Man Utd v Liverpool - Sun 15th Jan 4pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby sgs » Sun Jan 15, 2017 7:07 pm

only me » Sun Jan 15, 2017 6:02 pm wrote:Haven't seen the whole game but it didn't look as if were playing with a purpose...rather wasting time fighting hard to keep the result...We should have really tried much better especially when United went all in attack we had huge space to use...Feel their is a drop in form in our latest games...Good result poor performance

Perhaps you should see the whole game first; no?
Floyd stepped left and threw the hook that caught Hatton flush under the chin. Finally, the British champ had arrived in that mythical place of which his fans speak: Hatton Wonderland.
sgs

Postby bunglemark2 » Sun Jan 15, 2017 7:09 pm

I'd f'kin drop Firmino indefinitely. Totally gone off the boil. Even Sturridge is better than him right now and that's saying something.
Plus, Klopp should realise he's allowed to use his subs. Have to question the manager today.
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Jan 15, 2017 7:12 pm

devaney » Sun Jan 15, 2017 5:58 pm wrote:Gini in front of goal especially away from home is terrible. Origi and Can were poor. TAA was a little out of depth but did ok. Lallana for me wa absent at times. Mign did really well and so did Lovren. We generally kept them quiet in front of goal.

Being realistic the result was about right.

Origi had a decent game mate, even Tyler and Neville were praising his contribution.
You're right about Lallana and Can though, they were largely anonymous and I also agree about A-A, he did look a bit out of his depth at times but to be fair to the lad debut's don't come much tougher than that (i.e away at Old Trafford with a pace merchant like Martial running at you all game).
A-A will come good it's just that a contest of that magnitude was probably a little bit too soon for him.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby maguskwt » Sun Jan 15, 2017 7:22 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Jan 15, 2017 6:12 pm wrote:
devaney » Sun Jan 15, 2017 5:58 pm wrote:Gini in front of goal especially away from home is terrible. Origi and Can were poor. TAA was a little out of depth but did ok. Lallana for me wa absent at times. Mign did really well and so did Lovren. We generally kept them quiet in front of goal.

Origi had a decent game mate, even Tyler and Neville were praising his contribution.
You're right about Lallana and Can though, they were largely anonymous and I also agree about A-A, he did look a bit out of his depth at times but to be fair to the lad debut's don't come much tougher than that (i.e away at Old Trafford with a pace merchant like Martial running at you all game).
A-A will come good it's just that a contest of that magnitude was probably a little bit too soon for him.

Abit harsh on Lallana. He was dropping back and fetching the ball. Did quite alot of work... especially since he keeps popping up in front as well. My worse performance vote goes to Can,Firmino, and Wijnaldum. Wijnaldum did well with hos work rate and distribution. But a player at this level should at least test the keeper with the chances he had. I think 3 clear cut chances. A-A gets a pass due to his inexperience and he did grow into the game
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Sun Jan 15, 2017 7:28 pm

Well we could have won but im happy with the point. For them its 2 points lost.
Glad couts is back we will need him now for us to maintain a top 4 finish.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Jan 15, 2017 7:29 pm

maguskwt » Sun Jan 15, 2017 6:22 pm wrote:

Abit harsh on Lallana. He was dropping back and fetching the ball. Did quite alot of work... especially since he keeps popping up in front as well. My worse performance vote goes to Can,Firmino, and Wijnaldum. Wijnaldum did well with hos work rate and distribution. But a player at this level should at least test the keeper with the chances he had. I think 3 clear cut chances. A-A gets a pass due to his inexperience and he did grow into the game

The last few weeks Lallana has slipped back into that 'lightweight mode' that he had during Rodgers reign, players are just brushing him aside with ease again which is a worry. As for Wijnaldum, granted he can't shoot for toffee but he does work hard and scrap for loose balls.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby sgs » Sun Jan 15, 2017 7:30 pm

A tactical game which for the most part we controlled, in the sense it was played on our terms tactically. United had to go route 1 to get back in it, and even then thru an offsides goal....

Within the tactical scheme, Lallana and Can were solid...

I thought TAA did ok. Got a lot of help as one should expect, but MU were never able to hurt us thru the right.
Floyd stepped left and threw the hook that caught Hatton flush under the chin. Finally, the British champ had arrived in that mythical place of which his fans speak: Hatton Wonderland.
sgs

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Sun Jan 15, 2017 7:32 pm

I thought Wijnaldum put a good shift in today and I thought Firmino did aswell. Can was very wasteful and he overrun the ball in some dangerous areas. It's a good point at the end of the day, just a shame the equaliser came from another offside decision going in utd's favour.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby johnbarnes » Sun Jan 15, 2017 7:32 pm

sgs » Sun Jan 15, 2017 7:06 pm wrote:
johnbarnes » Sun Jan 15, 2017 5:59 pm wrote:
ethanr » Sun Jan 15, 2017 6:49 pm wrote:Wijnaldum has been incredibly wasteful with these chances today. Incredibly poor on his shooting.

OH PLEASE!
Wijnaldum was probably our most consistent player over the 90mins and would get my man of the match if it wasn't for Mings!
After every f$cking game I read the same thing about this guy...
You wanna talk wasteful just look at the tw.at that everyone rates... His name is Firmino! The guy should work in the refuge industry.
----
Wijnaldum was box to box for 90mins and was our mostly likely goal scorer towards the end.
----
That said, a great point away from home. We deserved more but could have got a whole lot less...

WE GO AGAIN!:buttrock

Very consistent. But he cannot seem to ever strike a ball hard!!! He gets into very good positions, and he should score more...

Should score more?
Which player is most attacking...?
Wijnaldum or Firmino?
---
Wijnaldum sets the pace of this LFC team which is why Klopp starts him at every opportunity.
Should he score more? Well i guess subjectively all LFC players should score more goals, but they don't.
2 weeks ago Wijnaldum scored a magnificent header against a team that no-one really gave us a chance to beat...
How many on this forum re-opened his thread to laud his goal? 
---
Sometimes a player is unpopular because of what media says or in this case does not say.
But if anyone seriously thinks that Firmino is the real deal and Wijnaldum is average needs to watch all our games this season, look at his stats and then make your mind up before Sky Sports comes along with their stat book and makes your mind up for you...
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Sun Jan 15, 2017 7:33 pm

We have to admit Mignolet made some superb saves. His been playing really well lately.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Jan 15, 2017 7:34 pm

sgs » Sun Jan 15, 2017 6:30 pm wrote:

A tactical game which for the most part we controlled, in the sense it was played on our terms tactically. United had to go route 1 to get back in it, and even then thru an offsides goal....

Within the tactical scheme, Lallana and Can were solid...

I thought TAA did ok. Got a lot of help as one should expect, but MU were never able to hurt us thru the right.

United got through down A-A's side a few times like when A-A slipped and they hit us on the counter. We deffo rode our luck once or twice but to be fair so did they.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Jan 15, 2017 7:35 pm

Was their goal offside?
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Sun Jan 15, 2017 7:38 pm

In a game where were had no Matip no Mane and Couts to start with i am pleased.

Wijnaldum can't shoot but his work rate is good. I thought Can played decent aswel.

With Couts back in sure we will become more fluid when we attack.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Jan 15, 2017 7:39 pm

redshade » Sun Jan 15, 2017 6:33 pm wrote:We have to admit Mignolet made some superb saves. His been playing really well lately.

He played really well, especially first half.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Sun Jan 15, 2017 7:43 pm

Lads with the Matip situation will that mean he won't play until AFCON is over?
redshade
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games