Stoke City v LIVERPOOL Sat 8th April 3.00 pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:20 am

RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:01 pm wrote:Take a bow Bobby, a goal straight out of the Luis Garcia back catalogue , a sweet strike to grace a drab game. I think the managers tactics were to stifle Stoke and to quell the threat of Arnautovic linking up successfully with the returning Shaquiri and in all fairness  the plan was working to the extent it flooded the midfield with Clyne and Milner pushed up to support Can and Wjinaldum, it was only when we were denied a blatant penalty and caught up the pitch still debating the decision that  Stoke managed to  mount their first real counter attack and opened us up.

I think if we had been awarded the penalty it would have been a completely different game and the managers game plan would have ran a lot smoother when he eventually threw our two Brilliant Brazilians into the equation, to be fair I thought Woodburn gave Stoke a real problem at the back because he was grafting on his own because Origi as a strike partner was absolutely woeful and shouldnt be starting games if he's not willing to put the effort in, Divock  still has a lot of work to do if he's citing Henry as a role model   ???

Three massive points and then WB away

:nod , Firmino's goal gave me an immediate flashback to Lil' Luis goal against Juventus, sensational  :buttrock

Origi was disappointing , I was really ***** when Woodburn stormed up the pitch , drew three defenders towards him and a now completely unmarked Origi instead of cutting in and offering himself for the easy pass elected to stay out fairly wide giving the young lad Woodburn  no support and virtually no chance of playing the ball through to him , criminal !

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Apr 09, 2017 11:11 am

It was crucial that we won though, if United and Arsenal win their games in hand they will join us on 63 points, if we would have lost or drawn yesterday they could have potentially over taken us, top 4 would have been out of our own hands and we would have been relying on other teams to do us a favour.
Arsenal are the one's to watch imo, they looked tailed off a couple of weeks ago but they are right back in it now, they are absolute masters at making late surges and squeaking into the top 4 at the last minute, last season they ended up finishing above Spurs with a late rally despite being behind them for 99% of the season.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby algymoon » Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:34 am

The Nutcase has ***** up once again and his start CB the flat foot Klavan once again at fault to give a goal away. It was only down to Mignolet to a miracle slim win, otherwise, we have lost badly. The reason he went for back 3 in order to accommodate his best CB Klavan! weird tactic

I just cannot see how this nutcase of a manager will do better next season if we are to be involved in CL, which it is still not certain.
He will play his best CB Klavan in every game, and I am more or less sure his team with new stars incoming players will not do jack Sh*t. The problem is down to the this manager, who has no clue, and he always select players to play out of their normal position, he had bought badly, and he has not resolved the defence problem at all, it is the same as it was under the idiot BR, and he never acquired a top finisher either.
algymoon

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:24 pm

To be fair if everyone was fit I'm sure the starting XI would have looked a lot different on Saturday.
Because of all the injuries etc we were down to the bare bones and there's not much the manager can do about that.
Of course the clubs decision not to strengthen the squad in 2 out of the last 3 windows is a factor in all this but as frustrating as it is I'd much prefer us to pick our transfer targets carefully than load the squad up again with bench fodder.
Look how hard it was to shift the likes of Borini, Aspas etc off the books. Some of those players were loaned out to about 4 clubs before we managed to move them on.
I'm 100% convinced that Jurgen will eventually build a great squad here but it's going to be a process and it's going to take a while.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games