Sunderland v Liverpool Monday 2nd Jan KO 15:00

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Doeboy » Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:38 am

Think the 4-1 thrashing Burnley handed out to Sunderland probably made it harder for us. Sunderland seemed up for it after that result and they seemed to raise their game today as Moyes was quite scathing of his players the other day and looked like they came out to put a real shift in front of their own crowd.

They were always in the game and worked very hard. Ordinarily, you would expect us to pen them in towards their goal but that never really happened today even though we had some bright periods during the game
Doeboy

Postby eds » Tue Jan 03, 2017 6:06 am

This draw is as s**t as a loss.

What lead to their 2nd penalty, was never a free-kick and that idiotic ref needs to be labotomised.

That being said we had our chances to put more than 2 past them and we blew it. Sturridge's latest injury highlights how completely undependable he is really is. I think come the end of the season he needs to sold for a much more stable CF.

I'm hoping that Spurs can finally do something against Chelsea, although they have a horrific long term record against them. To beat City only 2 days ago and potentially be 8 points off Chelsea with our next away to the scum highlights how f**king brutal this league is.
Last edited by eds on Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby killerp » Tue Jan 03, 2017 9:17 am

we need coutinho and Matip back pronto if we are to stay up the top end. Not sure who that Sturridge guy is that everyone is talking about!
killerp

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Jan 03, 2017 9:49 am

There's 57 points still to play for so there's a long, long way to go yet. Saying that you can't help but get the feeling that we are at least a couple of players short of a title winning side. As someone pointed out yesterday when Chelsea went to their bench the other day they brought on 2 ex Barcelona players where as our bench was full of 18 and 19 year old kids. Jurgen is doing a magnificent job but he is trying to turn water into wine, the title winning squad just isn't there.
We are in January so the club does have the opportunity to do something about it, wether they choose to do so or not is the 64,000 dollar question.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Mikz » Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:39 pm

They could start by bidding for Joe Hart and Ross Barkely  :nod  Two very useful additions to our team surely
'' Gary lineker may well have scored 5 goals in 5 minutes , but i think you have to say, what else did he do '' ...Jimmy Hill
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby algymoon » Tue Jan 03, 2017 3:49 pm

The same old story, one step forward, and three backward!, This team cannot defend a lead and cannot shut out any game, but very good in dropping points when it is much needed.

I understand two games within 42 hours is far too much, whereas Chelsea is getting too much of a rest!, referees are never kind to LFC, but they are much of a help to Chelsea and M.United!.

Can anybody tell me how many Central defenders youth and senior Liverpool squad have?  despite spending so much money on players over the past three years, the club is still very weak or short in that department! There is something seriously wrong in team management, are they crazy or an idiots? the latter may be correct or both!.. It is not a problem that it can be resolved!
algymoon

Postby parchpea » Tue Jan 03, 2017 5:18 pm

Klopp very animated post match and he definitely seems to find it hard balancing his team against more demanding fixture schedules, more or less admitted that in the interview I saw.

We rested fewest players but then again we arguably have the poorest strength in depth, I can only suggest more players if he cannot trust his squad to make 4 changes and predictably injuries have followed. Klopp may not be in favour of collecting players and we know FSG have a fantastic model that tries to eliminate waste but if it takes more bodies then we must be prepared to buy to win.

I read a tweet that suggested Chelsea have enjoyed 106 more hours rest than us this season with an identical fixture schedule, If we cant stop the games close together then if true that certainly needs to be looked at.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby only me » Tue Jan 03, 2017 6:33 pm

algymoon » Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:49 pm wrote:The same old story, one step forward, and three backward!, This team cannot defend a lead and cannot shut out any game, but very good in dropping points when it is much needed.

I understand two games within 42 hours is far too much, whereas Chelsea is getting too much of a rest!, referees are never kind to LFC, but they are much of a help to Chelsea and M.United!.

Can anybody tell me how many Central defenders youth and senior Liverpool squad have?  despite spending so much money on players over the past three years, the club is still very weak or short in that department! There is something seriously wrong in team management, are they crazy or an idiots? the latter may be correct or both!.. It is not a problem that it can be resolved!

I hope we survive the relegation battles...You are something else I must say
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Tue Jan 03, 2017 8:39 pm

Mikz » Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:39 pm wrote:They could start by bidding for Joe Hart and Ross Barkely  :nod  Two very useful additions to our team surely

Would have Barkely here in a shot. Not so keen on Hart as he's on par with Migs.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Tue Jan 03, 2017 9:56 pm

Barkley is a pikey. Mindless thug who has gone backwards. Can't believe some would want him in anfield
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby only me » Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:11 pm

bunglemark2 » Tue Jan 03, 2017 8:56 pm wrote:Barkley is a pikey. Mindless thug who has gone backwards. Can't believe some would want him in anfield

I would take a look at the young lad which destroyed us and is now destroying Arsenal...Fraser
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby devaney » Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:26 pm

algymoon » Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:49 pm wrote:The same old story, one step forward, and three backward!, This team cannot defend a lead and cannot shut out any game, but very good in dropping points when it is much needed.

POSTED THE FOLLOWING ON THE JK THREAD IN RESPONSE TO THOMMO WHICH COVERS SOME OF THE IDIOTIC POINTS THAT YOU MAKE:

To suggest that we were pitiful against City  and Sunderland is a ridiculous over reaction even by your standards Thommo  :laugh:  Against Sunderland we had 71% possession and 15 shots on goal as opposed to their 5.  A couple of stupid penalties were the key reason for the result. The first penalty was soft to say the least and the second penalty was the result of a questionable free kick that was not down to Lucas as you suggest. Very simple to criticise Klopp for not rotating the squad but. Really don't think that was the reason for dropping a couple of points. Bad luck and stupidity figured highly in this result. Mané's hand ball was idiotic. I think that he forgot that he was in the penalty area !!

We have taken 13 points out of 15 without Matip and Coutinho and supporters start having a go at Klopp. The word TYPICAL comes to mind  :help

Defensively we were excellent against Everton an City. And we were very good against Sunderland except for a moment of poor judgement by Klavan who has been extremely good as cover for Matip. You can hardly blame our defence for a stupid hand ball by Mané.

Do you watch the match through a stream on a mobile phone with a very small sceen? You're a wind up merchant lad. Support the team or fk off !!
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:23 pm

Probably not going to be a popular opinion, but when you play a striker who steadfastly refuses to press or close down the opposition then you lose something that's proved vital to our overall set up.

Klopp opted to start Sturridge over Origi, a decision partly justified by Dans deftly taken header, I say partly because the loss of Henderson meant that the forwards chosen to start the game had a duty to defend from the front, Sturridge may be a quality forward but his work rate would shame the bedridden !

I think if the game against the Mackem's brought home any truths it's we can all finally see in glorious technicolor   the reason Origi gets his boots on the pitch before Daniel, hopefully the game has also shown how pivotal Henderson is to our season.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby johnbarnes » Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:46 pm

devaney » Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:26 pm wrote:

POSTED THE FOLLOWING ON THE JK THREAD IN RESPONSE TO THOMMO WHICH COVERS SOME OF THE IDIOTIC POINTS THAT YOU MAKE:

To suggest that we were pitiful against City  and Sunderland is a ridiculous over reaction even by your standards Thommo  :laugh:  Against Sunderland we had 71% possession and 15 shots on goal as opposed to their 5.  A couple of stupid penalties were the key reason for the result. The first penalty was soft to say the least and the second penalty was the result of a questionable free kick that was not down to Lucas as you suggest. Very simple to criticise Klopp for not rotating the squad but. Really don't think that was the reason for dropping a couple of points. Bad luck and stupidity figured highly in this result. Mané's hand ball was idiotic. I think that he forgot that he was in the penalty area !!

We have taken 13 points out of 15 without Matip and Coutinho and supporters start having a go at Klopp. The word TYPICAL comes to mind  :help

Defensively we were excellent against Everton an City. And we were very good against Sunderland except for a moment of poor judgement by Klavan who has been extremely good as cover for Matip. You can hardly blame our defence for a stupid hand ball by Mané.

Do you watch the match through a stream on a mobile phone with a very small sceen? You're a wind up merchant lad. Support the team or fk off !!

Don't give 'em (week a$$ so called supports of LFC) the time of day Devaney!
Am sure you'll agree that Klopp has taken this team (with a few additions) way above our expectations this season - and for that matter last season too...
But many do not or just will not admit to this, under some delusional self-proclaimed prophecy of "We should be winning the league."
---
TOO many of our so called supporters are turning this club into a yoyo club.
One game we're up and the beezneez - the next game we're down, poor and $*i*e...
---
They are simply NOT WORTH a pi$$ in the wind.
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby Doeboy » Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:48 pm

Chelsea losing tonight has softened the blow of drawing on Monday a little. Also, whoever at the club decided against signing Dele Alli when we would have been ours for peanuts, needs sacking. Can't believe we squabbled over peanuts for a player who quite clearly had the talent and would have loved to sign for us
Doeboy

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games