WBA v Liverpool 21/4 12.30pm k.o.

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Welsh wizzard 13 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 2:45 pm

Klopp not happy with decisions today was well fooked off. To be fair moaning about a dry pitch come on lol
Welsh wizzard 13
LFC Member

Postby woof woof ! » Sat Apr 21, 2018 2:57 pm

Less than 20 minutes to go, we're two nil up and coasting .

What the f*ck happened ????????????

As I watched the game I was thinking about how we all used to Sh*t ourselves with only a one goal lead BUT I was comfortable thinking about how much our defensive play has improved and was confident we'd get another goal.

When our second goal went in I thought "That's it game over  :buttrock  "

Unfortunately maybe our players thought the same   :down:

Chewing my own teeth here over how we threw this game away   :veryangry

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Boocity » Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:02 pm

:angry: That was one o the worst referee performances I have seen this season, the guy was a joke, the penalty of Ings he claimed was a coming together,  :veryangry  and then Ings gets punched on the ground right on front of the Ref and 4th official and to cap it all he awards them a free kick for the WB player losing his balance and falling over. No wonder no English refs are going to the WC.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby algymoon » Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:02 pm

A very lucky draw, and as usual a shitty keeper and shitty defence, a poor performance by the whole team, despite a shocking poor referee he didn't have the gut to make decisions and he was totally depending on his two incompetent linesmen!
Dropped very valuable two points which it might be proved costly in 5 weeks time! Weird decision to bring in another CB, as for Gomez he is not really a fullback, he was very poor in that position. I thought Ings did well and should have a penalty and the defender to be set off for punch him later on.

Poor and dull team performance and they ought to watch it on Tuesday!!
algymoon

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:05 pm

Too much rotation in defence has cost us today. Moreno and Klavan have got to be given the boot at the end of the season, and Gomez is not a right back. Leaving Robertson, TAA and Lovren on the bench backfired today. :nod

Throwing away two goal leads.. Tut Tut.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby only me » Sat Apr 21, 2018 4:13 pm

I hope Lovern will shake this pathetic performance today as will surely start on Tuesday...In the short minutes he played he managed to lose a ball in a critical area and of course breaking the offside...
Next year he should be the 4th option as our CB...I just don't trust the lad.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Apr 21, 2018 4:52 pm

woof woof ! » Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:57 pm wrote:Less than 20 minutes to go, we're two nil up and coasting .

What the f*ck happened ????????????

As I watched the game I was thinking about how we all used to Sh*t ourselves with only a one goal lead BUT I was comfortable thinking about how much our defensive play has improved and was confident we'd get another goal.

When our second goal went in I thought "That's it game over  :buttrock  "

Unfortunately maybe our players thought the same   :down:

Chewing my own teeth here over how we threw this game away   :veryangry

Klavan and Moreno showed today why they can't get a game, and Gomez should have started alongside VVD as he gets caught out time and again at RB.

I think the issue is lack of squad depth - we simply are not good enough to rotate our best players. But Klopp probably knows that and will fix that in the summer.  Crappy result, but our top 4 place is all but secured and we can look forward to our CL SEMI FINAL  :buttrock
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:23 pm

Feck off... i feckin hate these kind of  capitulations. I thought we have left them behind. Klavan, Moreno, Gomez or not you don't concede 2 goals in the last 11 mins to a feckin team who is rock bottom of the league. Klopp should really feck them up. It is no excuse if you are trying to be top 3 team in the league and just beat the runaway champions convincingly over 2 legs in the CL...
:veryangry  :veryangry  :veryangry
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:25 pm

We should have won that easily when Salah gave us a 2 goal cushion. 2nd half was poor and lapse of concentration cost us in the end.

Still 3 points ahead of Spurs with a very good goal difference.

I think 3rd will come down to what happens when we face Chelsea.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:12 pm

Pi$$ poor today at the back. Had their minds on Tuesday when there was a game to be won today.
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby damjan193 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:57 am

I actually thought we might draw this one even before the game started, and I was even OK with it, but not like this. Just when I thought that losing 2 or 3 goal leads on regular basis was a thing of the past, we do something like this. Absolutely fuming about this one.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Apr 22, 2018 1:11 am

Didn't think we all that great today but value for the lead till we had a meltdown.  :down:

Can't blame Klopp for resting players and making changes because of the importance of Tuesday. We went 2 up so should have been game over. Had a case regarding the ref but so what about the pitch. Just deflecting attention I reckon. Still I hope he let fly in the dressing room.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:11 am

Very disappointing.

Klopp knows who he has to get rid of and MUST wield the axe accordingly. Get rid of ALL the deadwood.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:59 am

The result is disappointing but what it means for the upcoming games is what makes it a terrible result...It means the Stoke game is a must win game for us and it's just before the 2nd leg with Roma...
I don't know what Klopp should have done but we had to secure the 2 goals lead...it would have made life much more easier on us...
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:10 am

For the first time in a long while we looked vulnerable in the air yesterday, both of their goals came from crosses slung into our box, they nearly had a couple more as well, how Rodriguez never got his foot to that one that flashed across our goal line God only knows.
At times VVD resembled Horatius at the bridge single handedly defending the walls of Rome from Tarquin's Etruscan hordes. He's the reason we managed to get out of there with a point, without him we would have lost that game.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games