Stoke V Liverpool - League Cup Semi Leg 1 Tue 5th Jan KO 8pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby lakes10 » Wed Jan 06, 2016 12:39 am

redshade » Tue Jan 05, 2016 11:25 pm wrote:
eds » Tue Jan 05, 2016 11:06 pm wrote:Klopp's record so far is 10 wins, 5 draws and 4 losses

With a very limited squad depleted of injuries.......

Yet there are some insane muppets on here still criticizing him  :help

Considering the injuries and squad we have it will be a good achievement if we reach the final and if we win would be awesome.

its a shame some didn't see that when Rodgers had the same problem at the start of the season and to think we was only 8 points off first when he was sacked. I think the way the players warm up is a big problem, not just at the game but also at the none match days.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Wed Jan 06, 2016 12:47 am

The reason we did well against these is because they tried to win in the right way, by playing football as it should be played, as opposed to the likes of West Ham, Watford etc. who rely on sitting back with 11 men behind the ball and try to catch us on the counter. Stoke tried to fight fire with fire and that's where their mistake was. They wanted to go straight at us which gave our players plenty of space and time on the ball. Our problem was never dealing with that sort of opponents, it's that other kind that play something that resembles rugby rather than football.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby eds » Wed Jan 06, 2016 1:09 am

damjan193 » Tue Jan 05, 2016 11:47 pm wrote:The reason we did well against these is because they tried to win in the right way, by playing football as it should be played, as opposed to the likes of West Ham, Watford etc. who rely on sitting back with 11 men behind the ball and try to catch us on the counter. Stoke tried to fight fire with fire and that's where their mistake was. They wanted to go straight at us which gave our players plenty of space and time on the ball. Our problem was never dealing with that sort of opponents, it's that other kind that play something that resembles rugby rather than football.

Agree mate.

You could also make the case that all the top sides this season have all struggled against counter attacking sides with athletic type behemoths up front like the Watfords and West Hams of this league.

That's why I'm not too concerned with the way we are travelling, Jurgen is figuring out that he needs to apply different approaches to the sides that fight tooth and nail to get points and are quiet one dimensional in the way they play. The key in these types of games is scoring early and forcing them to attack, which is why you see them have such mixed results with other sides. At the moment our striking squad consists of two 30m plus players that aren't good enough, our best striker that is too scared to play and two very young strikers who probably won't hit their straps for another 4-5 years. It's always going to be tough scoring (let alone score early) to beat these physical sides. The final piece of the jigsaw is buying a competent CB that can deal with any type of long ball merchandise thrown his way because none of our current CBs fill us with assurance when it comes to that dogmatic approach to the game.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby maguskwt » Wed Jan 06, 2016 3:25 am

Happy with the win. But very concerned with the number of hamstring injuries. Is it that the players cannot cope with Klopp's style?
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby algymoon » Wed Jan 06, 2016 12:21 pm

Liverpool displays and performances of this season is becoming like Jekyll and Hide character! it is hard to think that they are the same players but their display is totally indifferent!!.

I am still think that Firmino is the worse Liverpool by far, totally useless in every department.

The playes who stood out were: Can the man, Lucas, Lallana, Ibe, and the whole defence they were more compact, however the injuries in that department will prove costly in coming games against Arsenal!

A very good win regrdless the injuries we have picked up, it really worrying!!
algymoon

Postby devaney » Wed Jan 06, 2016 3:00 pm

Absolutely phenomenal performance !! Created a shed load of attempts and even managed to get a couple of shots on target. Allen's assist was legendary (or was it a shot). Ibe eventually scored after a dodgy first touch but credit to the lad for actually getting the ball in the back of the net! It was another 1-0 masterclass. Absolutely brilliant stuff. Easily the best game of the season by a mile. Forget the City 4-1 and Chelsea 3-1 away from home thrashings that we dished out, this game against Stoke was the stuff of dreams !! And with 3 more players succumbing to hamstring problems that puts us comfortably at the top of the injured players table as well !!

I find it fascinating that people are actually getting excited because the team actually did what they are paid to do and put in a decent shift. This is the same squad that played against West Brom, Sion, Newcastle,Watford  and West Ham and let's face it they were five of the worst performances you are likely to see for a while.  It is not simply a case that we are poor against certain teams because of the style of their football. It has more to do with determination and effort and at times this season we have been lacking desperately in these areas. Easy to shift all of the failings on to Rogers. Easy to simply blame the players. Easy to give Klopp all the credit for some reasonable stats.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby woof woof ! » Wed Jan 06, 2016 5:28 pm

devaney » Wed Jan 06, 2016 2:00 pm wrote:Absolutely phenomenal performance !! Created a shed load of attempts and even managed to get a couple of shots on target. , this game against Stoke was the stuff of dreams !!

I find it fascinating that people are actually getting excited because the team actually did what they are paid to do and put in a decent shift.

Easy to give Klopp all the credit for some reasonable stats

:laugh:   :laugh:   :laugh:

Not sure if you started with a bit of Sarcasm (the lowest form of wit) Dev or if you genuinely got carried away with a bit of praise for the team before remembering once again to tell us all we mustn't give the new manager any credit for anything   :laugh:

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby devaney » Wed Jan 06, 2016 6:45 pm

Woof you only have to look earlier in this thread to see that I congratulated JK for his tactics. All I am saying is if we play well he deserves praise and if we play badly he has to take a share of the flack. I'm just not getting carried away like some people.
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Wed Jan 06, 2016 7:00 pm

devaney » Wed Jan 06, 2016 5:45 pm wrote:Woof you only have to look earlier in this thread to see that I congratulated JK for his tactics. All I am saying is if we play well he deserves praise and if we play badly he has to take a share of the flack. I'm just not getting carried away like some people.

Go for it Dev you obstinate old sod ,let yourself go ,if you cant pick yourself up for what lies ahead ,I'll carry you mate  :D
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Wed Jan 06, 2016 9:05 pm

devaney » Wed Jan 06, 2016 5:45 pm wrote:Woof you only have to look earlier in this thread to see that I congratulated JK for his tactics. All I am saying is if we play well he deserves praise and if we play badly he has to take a share of the flack. I'm just not getting carried away like some people.

No probs Dev, there's a slot left vacant since Benny's ejection, I guess someone has to fill it    :D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby devaney » Thu Jan 07, 2016 1:21 am

Kinell Woof that hurt !!  :laugh:
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby maguskwt » Thu Jan 07, 2016 1:22 am

Spot on, agreed completely.
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Thu Jan 07, 2016 1:29 am

devaney » Thu Jan 07, 2016 12:21 am wrote:Kinell Woof that hurt !!  :laugh:

Just hope you are right RBG. There are absolutely no guarantees in the Premiership and Jurgen's task is a massive one. United spent £250m and they are struggling. As much as I hate to admit it LVG has a very impressive CV but he is finding life a lot tougher in the Premiership than he expected so much so that not one United fan I know has anything good to say about him.
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby eds » Thu Jan 07, 2016 3:40 am

We are still very perplexed on what exactly your beef with Klopp is?

Do you honestly expect that he should be doing better (results wise) than he is at the moment with our current squad and injuries?

Ironic that you harped on for about a year with this whole "whinge committee" bulls**t when it was clear as day that the fraudster had to go and you were "getting sick of everyone" pointing out the f**king obvious. Even more hilarious that you acknowledge Van Gaal, a well seasoned manager not doing well over at Manure yet you refused to concede that shiny teeth (who wouldn't even be fit enough to polish the Dutchman's shoes) had to go until the very end.  :laugh:

And yet here you are with Klopp not even being here for 5 minutes whinging and bitch**ing that he should be doing better without even having had a single transfer window to start to rectify things. :suspect:

If it wasn't so obvious that the love in you had for Buck Rodgers supersedes the fact we genuinely have a quality manager at the helm, we would all feel sorry for you.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby Reg » Thu Jan 07, 2016 5:50 am

This season is a CRAZY season from every perspective!  LFC, Chelsea, Ure, Citech stumbling like drunks, managers being fired and needing to be replaced at the end of the season (Citeh/Arsenal)... chaos!

But looking at LFC as separate components, we have great owners and a great manager. The missing price of the jigsaw is the squad.

As we have said before: we have no core quality, no stand out players: No Pepe Reina in goal, no Carra/Sami, no Masher/Gerrard/Alonso in midfield and no Torres/Suarez striker.

We have to rebuild the core and until then we'll suffer from inconsistency: win one week, lose the next. Injuries just exacerbates the problem further.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games