Match report for today!

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Gerrard#1 » Mon Sep 13, 2004 8:35 pm

:) ???
U say get over him, i say get under him!!:P
Gerrard#1

Postby Dalglish » Tue Sep 14, 2004 12:57 am

jim_morrison_supported_liverpool wrote:stu your comments about baros are becoming equally tiresome

I say Stu is right on Baros but obviously others don't see it the same way . Thats what I thought these forums were all about ? Opinion  :Oo:

Baros is greedy whilst we are on the subject. Others may call it keeness to score and if he did score at the rate of other greedy players of old such as Rush, Aldridge, Fowler and Owen then we wouldn't have much to complain about but the reality is he doesn't put his chances away.
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Tue Sep 14, 2004 1:55 am

Stu, i practically said the same thing in a post earlier on, the lad just looked desperate to score on his debut and i was made up with his persistance to wanna get on the score sheet, also if hed have scored b4 the time he could have squared the ball to Gerrard im sure he would have, but when your 20 yards out on ye home debut and your 2-0 up with a clear shot on goal whats wrong with wantin a pop at goal....Tell me, would you have squared it, i wouldnt have.....and id have scored!!

I know i saw it and agreed. I just couldn't be bothered quoting it. :p

Totally right in what you said though. We both know if that situation arises again he'll lay the ball off. It was just the circumstances. Thank god someone else here can see that!!!
115-1073096938

Postby Bruno Zidane! » Tue Sep 14, 2004 9:39 am

Stu it does do me head in sometimes when people nit pick at little things instead of takin all the positives out the game, i just cant understand why people cant come on here and say how much they enjoyed what an impressive home debut it was for him instead of goin "oh i thought he was a little greedy by havin a shot" Last season was depressin at times and to see someone as positive as Gerrard for once was superb.....Keep it up Luis!
Chopper:Look, you're not still angry at me about the leg, are you?
Neville Bartos : Nah, forget about it.
Chopper : Because I don't know if you remember, Neville, but I had that bloody shotgun pointed at your head. I reconsidered and dropped it down to your kneecap. Remember?
Bruno Zidane!
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Tue Sep 14, 2004 10:42 am

Dalglish wrote:Baros is greedy whilst we are on the subject.

i started a thread on this entire subject after the bolton game and got absolutely slated by some on here for making baros a scapegoat. the fact is all i was suggesting was that for the good of the team baros needs to improve his awareness of those around him at times.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby maximus » Tue Sep 14, 2004 11:20 am

jim_morrison_supported_liverpool wrote:
stu_the_red wrote:All this talk of Garcia being greedy is annoying.

He simply wanted to score on his home debeut. He's not greedy at all. If that situation EVER arises again in a game and he's not going for a hatrick i'd put my mortgage on him passing the ball.

The fact is he simply wanted to get off the mark and was a bit anxious. It happens and you learn from it (unless your Milan Baros).

stu your comments about baros are becoming equally tiresome

stu, you are just tiresome!! Are you The Hustler in disguise ??? because I am starting to treat your posts with same contempt  :angry:
maximus
LFC Super Member

Postby JBG » Tue Sep 14, 2004 1:49 pm

Baros needs a lot of work on his game.

He showed what he can do if the cards fall nicely for him at Euro 2004, but he needs to learn to keep his head up when running and pick a pass.

Great strikers need to be greedy, as scoring goals involves the responsibility of ending a move by shooting at goal, but there is a difference between ruthless in the penalty box and being greedy in possession when you outside the box and running down cul de sacs as Baros is often guilty of.

If he learns this he could be an excellent player.

I think a lot of the problem with Baros lies in the Houllier days. He wasn't picked that often so every game he played he tried to score to force himself onto the team, and he finds those bad habits difficult to rid at the moment.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby Fowler_E7 » Tue Sep 14, 2004 2:03 pm

agreed, i think Baros problem is that he is to eager to score and show everyone what he is made of, once he gets a goal or two he will hopefully calm down a bit :(
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games