relying on other clubs to do us a favour if we had lost or drawn.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby only me » Sun Apr 16, 2017 6:13 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Apr 16, 2017 5:04 pm wrote:United beat Chelsea as well so we needed the win, we would have been relying on other clubs to do us a favour if we had lost or drawn.

fcking chelsea hope they lose the title...against a secondary Manshiite squad..
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Apr 16, 2017 6:55 pm

only me » Sun Apr 16, 2017 5:13 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Apr 16, 2017 5:04 pm wrote:United beat Chelsea as well so we needed the win, we would have been relying on other clubs to do us a favour if we had lost or drawn.

fcking chelsea hope they lose the title...against a secondary Manshiite squad..

I know mate, the one time we want them to win they f[uck]ing let us down.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby JC_81 » Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:10 pm

Good performance and a great win.

Thought Matip was superb and to be fair to Mignolet he was brilliant and has been for several weeks now. Is it possible he's finally got over whatever confidence issue/decision making/concentration problems that have blighted his LFC career? Not only did he save us on 80mins with a top drawer save but he commanded his area superbly. The lad deserves credit. If we do make CL he has played a massive part.

Shame Chelsea put in their worst display of the season today at OT. The scum actually deserved to win. Pogba is still laughable though. The lad is just not a top player let alone an 89mil one.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games