Newcastle V Liverpool - EPL - Sunday 6th December - KO: 4pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby maguskwt » Mon Dec 07, 2015 11:44 am

Reg » Mon Dec 07, 2015 8:50 am wrote:Agree 100% mate.  Kick off was midnight, after 20 minutes the writing was on the wall, after 30 I left the bar, by 1am I was tucked up.

Yeah right Reg... You just wanted to go home and sleep! :rasp
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby johnbarnes » Mon Dec 07, 2015 11:44 am

only me » Sun Dec 06, 2015 8:37 pm wrote:Klopp was pretty late in injecting change into the lineup and just curious why would you tinker with a roster that just scored 6 goals....

How else is Klopp supposed to learn how good the current squad is?
Unfortunately we will continue to lose points whilst there is on-going assessment of the squad.
When a manager knows that his squad is big enough and strong enough, then the club can fight for all trophies.
This is what we all want isn't it?
We are all disappointed because of the results leading up to this.
If the fans can't get over a minor set back, how can the team get over it?
Just get over it and move on, work harder and play harder and as fans we need to chant, scream and support harder.
After all, the Geordies seemed to do a good job supporting their team last night and they have f#$k all to scream about!
Tomorrow is another day...
  :buttrock
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Mon Dec 07, 2015 12:11 pm

maguskwt » Mon Dec 07, 2015 6:44 pm wrote:
Reg » Mon Dec 07, 2015 8:50 am wrote:Agree 100% mate.  Kick off was midnight, after 20 minutes the writing was on the wall, after 30 I left the bar, by 1am I was tucked up.

Yeah right Reg... You just wanted to go home and sleep! :rasp

Guilty as charged... I was the only one in the bar !!  :buttrock
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kopite-Jud » Mon Dec 07, 2015 1:20 pm

For me this was the worst performance of the season.

When we knew we NEEDED to win we just didn't play.

Newcastle are absolutely garbage.   

Hopefully we learn from this,  we can't just turn up and expect a win. 

Shocking result :veryangry
Kopite-Jud

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Dec 07, 2015 4:40 pm

Kopite-Jud » Mon Dec 07, 2015 12:20 pm wrote:For me this was the worst performance of the season.

When we knew we NEEDED to win we just didn't play.

Newcastle are absolutely garbage.   

Hopefully we learn from this,  we can't just turn up and expect a win. 

Shocking result :veryangry

Yep, every team is going to lose a game or two at some point, that's just the nature of this sport, but some games definately have more significance than others.
Once again a Liverpool side in a great position manages to somehow blow an unbelievable opportunity to really turn the screw on our rivals, and, as per usual, that opportunity is squandered against one of the lesser lights in the division.
Let's get this right Newcastle are f***ing garbage this year and have been getting their @rse handed to them by everyone yet we make them look like a team full of spirited battlers. We went into that game yesterday as massive favourites, some commentators were even saying predictions of a 4-0 win for us were on the conservative side and yet with two £30m players leading the line we couldn't put a dent in a back four who's antics have been a running joke throughout the league all season.
We've blown opportunities against some poor sides in the past like Wigan and Stoke but f*** me Newcastle aren't just poor they are outright shyte!
Jurgen's saying all the right things in public but his head must be spinning, if he can't get over the loss to Palace God knows what he's feeling after that.
We can't even take opportunities against no hopers.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby algymoon » Mon Dec 07, 2015 4:48 pm

It was a vert much two steps backward,  I am sure Klopp fully known that the current squad is very weak, despite him saying the squad is strong just trying to give a boost to useless players we have in squad, the likes of Firmino (I will never change my mind about him, he does not offer anything at all) the other is Benteke who is lasy, bad movement, and he needs at least three or four half chances before he can convert one chance! Clyne once again is weak. Liverpool should have put the game to bed in first half whereas we had almost control of that half. It is very obvious Newcastle grow in confidence after Liverpool failing to score due to Benteke & the top player Firmino!!.

The sooner Klopp replace the useless players in squad and bring in quality players the better his job will me much easier.
algymoon

Postby damjan193 » Mon Dec 07, 2015 8:45 pm

At the end of the day I think it was Klopp who got it all wrong. As someone mentioned during the match, Klopp shouldn't have changed the entire attack that beat Southampton 6-1. The ability to press and the mobility of Lallana, Origi and Sturridge was missing. Maybe Klopp aimed for a combination of strength and mobility but at the end we got neither and it turned into a disaster. The players must've thought that they just needed to show up to win but I think that Klopp might have thought the same.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby damjan193 » Mon Dec 07, 2015 8:47 pm

Fun fact: Yesterday we had a total of 124 misplaced passes. Last time we had that many was 5 seasons ago.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:41 pm

damjan193 » Mon Dec 07, 2015 7:47 pm wrote:Fun fact: Yesterday we had a total of 124 misplaced passes. Last time we had that many was 5 seasons ago.

It showed as well mate, we couldn't string anything together.
I like Lucas and I think he's been imperious this season but he had an absolute shocker yesterday, he couldn't do anything right.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby eds » Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:53 am

The comments aimed at Klopp are truly f**king mind boggling, it beggars belief.

Some of you need some perspective to understand what a miracle the German is performing with us.

Getting us to 7-3-2 after 12 games in charge with the players at his disposal and then complaining that we have lost games is truly beyond logic and reasoning.

WE SIMPLY DO NOT HAVE THE PLAYERS TO CONTINUE UNBEATEN RUNS FOR LONG PERIODS OF TIME!

Yes Newcastle are dogs**t, yes we should have put 4 or 5 goals past them but we did not play well and got what we deserved. This comes down to the players and the fact that we are carrying way too many "passengers" that Klopp over time will turn over because they simply aren't good enough.

To point the finger at his tactics and set-up is absurd. The people on here saying that he should have picked the same side which went out and thumped Southampton 6-1 are just clutching at pathetic straws, it wouldn't have made a difference as its the players poor attitude on the field yesterday that led to the result. Klopp in my eyes has been utterly faultless since he has arrived and will continue to outperform with this current cast of misfits.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby Reg » Tue Dec 08, 2015 1:35 am

Thanks for the breaking news!  :buttrock

Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby eds » Tue Dec 08, 2015 2:30 am

Where the f**k is Dev and the rest of his happy clap gang when you need them Reg?

This is one time I would actually agree that some of us are whinging for no good reason.  :no
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

eds

Postby devaney » Tue Dec 08, 2015 7:40 am

Eds I find it interesting that you are capable of dismissing a display of ineptitude that was on a par with the 6-1 embarrassment at Stoke at the end of last season when to be frank the result didn't matter. This result mattered massively and we did not perform on any area of the pitch and that includes the managers box !! Stoke were a half decent side. Newcastle have been woeful and we failed to capitolise which is nothing more than history repeating itself !!

I just wonder how you would have viewed this manager under a different manager ????
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby eds » Tue Dec 08, 2015 9:39 am

Can't believe what I am reading Dev.

We were poor but let's get a grip we weren't that poor. If Benteke hadn't have missed from 3 yards out or Sturridge had buried his 1 on 1 we wouldn't all be sitting here moaning about a loss. Also their 1st goal was a bs deflection and they had struggled to launch anything going forward the entire game!

I'm not going to get dragged into this whole fanatical debate of Klopp vs Rodgers. I will let Klopp's results speak for himself. If we continue our season at the ratio of 7-3-2 we will come close to winning the league so I don't exactly know what there is to be alarmed about.

We don't have the players at the moment to go on the run we did when we had Suarez, Sturridge, Sterling, Countinho and Gerrard all in the same side.

With the previous clown in charge you would have been defending him to the hilt. Can't understand why you aren't extending that leniency to Klopp?!?

eds

Postby leeroy74 » Tue Dec 08, 2015 10:09 am

What Klopp has done in the short time with the team he inherited is fantastic mate, honest, I'd have no other manager in the world right now at our great club.
However, what Damjan said was correct on this occasion, Klopp has to take responsibility for the loss because he is the manager. He picked the team, he set the tactics and it flopped because the players didn't show up. The buck stops at the Manager.

but what I love about Klopp is he'll be gutted at the result and he'll be sat up all night with a pencil and a bit of paper trying to understand what happened and put things right for the next league game. He's a quality act and by far surpasses the previous man for nouse and a football brain.

He's learning as we go along and long may it continue.
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games