Man Utd v Liverpool - Sun 15th Jan 4pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby sgs » Mon Jan 16, 2017 3:06 am

OH PLEASE!
Wijnaldum was probably our most consistent player over the 90mins and would get my man of the match if it wasn't for Mings!
After every f$cking game I read the same thing about this guy...
You wanna talk wasteful just look at the tw.at that everyone rates... His name is Firmino! The guy should work in the refuge industry.
----
Wijnaldum was box to box for 90mins and was our mostly likely goal scorer towards the end.
----
That said, a great point away from home. We deserved more but could have got a whole lot less...

WE GO AGAIN!:buttrock[/quote]

Very consistent. But he cannot seem to ever strike a ball hard!!! He gets into very good positions, and he should score more...[/quote]

Should score more?
Which player is most attacking...?
Wijnaldum or Firmino?
---
Wijnaldum sets the pace of this LFC team which is why Klopp starts him at every opportunity.
Should he score more? Well i guess subjectively all LFC players should score more goals, but they don't.
2 weeks ago Wijnaldum scored a magnificent header against a team that no-one really gave us a chance to beat...
How many on this forum re-opened his thread to laud his goal? 
---
Sometimes a player is unpopular because of what media says or in this case does not say.
But if anyone seriously thinks that Firmino is the real deal and Wijnaldum is average needs to watch all our games this season, look at his stats and then make your mind up before Sky Sports comes along with their stat book and makes your mind up for you...
[/quote]

Based on the scoring positions he gets into, he should score more.
Floyd stepped left and threw the hook that caught Hatton flush under the chin. Finally, the British champ had arrived in that mythical place of which his fans speak: Hatton Wonderland.
sgs

Postby laza » Mon Jan 16, 2017 3:40 am

Disappointed we couldn't hang on but I would have taken that result before the kick off
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby algymoon » Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:54 am

The scum and "not the special one" must really thanks the referee and his assistants for allowing their goal to stand!!!
If our flair players were more clinical and defended better the special one long balls only tactic we would have won the game easily.

Mignolet was excellent, and I hope he will continue this form.

good luck for the coming games.
algymoon

Postby Mikz » Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:37 am

Happy enough with a draw all things considered, Migs kept us in the game.

We need another Suarez , someone prolific , Ibrahimivic is some player for them and was always a threat. Our threat up front was zero
'' Gary lineker may well have scored 5 goals in 5 minutes , but i think you have to say, what else did he do '' ...Jimmy Hill
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Mon Jan 16, 2017 2:11 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Jan 15, 2017 7:59 pm wrote:
redshade wrote:https://youtu.be/4Cdan5gacLc

Yup just noticed valencia

They've had some luck lately that crowd  :no

In the last five games or so they have had at least 4 goals that should not have stood, without those they would be 8 points down. Fergie's days all over again, the FA back in there pocket  :veryangry
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Mon Jan 16, 2017 9:48 pm

We almost pulled it out of the bag but in the end pure grit just wasn't enough without having an ounce of quality to back it up. Up front we were terrible and failed to test De Gea where as the other end Mingolet had to be on his guard. Our midfield is poor and they failed again to move with any purpose going forward which left the front lads recycling the ball time and time again around the box until we lose it. Thought Sturridge should have been introduced towards the end to at least give us a shot of nicking it but for some reason klopp doesn't seem to think he is the finisher we do  :glare: .
Overall I don't think anyone can be singled out as having a poor game as they put in a shift but that alone just wasn't enough. We would be fools not to add to the team in this window with so much at stake. Inaki Williams would be a great addition and a player who Klopp would get a lot out of due to his stamina during games.
Swansea next so we have to get back to winning ways  :nod
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby devaney » Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:31 pm

John Barnes and Algymoron - something just for you !!! You've both given Firmino some serious stick this season.I think my view is more in line with Thierry Henry !!

http://metro.co.uk/2017/01/16/thierry-h ... y-6385063/
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Wed Jan 18, 2017 6:18 pm

To tip up in the back yard of a team who are ominously hitting form and still dictate the play and the possession for long periods is no easy task. United are a team that is slowly hitting their stride,  add the fact that all the usual lucky breaks you associate with this loathsome outfit  that seemed  to be evading them early in the season have returned with a vengeance and this was a point well earned.

So with Henderson back to his most uncompromising version of 'YE SHALL NOT PASS' and Wjinaldum winning every loose ball and distributing with aplomb I thought we pretty much controlled the ebb and flow of the game, and although some posters seem to have missed Cans performance and how vital he was to this particular battle I have no reservations stating that this was his best performance for some time ! I thought Firmino's zest for retaining the ball and pressing the play was infectious and in this kind of mood he really is our best line of defence.

Milner was superb and the lad is a complete f*cking warrior for returning to his plates and  resuming play after that horrendous tackle, he also slots spot kicks like a German, last shout goes to Arnold who after a shaky start really proved why Klopp has so much faith in the young lad.

So in summation, we took two points from a side bang in form and one who has been recently enjoying veritable golden showers from Lady Luck and we made this supposed master tactician alter his tactics to the point of reverting to route one football via the massive swede of the Fellaini to retrieve anything from this game.

I'd say given the loss of Clyne  Matip and the directness of  Mane that a point against this odious eleven was actually us depriving them of two more than what they foolishly believed they could garner from this game.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games