TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR VS LIVERPOOL - Sunday 18th september 1.30pm ko

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby dundreamin » Sun Sep 18, 2011 10:40 pm

no way kenny will put up with a display like that again, watch and learn
dundreamin
LFC Super Member

Location: skelmersdale. Land of the roundabouts and utter boredom

Postby tubby » Sun Sep 18, 2011 10:47 pm

dundreamin wrote:no way kenny will put up with a display like that again, watch and learn

Although the display against Stoke wasn't anything like today, we have still lost 2 in a row.

Wolves is a must win now.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Sun Sep 18, 2011 11:18 pm

A painful day.

We looked all over the place from the first min and even if we had kept 11 men on the pitch we still would have been beat at least 2-0. We were do poor all over the pitch with only Downing and Enrique coming out with any credit. It's going to be a long week waiting to play wolves and we HAVE to win that one.

Can't wait to get Gerrard back, we badly need him because Henderson looks like a little boy lost.
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby eds » Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:00 am

dundreamin wrote:no way kenny will put up with a display like that again, watch and learn

Weren't we saying that last week.

:no  :no  :no
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby Fowler_E7 » Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:11 am

Adebayor and Parker combined £5mil, Henderson and Carrol combined £55mil = Joke!
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby killerp » Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:36 am

Kenny had all fu.cking week to prepare for this game with no euro distractions & still produced a massive flop.

Thats one nail in his cofin for me...you don't just brush this result away & say we are building.
killerp

Postby maguskwt » Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:46 am

I'm gonna go and read Arsenal Mania...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thinkpad » Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:52 am

Everyone seems to point to the players. While I agree many of the players are not really the best in the league they were pretty good. What fails is not just the players. It is the approach to the game. Not to mentioned flaws found in every players. These flaws seems to only infect the players when they are at Liverpool.

If you look at how we play (pls watch the match again if u need to) we tend to pass back to defense and to goalie a lot. Even when we have an attacking advantage, when the players meet with an opponent he will pass it back. Then that player pass it back to defense and defense to goalie and goalie punt it up. I saw many times the ball was already at the opponent penalty area ut was pass back to goalie to be punt up. There is too much negativity in the approach. Lack of confidence? Or taught?

Why can't Liverpool players dribble? Even the lower teams players can dribble better. We can't dribble to create space and opportunity thus restricting our attack options. I don't think it is the players. Many of our players can dribble when they play for another team. What changed?

I have said it many times, get a coach to teach the art of falling down. It must be taught. No point being aggrieved by the opponents antics or angry at the refrees. It is a skill we lack then it is our loss. We deserve the end of the stick.

Ball holding is a skill that must be taught. We can't keep the ball when under pressure but Tottengam's players do not have such problem. We look silly chasing their shadow. We looked like the little boys playing with pros.

Soon I feel the results will not come. We have been found out. Teams just need to swarm us and we will be playing like today. Can't pass well, can't dribble and worst can't keep the ball. Top four is becoming only a dream...
Thinkpad

Postby red_guy » Mon Sep 19, 2011 3:26 am

Thinkpad wrote:Everyone seems to point to the players. While I agree many of the players are not really the best in the league they were pretty good. What fails is not just the players. It is the approach to the game. Not to mentioned flaws found in every players. These flaws seems to only infect the players when they are at Liverpool.

If you look at how we play (pls watch the match again if u need to) we tend to pass back to defense and to goalie a lot. Even when we have an attacking advantage, when the players meet with an opponent he will pass it back. Then that player pass it back to defense and defense to goalie and goalie punt it up. I saw many times the ball was already at the opponent penalty area ut was pass back to goalie to be punt up. There is too much negativity in the approach. Lack of confidence? Or taught?

Why can't Liverpool players dribble? Even the lower teams players can dribble better. We can't dribble to create space and opportunity thus restricting our attack options. I don't think it is the players. Many of our players can dribble when they play for another team. What changed?

I have said it many times, get a coach to teach the art of falling down. It must be taught. No point being aggrieved by the opponents antics or angry at the refrees. It is a skill we lack then it is our loss. We deserve the end of the stick.

Ball holding is a skill that must be taught. We can't keep the ball when under pressure but Tottengam's players do not have such problem. We look silly chasing their shadow. We looked like the little boys playing with pros.

Soon I feel the results will not come. We have been found out. Teams just need to swarm us and we will be playing like today. Can't pass well, can't dribble and worst can't keep the ball. Top four is becoming only a dream...

You got your point there mate. The feeling is mutual.
"Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool." Bill Shankly
red_guy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red_guy » Mon Sep 19, 2011 3:39 am

Seriously , we just made Spurs look like Barca. Embarrasing really. The worst performance so far.   :down:
red_guy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby skatesy » Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:45 am

damjan193 wrote:I just hope Gerrard comes back fit, could really use him at the moment.

Does the fact that we are relishing the return of a 31 year old midfielder show that we didn't maybe get the right players in the transfer period?
skatesy

Postby red_guy » Mon Sep 19, 2011 6:06 am

skatesy wrote:
damjan193 wrote:I just hope Gerrard comes back fit, could really use him at the moment.

Does the fact that we are relishing the return of a 31 year old midfielder show that we didn't maybe get the right players in the transfer period?

I guess it is safe to say 'Yes' to your question. We just don't have any creative/mobile midfielder other than Mr. Gerrard.
Last edited by red_guy on Mon Sep 19, 2011 6:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
red_guy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Mon Sep 19, 2011 7:16 am

Horrible, horrible performance. We were ripped apart from the off and we let them build up steam. No complaints about their first goal, it was a cracker. We let them dominate the firest 20 minutes and rather than kill the flow and rebuild we had the inexperienced Blackpool player sent off. Skrtl descended into epilepsy every time the ball came within 20 yards of him when he was outpaced, out twisted and out thought to the extent that every time he got the ball regardless of position he wanted to pass it back to Reina and curl up into a ball. Kenny should have brought him off at halftime, he was spent. It was obvious to everyone except KK he couldn't cope then we went 2-0 down and he was off - no way we could recover when if he'd brought Kuyt on at 1/2 time and changed the emphasis he might have worked towards an equaliser and saved the thug a red card.

Carroll is both a bad player and doesn't fit Suarez's style. Compare his work rate with Adebayor's. 2 men down and he was still flicking the ball on... with no one in front of him? His complete lack of pace, he reminds me of a 3 legged donkey. Would have brought him off at HT and brought Bellamy on. Kuyt, Bellamy and Suarez would have taken the game into the Spurs half and cut off Modic and Adebayor.

What gets me is the Spurs team has gelled and are working together, the reds are still trying to work out how to play together.

Steve Clark and KK were very observant during the game and discussed things in low whispers the media would have difficult picking up. Whilst obviously miffed, I don't doubt for a second they'll take the drastic action to cull again in the january window.

For me its bye bye Carroll, Skrtl and Agger. Kenny thought he'd done well in the last window but his work is unfinished.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Johnny Boy » Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:06 am

I think having reflected I can only go along the same lines as yesterday and what most have said.

Skrtel should never have started at right back especially as they are so strong down their left. Bellamy and Kuyt for me would have been better options than Carroll and Henderson, I actually think Carroll should have started against Stoke but not yesterday.

Despite the overhaul in the transfer window we still lack a top class creative midfielder, Tottenham have 2 in Modric and Van Der Vaart.
We look slow and pedestrian in the middle.

I am not sure Carroll and Henderson are good signings at the moment, hopefully I will be proved wrong. Adam for the fee we paid was still worthwhile.

The referee was average but that cannot disguise how bad we were, even with 11 men early on we were outplayed.

I think Kenny and his staff need to have a good think about what went on yesterday and it's not just the players who were to blame.
Johnny Boy
LFC Super Member

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:10 am

quick let's sell the whole team and then buy 11 of the worlds best players, oh yeah and buy a new ground and sack Kenny coz he is clueless....

SHOCKING SUPPORT FROM THE WORLDS BEST?

:angry:
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games