Roma v LIVERPOOL (CL) Wed 2nd May 7.45pm KO

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby woof woof ! » Thu May 03, 2018 2:21 pm

Honestly ?

I thought we were well below par bordering on ***** !

The front three in particular were at their most frustrating ! Ok Mane did step up and deserves praise BUT Firmino and Salah where miles away from their usual performances.

Sloppy final passes and poor decision making from our front three cost us a game we could and should have won.

Firmino trying more than once to shoot through a wall of three defenders and Salah showing virtually none of the threat/skill demonstrated in the first leg was a massive disappointment.

I'm not out to bash our strike force, everyone has a bad day at the office and for the work they've put in this season I guess they're entitled to one, but this wasn't the time for it.

Maybe as others have mentioned we're "running out of gas" , certainly our aggressive press and sharpness was markedly absent last night.

Ultimately IMO we rode our luck a bit last night at that's when with a 3 goal (later 4) luck shouldn't have even been a factor.

The worrying thing is that eventually luck runs out !  :(

I believe we can beat Madrid BUT we're going need a rested and mentally/physically "Up for it"  squad on their A game for the final hurdle in Kiev.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Thu May 03, 2018 2:22 pm

Just 16,000 tickets allocated to us out of 70,000 for the final, has caused a storm.:(

We normally manage to source a load more via other sources though, and I'm sure a sea of red will prevail in Kiev once more.

Looks like the "corporates" and Uefa bigwigs will get their day out.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby maguskwt » Thu May 03, 2018 2:47 pm

from BBC:

With the 70,050 capacity of the Olympic Stadium reduced to 63,000 for the match, the 33,252 tickets given to the finalists, plus 6,700 available to worldwide supporters, will make up 63% of the attendance.

The rest will consist of hospitality members, rights holders, commercial partners, officials, players past and present and media.

Seriously? 23,000 tickets for "hospitality members, rights holders, commercial partners, officials, players past and present and media"??? This game has become too commercialized...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby supersub » Thu May 03, 2018 3:09 pm

the majority of those 23,000 tickets for the uefa parasites have already been snapped up by the "we will get you in at a massive cost" websites....category 1 ticket block 35 in line with 18yard box including £1200 booking fee will set you back £6600...I'm sure Sepp Blatter will tip his cap at the UEFA slime maggots for there continued hard work at removing football from the masses and rewarding the elite.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu May 03, 2018 3:11 pm

tubby » Thu May 03, 2018 11:46 am wrote:Hello everyone. Good to see some old faces still active here.

:buttrock
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby tubby » Thu May 03, 2018 3:12 pm

supersub » Thu May 03, 2018 2:09 pm wrote:the majority of those 23,000 tickets for the uefa parasites have already been snapped up by the "we will get you in at a massive cost" websites....category 1 ticket block 35 in line with 18yard box including £1200 booking fee will set you back £6600...I'm sure Sepp Blatter will tip his cap at the UEFA slime maggots for there continued hard work at removing football from the masses and rewarding the elite.

Unbelievable how much they are going for. I had a quick look this morning on Viagogo (which btw is now blocked in the UK, but I was using a VPN) and they were going for ~£1300.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu May 03, 2018 3:23 pm

woof woof ! » Thu May 03, 2018 1:21 pm wrote:Honestly ?

I thought we were well below par bordering on ***** !

The front three in particular were at their most frustrating ! Ok Mane did step up and deserves praise BUT Firmino and Salah where miles away from their usual performances.

Sloppy final passes and poor decision making from our front three cost us a game we could and should have won.

Firmino trying more than once to shoot through a wall of three defenders and Salah showing virtually none of the threat/skill demonstrated in the first leg was a massive disappointment.

I'm not out to bash our strike force, everyone has a bad day at the office and for the work they've put in this season I guess they're entitled to one, but this wasn't the time for it.

Maybe as others have mentioned we're "running out of gas" , certainly our aggressive press and sharpness was markedly absent last night.

Ultimately IMO we rode our luck a bit last night at that's when with a 3 goal (later 4) luck shouldn't have even been a factor.

The worrying thing is that eventually luck runs out !  :(

I believe we can beat Madrid BUT we're going need a rested and mentally/physically "Up for it"  squad on their A game for the final hurdle in Kiev.

Yep, agree 100%, last night was probably the biggest game any of our players had ever played in so they were obviously trying their hardest but when they went to the well nothing was there.
Our players have been gegenpressing their guts out now for 9 solid months in the quickest and most physical league on the planet. They clearly need an extended break.
IMO the final will be decided by what version of LFC turns up in Kiev, if it's the high intensity gegenpressing LFC that the likes of Arsenal and Man City ran into earlier in the season I think we will overrun Madrid, if it's the tired Liverpool that we saw last night we will get mullered. When we are tired and our intensity drops we ship goals like there's no tomorrow.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby supersub » Thu May 03, 2018 3:25 pm

The supporters are only allocated approximately 9500 tickets out of the 16000 given to the club...the other 6500 are for players officials and former shareholders of LFC
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu May 03, 2018 3:30 pm

supersub » Thu May 03, 2018 2:25 pm wrote:The supporters are only allocated approximately 9500 tickets out of the 16000 given to the club...the other 6500 are for players officials and former shareholders of LFC

6,500 for players, shareholders and club officials? Got to be a mistake that surely?
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Reg » Thu May 03, 2018 3:40 pm

And once season ticket holders have their tickets there are 3 tickets left for Joe Public.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu May 03, 2018 3:42 pm

Champions league final ,and a few hearts had to be jogged back to life with the final whistle but fuck it we're through ,no one gave us a chance ,not pundits ,not the media and even some fans but the reds are a special outfit when it comes to this competition and I echo the big Dutchman's comments when asked if the reds were lucky to go through based on contentious decisions "WHO CARES" :laugh:

https://www.rte.ie/player/gb/show/uefa-champions-league-extras-30004566/10873787/

On to Kiev :buttrock  :buttrock  :buttrock  :buttrock
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Franky000 » Thu May 03, 2018 4:03 pm

I don’t get some people getting worked up over our performance... the fact is we were the better team over the two legs. If geggenpressing their Bollox off was necessary we would have gone for it, but it wasn’t - instead we did just enough with the minimal amount of effort required. Comitting everything early on would have played into their hands - instead we found just the right balance between defence and attack, keeping them at arms length until the 90th when it was too late for them. 2 of their goals were lucky anyhow, a draw would have been a fairer result.
Franky000

Postby tubby » Thu May 03, 2018 4:22 pm

Madrid are a good side, capable of beating anyone even on a bad day. But when you look at how many goals this Liverpool side have scored this season that gives me much cause for optimism.

Not wanting to compare sides, but this Liverpool side is a bit more mature and well oiled in it's operation compared to the side which beat Milan in Istanbul. And we beat another fantastic side that day so imo we are more than capable of turning Madrid over.

All depends on how we perform on the night. We've generally done well in the big games this season so fingers crossed we don't choke like we did in Basel.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Thu May 03, 2018 4:44 pm

Franky000 » Thu May 03, 2018 4:03 pm wrote:I don’t get some people getting worked up over our performance... the fact is we were the better team over the two legs. If geggenpressing their Bollox off was necessary we would have gone for it, but it wasn’t - instead we did just enough with the minimal amount of effort required. Comitting everything early on would have played into their hands - instead we found just the right balance between defence and attack, keeping them at arms length until the 90th when it was too late for them. 2 of their goals were lucky anyhow, a draw would have been a fairer result.

I agree.

From the whole tie you can easily scratch off 3 goals. The own goal was unfortunate and 2 dubious penalties.

A draw was fair result if how the 2nd leg went.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu May 03, 2018 5:44 pm

Franky000 » Thu May 03, 2018 3:03 pm wrote:I don’t get some people getting worked up over our performance... the fact is we were the better team over the two legs. If geggenpressing their Bollox off was necessary we would have gone for it, but it wasn’t - instead we did just enough with the minimal amount of effort required. Comitting everything early on would have played into their hands - instead we found just the right balance between defence and attack, keeping them at arms length until the 90th when it was too late for them. 2 of their goals were lucky anyhow, a draw would have been a fairer result.

Oh come on Frank we could have easily gone out there, Dzeko was well onside when Karius took him out and the best save of the night was Trent's when he parried that shot over the bar, if they would have got within 1 goal of us with 10 minutes to go I wouldn't have fancied our chances of holding on.
You can try and put a positive spin on it as much as you want but the truth is we are starting to ship goals again, that's 8 now in our last 4 games, 6 of them in the last 10 minutes of games.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games