Manchester City V Liverpool 3/2/13 16:00

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby LFC1990 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:57 am

Got to expect some of the players will be feeling a little hard done by after dropping a two goal lead V Arsenal. However I think for a few players, Carragher and Henderson, Their performances will give them a huge confidence boost.

City after drawing V QPR midweek will want to get back to winning ways at home. City are vulnerable in certain areas. Hart hasnt been anywhere as near as good as he was last year and their 2 CBs i dont think they know which is the strongest pair. Along with Yaya Toure being at the African nations cup this is a good time to being playing city if their ever is one. On the plus side they are very good offensively with the likes of Aguero,Dzeko, Tevez and Silva all able to change games within a couple of seconds.

When we played them early in the season we were by far the better side. Lucas went of Injured and young Raheem really made his stamp in the Liverpool side. Since then we have Lucas back a more Experienced sterling and 2 new signings in Sturridge and Coutinho although the later is doubtful to be playing. Luis Suarez has probably been the player of the season and Mancini will have to have a close eye on him along with Sturridge and In form Gerrard.

From the Arsenal Game i would make two Changes. Enrique should go back into left back and Downing make way for Skrtel. Playing a 5-3-2 / 3-5-2 formation

Liverpool Team                                                                                    Man city Team

Reina                                                                                                     Hart
Johnson       Carragher  Skrtel   Agger    Enrique                                      Zabaleta            Kompany      Nastasic       Clichy

Lucas                                                                                        Javi Garcia      Barry
                     Henderson         Gerrard                                                                                          Silva

Sturridge                  Suarez                                                       Milner                          Tevez         Aguero

Happy with a draw but hope to sneak a win

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby mkingdom » Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:59 pm

Kompany is said to be ruled out, which helps.

I can't see us playing three at the back.  I'd say as you were from Arsenal but with Enrique for Wisdom.

Reina

Johnson  Carra  Agger   Enrique

Lucas
      Henderson  Gerrard

Downing  Sturridge  Suarez

A very slim chance that Coutinho replaces Downing, but I doubt it. (EDIT - Confirmed that he is back in Italy sorting out his move so won't figure)
mkingdom

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:55 pm

mkingdom » Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:59 pm wrote:Kompany is said to be ruled out, which helps.

I can't see us playing three at the back.  I'd say as you were from Arsenal but with Enrique for Wisdom.

Reina

Johnson  Carra  Agger   Enrique

Lucas
      Henderson  Gerrard

Downing  Sturridge  Suarez

A very slim chance that Coutinho replaces Downing, but I doubt it. (EDIT - Confirmed that he is back in Italy sorting out his move so won't figure)

thats the side i`d go with if i was the manager but with a subtle change of formation, i dont want to see luis playing left back again.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby LFC1990 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:31 pm

Anyone know why Colin Pascoe took the press confrence today ?

LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby Tophatman » Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:39 pm

Rodgers son was at the Old Bailey, facing some charge or other...must have been supporting him.
Tophatman

Postby Mikz » Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:38 pm

Is his son not a solicitor? I thought he was defending some players on a rape charge?
'' Gary lineker may well have scored 5 goals in 5 minutes , but i think you have to say, what else did he do '' ...Jimmy Hill
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Aussie Style » Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:23 am

Mikz » Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:38 pm wrote:Is his son not a solicitor? I thought he was defending some players on a rape charge?

No, his son plays for Brighton & Hove Albion and is facing sexual assault charges.
Aussie Style
LFC Super Member

Postby ethanr » Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:33 pm

Kompany is out the this one, which is great news for us as I don't think Lescott is even half the player.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:22 am

ethanr » Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:33 pm wrote:Kompany is out the this one, which is great news for us as I don't think Lescott is even half the player.

lescott is still a decent back up though, it shows how strong their squad is when they have a £23m england international on the bench as back up to their frontline CB`s.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby alwayslfc » Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:13 am

We are capable of beating them of course. Our problem is the mindset. The main reason why we cannot beat the teams above us is that we give them too much respect esp. at their own backyard. This mental barrier has to be eliminated for us to be a top side again. We must be ruthless enough to expect to beat anyone at anywhere.
alwayslfc

Postby The Good Yank » Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:59 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:22 pm wrote:
ethanr » Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:33 pm wrote:Kompany is out the this one, which is great news for us as I don't think Lescott is even half the player.

lescott is still a decent back up though, it shows how strong their squad is when they have a £23m england international on the bench as back up to their frontline CB`s.

Pffft, that's nothing.  We've got a 20 million england international that should be a backup winger and a 35 million england international on loan at West Ham.  City have nothing on us.
s@int - 13 December 2009

I won't celebrate Rafa going........ but I will be over the moon if Dalglish comes in. League within 2 years if he gets the job, AND YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT.
The Good Yank
LFC Super Member

Postby Aussie Style » Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:43 am

Absolutely buzzing for this! Even the 3am Sunday night/Monday morning and 7:30am start to work won't stop me watching this one. Fancy us to take at least a point and possibly all 3. No Kompany or Yaya is massive, probably the best players in there positions in the league. As good as Carra was against Arsenal, I hope to see Skrtel back for this one and Enrique in for Wisdom. Maybe Raheem for Downing too.

Reina
Johnson
Skrtel
Agger
Enrique
Hendo
Gerrard
Lucas
Sterling
Suarez
Sturridge

2-1 win then let the hunt for top 4 really begin :)
Aussie Style
LFC Super Member

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:29 am

I imagine once again a spot will be found for the under acheiving Downing but personally I'd like too see.

.                        Reina
. Johnson     Skrtle     Agger     Enrique
.                      Lucas
.           Hendo            Gerrard   
.  Sturridge     Suarez       Sterling

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Benny The Noon » Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:49 am

Whilst Downing hasn't justified his price tag - going on recent form there is no way Sterling deserves a place in the team ahead of Downing
Benny The Noon

Postby LFC1990 » Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:00 pm

Who ever plays down our left hand side needs to be on his game Zabaleta is in the top 3 right backs in the league in my opinion. Sterling will get eaten alive by him. If were going to play 4-3-3 id rather see Suarez, Sturridge or Downing their instead of Young Raheem

LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - Games