Spurs V Liverpool - EPL - Saturday 27th August 12.30pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby aCe' » Sat Aug 27, 2016 9:28 pm

This was our best showing this season. Dont get me wrong, we still have the same problems we've had in games 1 & 2 but we've done a better job trying to work around them. We deserved the 3 points on the day and probably should have introduced Sturridge as soon as they equalized but a point away to Spurs is a decent  all things considered.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Mon Aug 29, 2016 5:52 pm

Ffs Ace  exactly what were you watching? I'm amazed you actually thought that was a better performance than the result we achieved against Arsenal.   If Coutinho  didn't need about 30 shots to score a goal then we could've been in far better shape at half time!   I can understand people saying that they are satisfied with getting a point but let's face it we really should have taken all the points!
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Aug 29, 2016 8:41 pm

devaney » Mon Aug 29, 2016 4:52 pm wrote:Ffs Ace  exactly what were you watching? I'm amazed you actually thought that was a better performance than the result we achieved against Arsenal.   If Coutinho  didn't need about 30 shots to score a goal then we could've been in far better shape at half time!   I can understand people saying that they are satisfied with getting a point but let's face it we really should have taken all the points!

I actually agree with Ace mate, he wasn't saying he thought the result was better he was saying he thought the all round performance was better (which imo it was). Let's face against Arsenal apart from an incredible 20 minute spell in the second half we weren't actually that impressive, we'd barely mustered a shot on goal until Coutinho's free kick (which was on the stroke of half time) and the last 20 was pretty nervy too.
Against Spurs however we were clearly the better side for the majority of the game, but for bad finishing and some poor decisions by the officials the score line would have better reflected just how dominant we were.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby kazza » Tue Aug 30, 2016 6:11 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:41 pm wrote:
devaney » Mon Aug 29, 2016 4:52 pm wrote:Ffs Ace  exactly what were you watching? I'm amazed you actually thought that was a better performance than the result we achieved against Arsenal.   If Coutinho  didn't need about 30 shots to score a goal then we could've been in far better shape at half time!   I can understand people saying that they are satisfied with getting a point but let's face it we really should have taken all the points!

I actually agree with Ace mate, he wasn't saying he thought the result was better he was saying he thought the all round performance was better (which imo it was). Let's face against Arsenal apart from an incredible 20 minute spell in the second half we weren't actually that impressive, we'd barely mustered a shot on goal until Coutinho's free kick (which was on the stroke of half time) and the last 20 was pretty nervy too.
Against Spurs however we were clearly the better side for the majority of the game, but for bad finishing and some poor decisions by the officials the score line would have better reflected just how dominant we were.

Agree with this
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Tue Aug 30, 2016 8:17 am

Come on lads I know exactly what Ace was saying and I totally disagree. I will always take 20 minutes of outstanding brilliance that wins you a game compared to a satisfactory performance that gets you a point. Our stats in the second half against Spurs were poor. In reality once again we let a game slip away that we should have won.
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby aCe' » Tue Aug 30, 2016 11:30 am

devaney » Tue Aug 30, 2016 11:17 am wrote:Come on lads I know exactly what Ace was saying and I totally disagree. I will always take 20 minutes of outstanding brilliance that wins you a game compared to a satisfactory performance that gets you a point. Our stats in the second half against Spurs were poor. In reality once again we let a game slip away that we should have won.

I see where you're coming from but the way I see things, I have serious reservations about the playing staff and the tactics of the manager. At the moment, I'm more interested in seeing how we perform on the pitch than I am in results. Our midfield trio for me is a shambles. Our left back situation is a big question mark. You never know what you'll get from the CBs and seeing what Matip offers was interesting. Further up, Sturridge on the bench for me is similar to Tottenham deciding to bench Kane and play Alli or Son as a forward instead.

For us to go to Spurs and put in a dominant display despite these issues was pleasing. The result wasnt ideal and the display wasnt perfect but if we can build on that performance it would hold us in better stead than building on the performance against Arsenal or Burnley.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Tue Aug 30, 2016 5:43 pm

Ace I don't think our second half performance was dominating.  The stats certainly don't suggest that. Perhaps I missed something. Klopp  is very obviously a disciplinarian and obviously likes to show who is boss. Let's face it he has to do something to warrant a salary of £7.5 million a year!  I certainly agree that the way Sturridge is being treated does not help the club.  Bringing him on in the 87th minute only makes Klopp look somewhat stupid and a little desperate. I find it so annoying that we are sitting on four points when it could and should be nine.
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Previous