Tottenham v LIVERPOOL Sun 22nd Oct 4.00pm KO

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:24 pm

There was a time when the old Wembley was known as Anfield South, well hopefully we can make ourselves feel at home on Sunday with a good win against Spurs.
Pity Mane is injured, his trickery and pace would be hard to handle on a big pitch like Wembley's.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:52 pm

This will be tough and i mean very tough. Spurs are a strong balanced side who are doing very well under Pochetino. They pulled a great result against Real madrid so will be up for this one as ever.

I am gutted aswel that Mane is out because we really could have used that extra agility upfront.

We need to get back to winning ways in the Prem but realistically i feel this game has a draw written all over it.

1-1.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Doeboy » Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:40 pm

Think playing at wembley will suit us. Spurs may also be missing both Dembele and Wanyama which is a big positive for us. Not sure who they will setup with in midfield but we will have the advantage in midfield with those two out. Mane is a big miss but lot of space to get in behind at Wembley for Salah.

Think we may well need to get an early goal otherwise got a feeling this might end up being a cagey affair. May just be won by a Coutinho free kick or something in that mould.We will be on a high after the trashing we dished out midweek but by the same token sounds as though spurs did a good job against Madrid away at the Bernabeu so their tails will also be up. Saying that, wembley doesn't give them any kind of 'home' advantage imo and we should make the most of it.

Scorewise, I keep flipping between a 2/3-1 to us or a 1-1 draw.
Doeboy

Postby only me » Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:41 am

Let's see Klopp maintains the same team that crushed Maribor..Keep Trent and Milner..Just get Migs back in.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby parchpea » Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:36 pm

Tottenham seem to get the job done without ever looking outstanding, Kane is fantastic player but they are not unbeatable then again neither are we.

We won 7-0 away but knowing us could lose by 4 here, or win, its literally impossible to know with us, a mystery.

Milner brought experience mid week and a voice to the pitch, interesting to see if he keeps his place here assuming he can manage two games close together.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:45 pm

Keep the team that destroyed the marlboro lights mid-week. Let's get some momentum going with a few wins  :nod
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:40 pm

We just need the three points. I'll take a scrappy 1-0.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:15 pm

Pre match press conference

https://youtu.be/aGGak_McC60
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:18 pm

Chelsea v Watford
Huddersfield v Manchester United
Manchester City v Burnley

It doesn't look like any of our rivals are going to drop points today but you never know, fingers crossed.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:35 pm

This will probably be a a very tight game.
Line up will probably be :
Migs
Gomez Matip Lovren moreno
Can hendo wjnaldum
Salah firminho couts

I'd be surprised if it's any different to that.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:05 pm

United lost and Chelsea were lucky not to lose as well. Watford missed 2 absolute sitters to put the game away, if you haven't seen Richarlison's misses from earlier you have got to watch motd tonight.
Anyway United losing means that if we beat Spurs we will be gaining 3 points on 2 of our main rivals with just 1 result.
Despite our iffy start and despite getting hammered by City not to mention dropping points to the likes of Watford, Burnley, Newcastle etc if we win tomorrow we will be just 1 point behind Spurs and 4 points behind United.
Considering United looked out of sight 2 weeks ago this is a huge opportunity that we can't miss out on, however we do it we have got to make sure we win tomorrow.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:24 pm

Its the same for Spurs i guess a huge opportunity to get on level with Mancs. It's not going to be easy tomorrow so to be honest i couldn't care less how we win aslong as we get the 3 points. A scrappy 1-0 win I'd take any day of the week.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:38 pm

This is one of those games where it could be anything from a borefest to a thriller. Typically M.P tends to set his sides up to play openly against us and that plays right into our hands and partly why he has never beaten us. He is a good manager and has built a good side who are certainly good enough to finish 2nd this season.
We won't want to lose this either so will go with the same side as last week and hope the midfield has the same impact. If we can do that and put away a chance or 2 then we should be good for the 3 points.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:58 pm

You can guarantee this will be an open end to end game. I can't see anything else. I don't mind if we concede two, so long as we score 4.
We just have to outscore this lot in my opinion, as I think our defence will be stretched a fair bit in this game. No easy games these days, and as Huddersfield proved on Saturday, even the lesser teams like Brighton and Huddersfield away are going to be very tricky affairs also.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:42 am

Yup same here i could care less what the scoreline is even if its 7-5. I'm just hoping we somehow get 3 points. A win would increase the lads confidence and hopefully it will instil momentum for the rest of the campaign.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - Games