Watford V Liverpool - EPL - 20th Dec K.O. 1.30pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby JC_81 » Tue Dec 22, 2015 2:05 pm

Only so much Klopp can do with this bunch. Too many are of the wrong mentality and aren't up for a scrap when the going gets tough.

Players like Skrtel, Moreno, Can, Allen, Lallana and Firmino are soft. I really don't know how Skrtel ever got his 'hard man' image, he's just not. Even Lucas didn't look like he fancied it against Watford. When you lack technical ability and are in the team, like Lucas, to scrap for the ball then you need to be up for it every game. Lucas is so slow now it's hard to watch. He is still a good player on his day but it is time we had a proper upgrade in that position in front of the back 4.

At least players like Sakho, Hendo and Milner will roll their sleeves up and give you a shift.

Coutinho I can sort of forgive. Clearly with his stature he can't be expected to be effective in a scrap. It's the job of the rest of them to win the ball and give it to him in positions where he can cause damage. But even he retreated into his shell against Watford which I didn't like.

Lallana for me is the worst offender though. He jumps out of every tackle. He doesn't want to earn the right to play. It's just criminal and I'm sick of him. He has to be the first to go this summer in my opinion. Or perhaps second to go after Mignolet.

The Mignolet contract talk concerns me. It suggests Klopp rates him, which for me raises concerns right away about Klopp's judgement. For me Mignolet is backup keeper material or mid table team starter material. It's no coincidence that with him in goal that's exactly where we are.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Tue Dec 22, 2015 2:32 pm

JC_81 » Tue Dec 22, 2015 1:05 pm wrote: Even Lucas didn't look like he fancied it against Watford.

Maybe my memories going but I don't recall him being asked to play CB role before, maybe that's why he didn't fancy it ?

Lets face it , it was an odd decision, the normal choice would have been to drop Can into the back four or to bring on Toure.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby JC_81 » Tue Dec 22, 2015 2:37 pm

He wasn't playing centre half when he fan.nied about in the middle of the park and allowed Watford to gain easy possession and Deeney to play on Ighalo for their second.

Sorry woof but he looked off the pace before he dropped into the back 4.

And not fancying it is unacceptable no matter where you are asked to play, he's supposed to be a professional and got paid more for that performance than I take home in a year. So no sympathy from me.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Tue Dec 22, 2015 2:38 pm

But I do agree with you it was unnecessary for Klopp to play Lucas at the back.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Tue Dec 22, 2015 4:26 pm

Mate, most of us are firmly on the Klopp bus.

However, Imo there were some puzzling decisions before and during the game, Lucas as a CB being just one of them.

Not for the first time we've underestimated the oppo's determination for a fight and thought our "football" would be enough too see us through. As "someone" recently said "First you have to win the fight and then you can win the football" !

A shitty pitch on a shitty rainy day and we allowed Watford to nullify any quality we had, they weren't gonna stand back and admire our football.

I know it easy to be wise after the event BUT after ten minutes it was obvious in a game like this we needed more steel than "skill" . Firmino and Coutinho weren't the best choice for a game like this. We should've have immediately introduced more meat, Whacking the fking ball up front to a pairing of Benteke and Origi would imo yielded a better result. Not pretty perhaps, but Watford weren't concerned about being pretty, they were there for the points and they got them !

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games