Real Madrid vs LIVERPOOL - Tues 4 Nov 2014 - KO19:45

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby red till i die!! » Wed Nov 05, 2014 1:39 pm

it absolutely killed me watching us field a capital one cup side in the bernabeu  :(  i can understand why he did it but its not something a liverpool manager should do. full credit to the lads that did play as they did well to keep a low scoreline even if that was the only thing they were sent out to do. they defended well in numbers and frustrated madrid no end but never in a million years looked like getting anything from that game. we created absolutely nothing  :no

rodgers can pat himself on the back and hail it as a masterstroke all he wants but truth is that we got lucky the scoreline stayed so low.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby RedAnt » Wed Nov 05, 2014 4:06 pm

red till i die!! » Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:39 pm wrote:it absolutely killed me watching us field a capital one cup side in the bernabeu  :(  i can understand why he did it but its not something a liverpool manager should do. full credit to the lads that did play as they did well to keep a low scoreline even if that was the only thing they were sent out to do. they defended well in numbers and frustrated madrid no end but never in a million years looked like getting anything from that game. we created absolutely nothing  :no

rodgers can pat himself on the back and hail it as a masterstroke all he wants but truth is that we got lucky the scoreline stayed so low.

When the manager of Liverpool FC hails a 1-0 defeat as a managerial master stroke, even against the worlds best team, then he is clearly clutching at straws. The managerial master stroke is in lowering expectations to the point that a 1-0 defeat is considered a managerial master stroke, heh.
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby only me » Wed Nov 05, 2014 4:19 pm

red till i die!! » Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:39 pm wrote:it absolutely killed me watching us field a capital one cup side in the bernabeu  :(  i can understand why he did it but its not something a liverpool manager should do. full credit to the lads that did play as they did well to keep a low scoreline even if that was the only thing they were sent out to do. they defended well in numbers and frustrated madrid no end but never in a million years looked like getting anything from that game. we created absolutely nothing  :no

BR is exercising damage control ,meaning it wouldn't have mattered who he played result would be the same. The team is in an identity crisis and our manager has ,apparently, no idea how to resolve it. Our top 11 can't create anything against Newcastle so to expect them to do something against RM is always to be an illusion. I'm not defending him as he is the one responsible for our situation but i can understand. Maybe from Chelsea we can get something.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Nov 05, 2014 6:00 pm

RedAnt » Wed Nov 05, 2014 3:06 pm wrote:

When the manager of Liverpool FC hails a 1-0 defeat as a managerial master stroke, even against the worlds best team, then he is clearly clutching at straws. The managerial master stroke is in lowering expectations to the point that a 1-0 defeat is considered a managerial master stroke, heh.

Our so called best XI got humiliated at home by that Madrid team two weeks ago so I can see why Brendan would be pleased at how well our second string performed, don't forget this Madrid team steamrollered a Barcelona side containing the likes of Messi, Suarez, Neymar, Xavi, Iniesta and Mascherano last weekend and last night was the first time that they'd scored less than two goals in a game in months. In fact every other side apart from us and Barca who have visited the Bernabeu this season have conceded at least 5 goals (including Basel).
It's easy to be sniffy about last night because at the end of the day we did lose but they are a top, top side who are absolutely flying at the moment and they are on a different planet to sides like Villa, West Ham, Newcastle and even City who wiped the floor with our so called best XI.
That was a very good performance last night that deserves credit.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby RedAnt » Wed Nov 05, 2014 6:33 pm

It does deserve credit, but also needs perspective. As you mentioned, it was a defeat. We really are in the mire if we use a defeat as a means to lift spirits. If it's a turning point, all well and good. But I suspect it was an almost desperate attempt of BR to show he's doing something. Had we won then we'd have called it a masterstroke.
Not to take anything away from our defeat... :D ...but RM also hit the bar, had a lot of shots on goal and dominated possession. Mignolet made fine saves but RM scythed us open almost at will.
My feeling is that it was a brave performance from the players who had been hurled into this match and little to do with BR's magic.
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Wed Nov 05, 2014 6:39 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Nov 05, 2014 5:00 pm wrote:

Our so called best XI got humiliated at home by that Madrid team two weeks ago so I can see why Brendan would be pleased at how well our second string performed, don't forget this Madrid team steamrollered a Barcelona side containing the likes of Messi, Suarez, Neymar, Xavi, Iniesta and Mascherano last weekend and last night was the first time that they'd scored less than two goals in a game in months. In fact every other side apart from us and Barca who have visited the Bernabeu this season have conceded at least 5 goals (including Basel).
It's easy to be sniffy about last night because at the end of the day we did lose but they are a top, top side who are absolutely flying at the moment and they are on a different planet to sides like Villa, West Ham, Newcastle and even City who wiped the floor with our so called best XI.

Spot on Yakka
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Wed Nov 05, 2014 7:28 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Nov 05, 2014 6:00 pm wrote:

madrid are on a completely different level to us yakka no one is saying they are not a world class side who haven't been in great form scoring at will. so what if they steamrolled barca or put several past other opponents. i watched that game and i can tell you barca were not camped in their own third with their backs to the wall like us.

had we of played that side and those negative tactics in anfield we wouldnt have lost 3.0. in fact if our best 11 employed those tactics who is to say they wouldnt have gone on and beat them either ?.
that side he put out there last night was always up against it, they only game plan they had is to stop them scoring and hadnt a clue what to do when they crossed the half way line because no one was supporting. if we had of scored last night then it would have to of taking a player to run 100 odd yards and finish and we didnt have anyone on the pitch capable of that. he threw that game before the whistle with that team selection and just got lucky that they never found the time to compose themselves in
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Wed Nov 05, 2014 7:47 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Nov 05, 2014 6:00 pm wrote:

madrid are on a completely different level to us yakka, no one is saying they are not a world class side who haven't been in great form scoring at will. so what if they steamrolled barca or put several past other opponents. i watched that game and i can tell you barca were not camped in their own third with their backs to the wall like us.

had we of played that side and those negative tactics in anfield we wouldnt have lost 3.0. in fact if our best 11 employed those tactics who is to say they wouldnt have gone on and beat them either ?.
that side he put out there last night was always up against it, they only game plan they had is to stop them scoring and hadnt a clue what to do when they crossed the half way line because no one was supporting. if we had of scored last night then it would have to of taking a player to run 100 odd yards and finish on his own and we didnt have anyone on the pitch capable of that. he threw that game before the whistle with that team selection and just got lucky that they never found the time to compose themselves in front of goal due to the numbers we had there.

we got what we played for and that was a narrow defeat. we enter these competitions to compete against europe's best not just to compete against the lesser sides.
we might be a lesser side but that is the one he built and because of it we throw games in europe  :veryangry
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Nov 06, 2014 9:38 am

With all due respect mate I'm not sure what you are trying to say, are you complaining that we didn't try to take Madrid on toe to toe? If you are complaining about that then I'd have to disagree with you, I don't think that adopting a slightly more conservative approach is necessarily a bad thing in fact I actually think it's a good thing!
If Brendan would have been prepared to adapt his tactics to suit the opposition last year we'd probably be sitting here as reigning premiership champions now.
You also seem to be of the opinion that if the likes of Gerrard and Sterling would have been on from the start then we would have got something out of the game, I admire your confidence but tbh I've seen nothing this season from our regular starters to warrant such confidence, certainly not against a team as good as Madrid at the Bernabeu.
Putting on a performance against the likes of West Ham at Upton park and Newcastle at St. James park is beyond our regular starters at the moment, never mind Real.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby C-R » Fri Nov 07, 2014 12:17 pm

Fabian Delph has told Aston Villa he has no plans to sign a new contract and is set to leave the club in the summer, in another shattering blow for the manager, Paul Lambert.

Delph appears poised for the Villa exit on a free transfer at the end of the season, in a move which is likely to spark interest from Merseyside rivals Liverpool and Everton, plus Tottenham Hotspur.

The England international has been offered an incentivised four-year deal worth around £50,000 a week by chairman Randy Lerner, as the club attempt to keep him in the West Midlands beyond this current campaign.

But Delph has given the clearest indication yet that he is keen to pursue a new challenge next season by informing Lambert, the manager, that he wants to keep his options open.

The 24-year-old midfielder's current deal expires in June and Villa believe they are facing a losing battle to persuade Delph to sign another long-term contract.

Telegraph Sport understands Delph is prepared to see out the season with Lambert's team, and he will be one of the most sought-after free agents of the summer after recently breaking into Roy Hodgson's squad.

He made his senior international debut in the friendly against Norway in September and then produced a disciplined display in the Euro 2016 qualifier against Switzerland, playing the whole 90 minutes despite an early booking.

Signed for around £6 million from Leeds in 2009, Delph suffered two serious knee injuries early in his spell at Villa, but has since emerged as one of the club's key players.

During the pre-season tour of America he told Villa supporters he owed the club for their unwavering loyalty during his injuries. However, three successive relegation battles - with a possible fourth this season - and his elevation to the England squad have convinced him that he will have to take the difficult decision of leaving Villa Park to advance his career.

Delph is unlikely to play for Villa until late December in any case as he is sidelined with a dislocated shoulder.

Source: Daily Telegraph
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Fri Nov 07, 2014 12:18 pm

Manchester City are considering selling star midfielder Yaya Toure.Toure was sent off during City's calamitous 2-1 defeat to CSKA Moscow on Wednesday, leaving their chances of qualification for the Champions League knockout rounds in tatters.

The Ivory Coast powerhouse was one of two players given their marching orders at the Etihad, Toure for a petulant slap 10 minutes after Fernandinho's second yellow card.

The display caps a poor start to the season for the 31-year-old, who agitated for a move to Paris Saint-Germain last summer before performing a U-turn and committing himself to City.

However, according to reports, City are now preparing to offload Toure.

The Times claim Etihad officials are ready to cut their losses with the former Barcelona man next summer when his £210,000-a-week contract will enter its final two years.

Barca and PSG are likely to be informed about Toure's availability, while there could be interest from the Premier League.

Liverpool, Chelsea, Manchester United and Arsenal have all previously been linked with the man who cost City £24million in 2010 and could join the race for his services.

Financial Fair Play (FFP) regulations mean City cannot splash the cash like they did once and now have to balance the books with sales.

Source: Daily Express
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Liverpool and Arsenal have been told that they will need to pay Alan Dzagoev's £16m release clause if they want to bring the midfielder to England.

The 24-year-old has just signed a new deal at CSKA Moscow that will see him earn £30,000-a-week until 2019.

But the Russian club have not ruled out a sale if their asking price is met, given their current financial problems.

A source told Izvestia: "Dzagoev is an important player for CSKA but lately the team is experiencing some financial problems.

"In this regard, you can't rule out the option of selling the player to one of the leading clubs.

"When they were talking about offering Dzagoev a new contract, they talked about the possibility of selling the midfielder to a club in one of the leading European championships but the parties failed to reach a compromise."

The club are ready to release the player but only if a potential buyer pays €20m (£16m).

"This clause does not apply to teams in the Russian Premier League."

The player himself has never disguised his desire to leave Russia and test himself abroad.

He said: "I would like to test my capabilities at one of the leading clubs in the 'big five' leagues.

"There are clauses in the new contract that give me a better chance of making the move to Europe."

It now remains to be seen whether Liverpool step up their interest in Dzagoev in January as they seek to revive their flagging fortunes in the Premier League or whether the Gunners can beat them to the punch.

Source: Daily Express
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Liverpool are pushing to sign Real Madrid sensation Isco in January after making him a 'priority' signing for the new year.

Isco was a target for the Reds before his switch to Madrid in 2013, with Brendan Rodgers known to be a long-term admirer.

And now reports in Spain say Liverpool are plotting a move for the 22-year-old when the transfer window re-opens, having made him a key target.

Manchester City also want Isco, and while Madrid don't want to sell, it's claimed they could be tempted with an offer in the region of £31.2million.

Source: Metro
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC1990 » Fri Nov 07, 2014 12:55 pm

There is thread derailment and then there is this CR

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby damjan193 » Fri Nov 07, 2014 4:48 pm

:laugh:
damjan193
LFC Super Member