SUNDERLAND VS LIVERPOOL - Saturday 17th october, 3pm.

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Simari » Mon Oct 19, 2009 1:38 am

What's this fuss all about.

I remember a certain team from manchester trailing by 5 points at half-season.

Its far too early to decide the champions ffs :)
Simari
LFC Super Member

Postby red_guy » Mon Oct 19, 2009 2:26 am

Madmax wrote:
bunglemark2 wrote:
Madmax wrote:
bunglemark2 wrote:You gotta wonder what the feck Gerrard and Torres might be wondering watching from the side. I mean, is it too much to expect others to step up to the plate if you're out injured ? I reckon Gerrard and Torres are probably thinking to themselves if it was such a good idea to sign a new contract....
Truly abysmal perfoemance from soooooo many on the pitch, it beggars belief. This was Sunderland, FFS...And another thing : if Bruce can pick up a leader on the pitch like Cana for a song, why can't we ? What the hell is the famous LFC scouting network really getting paid for, eh ?

Maybe torres and especially gerrard is pondering will we ever retire with a title winning medal to our name?

To be quite frank, mate, I can't see another league title for a long, long time....Wonderboy Aquilani is not going to turn this season around on his own....And with all the other clubs spending much more than we can afford, we're slipping further and furthr behind. Much as I hate to say it......

Im hoping you are wrong but it does feel like that mate.. Would have been great had we not slip last seasons "golden opportunity"..

Yeah. Same here. Just wish that we can win something this season...well Carling cup is good enough for me... what can i say? better win something than nothing right?
"Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool." Bill Shankly
red_guy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby THEBARON » Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:35 am

Yeah. Same here. Just wish that we can win something this season...well Carling cup is good enough for me... what can i say? better win something than nothing right?

Agreed - only issue is the problem of our next opponents , Arsenal , away. Hardly a gimmee.

Remind me of the result last time our reserve/back up players faced Arsenal's young guns.

At the moment success this season would mean staying in the top 4.

Anyone who thinks we can improve on last season please let us know why.

This is not negative anti Rafa stuff - rather a sad realistic appraisal of where we are at the moment.
THEBARON

Postby FootballPictures » Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:00 am

The greatest pictures from Sunderland-Liverpool on www.footballpictures.eu !
FootballPictures

Postby bunglemark2 » Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:12 am

Somebody ban this tool : FootballPictures
"The greatest pictures from Sunderland-Liverpool on www.footballpictures.eu ! "
Same drivel every week....
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby kazza » Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:23 pm

bigmick wrote:Thank heavens all of the people who didn't contribute anything in terms of sensible comment are long gone, the forum is much the better for it I think.
And the case for the defence rests m'lud.

I would say the past couple of years this forum has taken a turn for the worse actually. Good posters have moved on and I am sure it has something to do with the same posters posting the same drivel over and over again.  The constant drivel (and your sarcasm) has suffocated this forum.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby beng » Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:33 pm

Rate players' output in game versus SUNDERLAND
http://www.voteplayers.com/Matches....43.aspx
beng

Postby bigmick » Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:18 pm

kazza wrote:
bigmick wrote:Thank heavens all of the people who didn't contribute anything in terms of sensible comment are long gone, the forum is much the better for it I think.

I would say the past couple of years this forum has taken a turn for the worse actually. Good posters have moved on and I am sure it has something to do with the same posters posting the same drivel over and over again.  The constant drivel (and your sarcasm) has suffocated this forum.

I can only sympathise with your plight. We all post drivel you're quite riught, but it must be doubly annoying for people such as yourself that some people's drivel has a strange habit of being right in the end.

You see when I took untold nonsense off of you and similar people of your ilk with regards mass rotation for example, the jury was still out to some extent at that point in time. Week after week I had to bare the brunt of your silliness, but ultimately of course the cocktail barman proved to be on the money. You don't mention it anymore, funny that.

There are numerous other examples where those that have simply stuck to their guns and talked about football, choosing not to get involved in insults, strangeness, personall attacks and the like have been proven to be on the money in the end.

I sympathise with you I really do. Maybe if you offered a few more actual football opinions the law of averages would dictate that you'd be right about something sooner or later. As it is, probably in excess of 75% of your posts are attacks in my direction.

The original post you've quoted is a good example of the way guys like you operate. It's on page 6 of this thread, as is the reply. I suppose you haven't posted those up as it wouldn't help to make your point.

If you re-read it, you will see that I post up that we still have the capability of fielding a strong team against Sunderland. I get called a silly playground name, I respond by laughing at the abuser. You come in and accuse ME of ruining the forum :laugh:. Sad really, on so many different levels.
Last edited by bigmick on Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Igor Zidane » Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:50 pm

Complete and utter sh!te , that's all you can say really. Roll on Lyon on tuesday . Feckin smack there @rses good style and onto the mancs. IS RIGHT ROSSI LAR.
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:01 pm

Bad Bob wrote:With that said, I've learned never to count out Rafa and the lads and it's entirely possible we get a result against the Mancs next week to..

:;):
LFC2007

Postby kazza » Tue Oct 20, 2009 8:55 am

bigmick wrote:
kazza wrote:

I can only sympathise with your plight. We all post drivel you're quite riught, but it must be doubly annoying for people such as yourself that some people's drivel has a strange habit of being right in the end.

You see when I took untold nonsense off of you and similar people of your ilk with regards mass rotation for example, the jury was still out to some extent at that point in time. Week after week I had to bare the brunt of your silliness, but ultimately of course the cocktail barman proved to be on the money. You don't mention it anymore, funny that.

There are numerous other examples where those that have simply stuck to their guns and talked about football, choosing not to get involved in insults, strangeness, personall attacks and the like have been proven to be on the money in the end.

I sympathise with you I really do. Maybe if you offered a few more actual football opinions the law of averages would dictate that you'd be right about something sooner or later. As it is, probably in excess of 75% of your posts are attacks in my direction.

The original post you've quoted is a good example of the way guys like you operate. It's on page 6 of this thread, as is the reply. I suppose you haven't posted those up as it wouldn't help to make your point.

If you re-read it, you will see that I post up that we still have the capability of fielding a strong team against Sunderland. I get called a silly playground name, I respond by laughing at the abuser. You come in and accuse ME of ruining the forum :laugh:. Sad really, on so many different levels.

75% wow, there is improvement as before you were claiming 100%. On the rotation thing all I said is you do not have the facts, which you didn't and don't. I was never wrong as you claim because what I said was true, you do and did NOT have all the facts. It was never new news Mick as every TV pundit was going on about the same thing, you talk like you invented sliced bread.

You do flood and suffocate this forum with you constant poorly masked negative drivel. The thing is it is constant and monotonous and while you may be right sometimes, your strangely hyped up opinion of yourself overshadows any of the pluses. The thing is you readily admit that you see things from a more neutral perspective in which case I question your agenda. You remind me of "Chelsea Forever" remember him? Same M. O. and the forum improved when he fecked off. Unlike you however he did not tease us with his leaving, he left. "I think I will stop posting for a while", a couple of days later your back :laugh:

Mick if Maureen was our manager you would complain, if Ferguson was our manager you would constantly find fault, Hidink, Cappello and any other manager you will be constantly be complaining. It is who you are, you think you are cleverer than everyone else. It is called selective memory and you are the master, when you are wrong it is forgotten but on the few occasions you are right you go on and on and on... You need the team to do poorly so you have something to talk about, when we win you have nothing to say. If we won constantly you would not have this (apparently the most important part of your day) to look forward to. You must be conflicted poor chap.

This high and mighty attitude you have of yourself, I just don't get it.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:44 am

kazza wrote:This high and mighty attitude you have of yourself, I just don't get it.

says the guy who not long back felt compelled to tell us all how simply wonderful his life and achievements are

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:09 am

I'm not going to bother quoting it, but kazza's post, :no deary deary me.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:55 am

Came out the ground on Saturday and was completely depressed. Usually after a loss I can get over it pretty quickly. This game though affected me more than usual. It was quite sad in a way. The "performance" was as far from a Liverpool performance as you could ever wish to see, not just in terms of ability but in terms of desire. Sunderland wanted it more and to me that's just plain unacceptable. One shot in 90 minutes is a disgrace.

Spent the first twenty minutes trying to work out what formation we were playing as it kept changing. Threee at the back blatantly didn't work, the midfield was lightweight (why Lucas started ahead of Macherano when they bothe arrived back at the same time I'll never know) and upfront we were powderpuff. There were no positives at all.

Sad times.
Last edited by stmichael on Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby kazza » Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:14 am

andy_g wrote:
kazza wrote:This high and mighty attitude you have of yourself, I just don't get it.

says the guy who not long back felt compelled to tell us all how simply wonderful his life and achievements are

I'm not bragging, but when someone tells me I am stalking him I just wanted him to know my life is full and I do not need stalk anyone (especially not someone so average). Simple enough to understand and anyone would have said the same including you.

The "deary me", a bit old that one.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games