Stoke City v Liverpool at the Britannia Stadium 15:00

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Fri May 22, 2015 6:50 pm

Well seen as nobody seems prepared or inspired enough to start a Match thread ....Here goes nothing.
Stoke City v Liverpool at the Britannia Stadium 15:00

Image Image

Stoke have arguably the most raucous fans ,and apparently a big bus that implies they have won something !

Image Image

Liverpool have a legend to say farewell to ,and a chance to justify why fans should part with their well earned tipping up at shitholes like Stoke .
Charlie Adam in a big shirt shouldn't scare us ,as he has more teeth than talent.

Cmon the red men, lets remember we're playing for the above  :buttrock  :buttrock
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Sat May 23, 2015 5:53 pm

Almost 24 hours after RB started the match thread not one fkg post has been added so I thought I'd be the first  :laugh:

Is this really the state that we are in? Plenty of whinging about the owners, Rogers and Sterling but a complete lack of interest in SG's last game. Bit of an indictment really. And a complete an utter shame  :(

Have a good one Stevie and thanks for all the incredible memories especially May 2005 !!!!
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Sat May 23, 2015 6:17 pm

The line up will be interesting let see if sterling is on the sheet. Hoping for SG to snap a goal and end his last game in style.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat May 23, 2015 6:18 pm

devaney » Sat May 23, 2015 4:53 pm wrote:Almost 24 hours after RB started the match thread not one fkg post has been added so I thought I'd be the first  :laugh:

Is this really the state that we are in? Plenty of whinging about the owners, Rogers and Sterling but a complete lack of interest in SG's last game. Bit of an indictment really. And a complete an utter shame  :(

Have a good one Stevie and thanks for all the incredible memories especially May 2005 !!!!

Cheers Dev and spot on ,it must be desperate if I felt the need to post my first match thread  in eleven years on the forum  .....timing eh  :D
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat May 23, 2015 6:24 pm

There's no getting away from the fact that this season has been a bit of a let down though mate.
I think those big losses against United and Arsenal, the semi final capitulation against Villa and even last weeks pitiful send off for Gerrard has drained the enthusiasm out of a lot of fans, I think there's now a feeling that people just want the season to be over.
It's amazing what a few months without footy does though. Come pre season everyone will be up for it again.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby damjan193 » Sat May 23, 2015 6:47 pm

We need a win and a clean sheet as well. If we lose we might end up 7th, below Spurs and the Saints. But since they have though fixtures themselves, we should just concentrate on not conceding and make sure we win Mingolet the glove.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat May 23, 2015 7:42 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat May 23, 2015 5:24 pm wrote:There's no getting away from the fact that this season has been a bit of a let down though mate.
I think those big losses against United and Arsenal, the semi final capitulation against Villa and even last weeks pitiful send off for Gerrard has drained the enthusiasm out of a lot of fans, I think there's now a feeling that people just want the season to be over.
It's amazing what a few months without footy does though. Come pre season everyone will be up for it again.

Sunday may also be the last time we see Lucas in a red shirt mate ,the last of the criminally underrated ,and undeniable Kop favourites. I mean wouldn't you feel
cheated if ( on his game )one of arguably the best DM's in the Premiership , turns in his last game ,and he fails to get the send off he merits.

As a Liverpool fan my appetite for the next game has never waned mate ,its a sad day when Reds fans admit to losing the 'fervour' that this beautiful game instils in us all.

I love this club with an unrequited passion ,I love waking up on match days ,I love driving to Anfield buzzing like a kid at Christmas ,I love meeting up with the lads
and arguing about football all day ....I love the next match ,because its the next match ,its never been less than that regardless of importance ,regardless of whether
Hodgson or Rodgers is manager ,because its about the club ,this great institution not about them fella ,and it never has been !
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Sat May 23, 2015 7:45 pm

With any luck stevies last game in a red shirt will be a memorable one for all the right reasons. It would be nice to see him get on the scoresheet as well   :buttrock
I'd play him in a forward role in place of the golden llama as this lot like a tackle and he will just go missing.

2.0  to us with gerrard and coutinho getting them  :nod
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby only me » Sun May 24, 2015 8:25 am

RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat May 23, 2015 6:42 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat May 23, 2015 5:24 pm wrote:There's no getting away from the fact that this season has been a bit of a let down though mate.

Sunday may also be the last time we see Lucas in a red shirt mate ,the last of the criminally underrated ,and undeniable Kop favourites. I mean wouldn't you feel
cheated if ( on his game )one of arguably the best DM's in the Premiership , turns in his last game ,and he fails to get the send off he merits.

As a Liverpool fan my appetite for the next game has never waned mate ,its a sad day when Reds fans admit to losing the 'fervour' that this beautiful game instils in us all.

I love this club with an unrequited passion ,I love waking up on match days ,I love driving to Anfield buzzing like a kid at Christmas ,I love meeting up with the lads
and arguing about football all day ....I love the next match ,because its the next match ,its never been less than that regardless of importance ,regardless of whether
Hodgson or Rodgers is manager ,because its about the club ,this great institution not about them fella ,and it never has been !

Other then the Lucas part ,which symbolizes the mediocrity and sub standard level tolerated by our fans this past years a very moving post.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby aCe' » Sun May 24, 2015 8:30 am

Personally, I want Gerrard to score, and I want a Sterling hatrick to up his value. I want to see this lineup

Mignolet

Johnson        Skrtel          Lovren          Moreno

Gerrard

Can              Lallana

Coutinho

Sterling         Lambert
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Eagle » Sun May 24, 2015 12:44 pm

Sterling has been left out of the squad apparently. Would be nice to see a bit of forward planning in this one. Would like to Can in midfield and Markovic given a run out in an attacking position on the left were he has looked best. Gerrard to come on as part of the front 3 and get the winner.

Mignolet

Manquillo     Skrtel     Sakho     Moreno

Can
             Coutinho         Henderson

Ibe               Markovic
                         Sinclair

Subs: Lambert, Lallana, Gerrard, Allen, Johnson, Lovren, Jones
Eagle

Postby C-R » Sun May 24, 2015 1:59 pm

Official team for our final match of the season and a farewell to our club's greatest ever player....

Mignolet, Can, Skrtel, Sakho, Moreno, Lucas, Allen, Henderson, Gerrard, Lallana, Coutinho

Subs... Ward, Toure, Lovren, Lambert, Sterling, Ibe, Markovic
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Sun May 24, 2015 2:05 pm

C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Sun May 24, 2015 2:37 pm

Let's play "find all the midfielders" and then "find the striker".

IMO that's a terrible line-up and I hope we don't see this kind Sh*t next season.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Sun May 24, 2015 3:28 pm

1-0 down to stoke in a must win game.... we really are a shower of kunts aren't we?
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - Games