Newcastle V Liverpool - EPL - Sunday 6th December - KO: 4pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby C-R » Fri Dec 04, 2015 6:52 am

Well just like every other game lately this one is a huge one for us, it's away from home (obviously) where we seem to be doing most damage

If we can get amongst them early and get an early goal then we could really push on and add to their misery

Coutinho should be back for this one, no other injury issues that i am aware of apart from Jon Flanagan

Emre Can is suspended (a tactical yellow card against Southampton in my opinion) so competition in the centre of the park is huge, Joe Allen has been immense the past 2 games, same with Lucas and of course Henderson is there or there about to start this match (he will want to play in this being a Sunderland lad)

Massive competition up front with everyone fit and everyone playing well... Sturridge, Benteke, Origi, Firmino
Last edited by C-R on Fri Dec 04, 2015 12:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Fri Dec 04, 2015 8:31 am

Line up will be interesting..

I think it will be

Mignolet

Clyne skertel Lovren moreno

Lucas Allen(milner)

Firminho coutinho lallana

Sturridge

Im sure benteke will feature.
Not 100% sure that JK will play Coutinho so maybe will see Benteke upfront with Studge.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Reg » Fri Dec 04, 2015 10:07 am

The only certain thing about this game is it won't be 0-0.

It's more likely to be 4-3 than 0-0.

Reds to batter the barcodes 4-1 !!  :laugh:
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Dec 04, 2015 12:31 pm

November?  :p  :D 
Huge game this, one thing we have got to watch out for here is complacency because looking at Newcastle's recent form it would be easy for the players to think that this game is a forgone conclusion and mentally take their foot off the pedal.
As we all know though over the last 25 years what has let us down hasnt so much been our record against the other top sides but our innate ability to haemorrhage points against teams that we were expected to beat.
After beating Southampton 6-1 blowing 2 or 3 points on Sunday would be just typical of the Liverpool of recent years, hopefully Jurgen can instil a new mental toughness into us so we don't see a repeat of our pathetic performance at St James last season.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby C-R » Fri Dec 04, 2015 1:02 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Dec 04, 2015 12:31 pm wrote:November?  :p  :D 
Huge game this, one thing we have got to watch out for here is complacency because looking at Newcastle's recent form it would be easy for the players to think that this game is a forgone conclusion and mentally take their foot off the pedal.
As we all know though over the last 25 years what has let us down hasnt so much been our record against the other top sides but our innate ability to haemorrhage points against teams that we were expected to beat.
After beating Southampton 6-1 blowing 2 or 3 points on Sunday would be just typical of the Liverpool of recent years, hopefully Jurgen can instil a new mental toughness into us so we don't see a repeat of our pathetic performance at St James last season.

Haha  :laugh:  at least somebody is awake lol

This is my major concern too, about the weaker teams who raise their game against us, like you said hopefully Klopp has installed a new mindset in the players, the pure competition for places coupled with our momentum and high confidence should see us through

A heavy defeat for bar codes could see Mclaren get the chop too  :Oo:
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Fri Dec 04, 2015 1:34 pm

I can see Henderson starting this one, along with Sturridge, although doubt either would be able to complete 90 mins.

I'm going for 4-1 to the mighty 'pool  :buttrock
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Fri Dec 04, 2015 3:57 pm

Considering we're playing away, we should have no problems.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby C-R » Fri Dec 04, 2015 4:57 pm

Klopp said in his pre match conference that Coutinho is likely to miss the match
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Fri Dec 04, 2015 8:53 pm

Lad must not be 100% fit yet i guess he will feature vs Sion.
Must win this to keep the momentum flowing.
Our away form is good but we shouldn't take this game easy. Common lads lets keep this going.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby devaney » Fri Dec 04, 2015 9:58 pm

I predict another bad day for the WHINGE COMMITEE !! (They actually seem to have disappeared?) Once again they'll have nothing to moan about when we thrash Newcastle  :laugh:

Kool Aid prediction: 7-0  to the REDS !!

COYR lose this and I'm in trouble !!!!!  :D
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Dec 05, 2015 3:56 pm

City have just been battered by Stoke, the game ended 2-0 but it should have really been 6 or 7 (Shaquiri and Bojan were excellent).
Well we know now that if we win tomorrow we'll be gaining 3 points on at least 1 of the teams above us and with a bit of luck by 5 o clock this afternoon we'll have the opportunity to gain ground on one or two more as well.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Dec 05, 2015 6:15 pm

Man City lose and Manure held to a bore draw...a win tomorrow will reel both of those teams in and we'll be looking good with a fairly easy run in to January.

Come on red men  :buttrock
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Dec 05, 2015 6:31 pm

Spurs were held at the Hawthorns as well, tomorrow's game is absolutely massive, we have the opportunity to gain ground on 3 of our main rivals and to go within 3 points of City and United too.
Just beat Newcastle and we'll be breathing down their necks with as you say decent fixtures ahead of us.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Sat Dec 05, 2015 7:08 pm

Another opportunity to make ground.
Great results for us today.
This year the title race is wide open and interesting.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby JC_81 » Sat Dec 05, 2015 7:55 pm

Great results for us today.

United and Spurs dropping points was great and City were ripped apart by Stoke, as Yakka said should've been more than 2-0.

That Bojan is one we should keep an eye on. I think he's really finding his feet in this league and could be ready for one more shot at a big club this summer. People have talked about Pato but I'd take this guy over him any day of the week.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - Games