Swansea V Liverpool 22/01 20:00

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby redshade » Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:52 am

Maybe our players underestimated Swansea. They probably thought we will have easy possession and walk through them. I noticed a lot of mis placed paces from us and quite a few from Mane. We were sloppy and Swansea were on their A game. Their manager was correct pre match when he said Liverpool will be surprised when they face us.
They got their goal and defended deep.

Oh well we move on.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby eds » Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:22 am

It's not the first time I said it and I don't think it will be the last.

Klopp needs to learn how to change his tactics when mediocre cowardly teams put 11 of their players behind the ball.

This will only serve as hard proof on how all other inferior EPL teams can play against us and beat us for the rest of the season.

I can already see Maureen doing this when we visit Manure in March. The only difference is they will have players like Sanchez and Martial running at our defenders on the constant counter. Without either a creative CM or clinical ST in the team we will continue to risk results like the aberration we saw against Swansea.

And to any of the idiots ignoring the fact that we have a glaring gap with Coutinho leaving and saying stopid s**t like "this result would have happened with him as well", go and uppercut yourselves you silly kunts. We need to replace him with quality and it needs to happen now in Jan, not in 6 months time.  :no
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby maguskwt » Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:33 am

Feck off! Sometimes I just hate supporting this team. We just keep shooting ourselves in the foot. I did say banana skin at the start of the thread... :no
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:00 am

Oh dear... we did it again.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boocity » Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:24 am

A lot of posts on here that City would brush teams like this aside. Every team has an off day, remember City against Palace they couldn't score in that game for love nor money and only  a last minute penalty miss by Palace got city the draw. Our problem last night is we weren't mentally prepared for that game. Too many players had an off day as they expected Swansea just to roll over and allow us to stroll off with 3 points. It's the same in anything, fail to prepare, prepare to fail.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boocity » Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:39 am

eds » Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:22 am wrote:It's not the first time I said it and I don't think it will be the last.

Klopp needs to learn how to change his tactics when mediocre cowardly teams put 11 of their players behind the ball.

This will only serve as hard proof on how all other inferior EPL teams can play against us and beat us for the rest of the season.

I can already see Maureen doing this when we visit Manure in March. The only difference is they will have players like Sanchez and Martial running at our defenders on the constant counter. Without either a creative CM or clinical ST in the team we will continue to risk results like the aberration we saw against Swansea.

And to any of the idiots ignoring the fact that we have a glaring gap with Coutinho leaving and saying stopid s**t like "this result would have happened with him as well", go and uppercut yourselves you silly kunts. We need to replace him with quality and it needs to happen now in Jan, not in 6 months time.  :no

Maybe we play them at their own game and sit back and invite them to come on to us us and then hit them on the break.
I do agree we should replace Coutinho this window but this is the team that beat City last week. If we played Swansea again tonight we would probably blow them away so it wasn't Coutinho missing that caused that defeat poor attitude and poor finishing did.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kenny Kan » Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:54 am

Oh my. You gotta laugh really or you'll go crazy supporting this club.

Beat a team top of the league one week who hadn't lost all season til they came up against us at home.

Then, lose our 18 unbeaten game record to a team at the foot of the table a week later.

ONLY Liverpool.
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:02 am

Extremely difficult result to take that was. Fair enough we had a good run and it was always going to end at some point but the manner in which it did and who it was against is hard to take. I thought we had turned a corner this season and put those kind of performances behind us.
On top of that it just highlighted again how pi$$ poor our bench is.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby algymoon » Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:31 am

A total shambles, and back to the same old Sh*t, the nutcase has not prepared the team at all, they all thought it will walk in park!
Swansea, what an excellent defensive preparation, excellent passing, and ceased their one chance to win the game, they were winning all tackles, aggressive, funny enough Liverpool looked the bottom team and they are in top half.

For Liverpool there was no creativity used to come from Couthinho! and just look at all the top five clubs are buying top quality players old and young, and our clever manager is quite content with what he has got and wants to finish second MADNESS!!!!!!!!!!!
algymoon

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:50 pm

Boocity » Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:39 am wrote:
eds » Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:22 am wrote:It's not the first time I said it and I don't think it will be the last.

Maybe we play them at their own game and sit back and invite them to come on to us us and then hit them on the break.
I do agree we should replace Coutinho this window but this is the team that beat City last week. If we played Swansea again tonight we would probably blow them away so it wasn't Coutinho missing that caused that defeat poor attitude and poor finishing did.

City may be a far better side than Swansea but they were a perfect match up for us tactically. By committing numbers forward and passing it out from the back they walked right into our trap.
Swansea set up in a completely different way, they set up in such a way that we were forced to play the game on their terms, not ours.
I think we'd better get used to games like last nights because 95% of the teams that we are going to come up against between now and the end of May are going to adopt the exact same tactics as Swansea.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:41 pm

We bottled it ,the build up play was slow and predictable and that first half was possibly the worst 45 min's of football I've seen from a team with expectations to finish in the top 3/4.

So many bad decisions going forward,so many things wrong with that display its practically impossible to pin point. Mawson carried out the best marshaling job Ive seen any defender do on Salah and without him being allowed to turn and twist in the box we seemed lost and Robertson seemed reluctant to go past his man and preferred to pass it back into midfield rather than getting to the by line and throwing it into the mix. Midfield was pedestrian and looked lethargic and Gini had his worst game in a red shirt, Chamberlain was passing simple balls straight to the opposition and needed replacing and Lallana should have replaced Firmino who by his standards was poor.

Oh well, we keep learning hey  ???
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby electrum » Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:47 pm

One of my main concerns from the match was Mane continuing to look a shadow of the player he was last season.

When was the last time he actually went past a man? Also, he loses the ball with alarming regularity.

Something is definitely not right with him and it needs sorting or perhaps a couple of games starting on the bench might be in order to get him to realize he needs to sort himself out...
electrum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:36 pm

I noticed last year that Mane used the same thing to beat a player over and over again.. and that was to slow down his run, get the player square on, and then knock the ball round them and accelerate past them.

This year he slows his run down, looks around, and the defender nicks the ball from him.

He's become too predictable.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby kazza » Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:49 am

Refusing to panic and turn on the team. We dominated play, missed opportunities that on another day go in and made one error defensively that on another day does not fall kindly for their player. You play that match 10 times and nine times out of ten Liverpool win. Get a grip people!

After a nineteen game unbeaten run we were due a loss and since we dominated the match more a question of bad luck than bad strategy.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:29 am

kazza » Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:49 am wrote:Refusing to panic and turn on the team. We dominated play, missed opportunities that on another day go in and made one error defensively that on another day does not fall kindly for their player. You play that match 10 times and nine times out of ten Liverpool win. Get a grip people!

After a nineteen game unbeaten run we were due a loss and since we dominated the match more a question of bad luck than bad strategy.

There's a stat doing the rounds which states that in games where we've totally dominated the ball we've only managed 2 wins, so in other words if you want at least a draw out of us just let us have the ball, we don't know what to do with it.
It's alright saying get a grip Kaz but it's obvious that we have an issue when it comes to breaking teams down who sit deep. The issue was there when we had Phil so it's going to be even worse now.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games