Spurs vs LIVERPOOL - Sat 17th Oct 2015 KO 12.45pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby leeroy74 » Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:58 am

Here we go! Klopp has studied these match threads and personally contacted my people to make sure I did the first match thread under his reign, to give him the best possible chance of a winning start. So here we go...

I've no idea how we'll line up, no idea how we'll play, no idea what formation we'll go with and I've not got a clue what score to predict.

crack on...

leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Mon Oct 12, 2015 2:18 pm

Adrenalin 4 - Spurs 0.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Mon Oct 12, 2015 3:11 pm

If ever we needed a result it was this one.  Will be interesting to see who he plays and how he plays them.

COYR do it for the Kloppite !!!!!
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Doeboy » Mon Oct 12, 2015 3:48 pm

I see a score draw. We will have a buzz about us going into this gane but got to admit,  I like Pochettino as a manager and think his work is starting to show through at spurs. Entertaining 2-2
Doeboy

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Oct 12, 2015 4:22 pm

We mustn't get too carried away, yes it was a battling draw away at Goodison but let's face it we've been shyte for most of the season, prior to the derby we needed pens to get past Carlisle and couldn't beat Sion so we've got to be realistic.
Win, lose or draw I just hope we see a reaction from the players, I want to see lots of enthusiasm and lots of effort, what we don't want is all this positivity surrounding the club ruined by a half @rsed performance.
I just want to see the players give it everything.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Oct 12, 2015 5:40 pm

The world and his wife will be watching this game expecting to see signs of progress ,I however just want to see a complete contrast between our displays that have gone before in terms of effort .

I think for the first game under Klopp the players have to leave that field after 90 mins spent of energy ,nothing left to give ! I'm also glad his first game is not at Anfield  and he will hear our brilliant  away support first ! Lets leave him in no doubt that he chose the right club ,the right fans .The rest is down to the squad he opts for and the nucleus of players within that squad that Klopp believes he can make special.

These are the signs we the fans will look for ,and after this game Klopp will know who has the appetite and hunger to take his game to the next level.

After this game we  should be in little doubt which players will thrive under one of the football worlds 'best' and most passionate managers ,and likewise who wont !

Cant wait !!!!
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Oct 12, 2015 5:53 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Oct 12, 2015 4:40 pm wrote:The world and his wife will be watching this game expecting to see signs of progress ,I however just want to see a complete contrast between our displays that have gone before in terms of effort .

I think for the first game under Klopp the players have to leave that field after 90 mins spent of energy ,nothing left to give ! I'm also glad his first game is not at Anfield  and he will hear our brilliant  away support first ! Lets leave him in no doubt that he chose the right club ,the right fans .The rest is down to the squad he opts for and the nucleus of players within that squad that Klopp believes he can make special.

These are the signs we the fans will look for ,and after this game Klopp will know who has the appetite and hunger to take his game to the next level.

After this game we  should be in little doubt which players will thrive under one of the football worlds 'best' and most passionate managers ,and likewise who wont !

Cant wait !!!!

Yeah that's what I'm hoping for too, WHL is a tough place to go and I just hope everyone doesn't get too down if the result doesn't go our way. Klopp will only have had a few days with the squad so I just hope people aren't expecting miracles.
As you say I just want to see every player giving it his all and the away fans singing all game, if that happens whatever the result is we will have something to build upon.
I guess what I am basically trying to say is that as Jurgen said we have got to start believing and that belief shouldn't dissipate after one poor result. Players and fans need to start having a rock solid faith that we will get back to the top again.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Oct 12, 2015 7:08 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Oct 12, 2015 4:53 pm wrote:
RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Oct 12, 2015 4:40 pm wrote:The world and his wife will be watching this game expecting to see signs of progress ,I however just want to see a complete contrast between our displays that have gone before in terms of effort .

Cant wait !!!!

Yeah that's what I'm hoping for too, WHL is a tough place to go and I just hope everyone doesn't get too down if the result doesn't go our way. Klopp will only have had a few days with the squad so I just hope people aren't expecting miracles.
As you say I just want to see every player giving it his all and the away fans singing all game, if that happens whatever the result is we will have something to build upon.
I guess what I am basically trying to say is that as Jurgen said we have got to start believing and that belief shouldn't dissipate after one poor result. Players and fans need to start having a rock solid faith that we will get back to the top again.

The first few games under Klopp will be used to 'so to speak'  test the fence ,to see which players show game intelligence ,which players show no fear of inspiring ,and which of them has the stones to act under their own volition.

Klopp is an intelligent manager he will know how to pick up points at the Lane  if (and its a massive if ) he has all the players following his game plan to the letter. I mean usually mate when a new manager comes in the players are desperate to justify their place in the team ,and the fact this manager just happens to be one of the most promising managers in the game just might see some impressive individual performances ,but Klopp will place more emphasis on the team playing as a unit .
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Mon Oct 12, 2015 7:34 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Oct 12, 2015 7:08 pm wrote:
The first few games under Klopp will be used to 'so to speak'  test the fence ,to see which players show game intelligence ,which players show no fear of inspiring ,and which of them has the stones to act under their own volition.

Klopp is an intelligent manager he will know how to pick up points at the Lane  if (and its a massive if ) he has all the players following his game plan to the letter.

oh bugger. sorry rbg but you've caught me tired and in pedantic mood, mate. you say in the first paragraph that klopp will be interested to see 'which of them has the stones to act under their own volition.' but then you go on to say it'll be best if 'he has all the players following his game plan to the letter.'

it can't be both.

pedantry over and out.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:35 pm

If it was BR we would've lost this one for sure.
I just want to see a good positive performance. Jk said dont expect a mass change like its the new liverpool but expect some glimpses of change vs spurs. Thats what i feel will see.

1-1
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby damjan193 » Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:59 pm

I've no idea what to expect from this game whatsoever. Only thing I know is that I can't wait for it!
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby aCe' » Tue Oct 13, 2015 3:16 am

Any news on injuries ?
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Tue Oct 13, 2015 6:42 am

andy_g » Mon Oct 12, 2015 6:34 pm wrote:
RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Oct 12, 2015 7:08 pm wrote:

Klopp is an intelligent manager he will know how to pick up points at the Lane  if (and its a massive if ) he has all the players following his game plan to the letter.

oh bugger. sorry rbg but you've caught me tired and in pedantic mood, mate. you say in the first paragraph that klopp will be interested to see 'which of them has the stones to act under their own volition.' but then you go on to say it'll be best if 'he has all the players following his game plan to the letter.'

it can't be both.

pedantry over and out.

Pardon me Andrew ,but I think I went on to justify why I corrupted the first paragraph here :

I mean usually mate when a new manager comes in the players are desperate to justify their place in the team ,and the fact this manager just happens to be one of the most promising managers in the game just might see some impressive individual performances ,but Klopp will place more emphasis on the team playing as a unit .

Don't apologise  Andy ,we all get tired and overly  pedantic . I myself am weary as I type this brief retort to your somewhat off the cuff chiding ,notice the distinct lack of a smiley.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:55 am

RED BEERGOGGLES » Tue Oct 13, 2015 6:42 am wrote:notice the distinct lack of a smiley.

have one on me  :D

andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Tue Oct 13, 2015 11:33 am

RED BEERGOGGLES » Tue Oct 13, 2015 6:42 am wrote: why I corrupted the first paragraph here :

and you meant 'corroborated' right...?    :oops:  :;):

andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - Games