Man Utd V Liverpool Sat 10th March KO: 12:30

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Doeboy » Sat Mar 10, 2018 4:24 pm

2 goals we conceded were soft and that pretty much released the pressure on Utd. If it was 0-0 going into half time, I would have fancied us. But let a Mourinho team take a 2-0 lead with sloppy goals like that, you know whats coming. Although we bossed the 2nd half in terms of possession, they looked happy enough for us to have the ball and I don't remember De Gea making a save which was disappointing. Architects of our own downfall today.
Doeboy

Postby redshade » Sat Mar 10, 2018 4:26 pm

That was frustrating to say the least i hate that pr1ck Mourinho always seems to get one over us.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby only me » Sat Mar 10, 2018 4:29 pm

Ghost of Shankly » Sat Mar 10, 2018 3:02 pm wrote:We had about 15 corners and all that possession second half and could not get ONE shot on target.
Fkng embarrassing. :(

Our midfield are to blame. Can, milner, hendo, wjnaldum, Ox and Lallana are all average at best. None of them can produce in big matches, they just do this tippy tappy"passing five yard passes that get you nowhere.
Had stephen Gerrard been playing today, we would have won.

You are one little whinning wnkr aren't you? Yes it was a Shiite of a football game all around..just what Mourinho prescribed but this attitude of yours especially after a beautiful run of results its just pathetic
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Sat Mar 10, 2018 4:58 pm

only me » Sat Mar 10, 2018 4:29 pm wrote:
Ghost of Shankly » Sat Mar 10, 2018 3:02 pm wrote:We had about 15 corners and all that possession second half and could not get ONE shot on target.

Our midfield are to blame. Can, milner, hendo, wjnaldum, Ox and Lallana are all average at best. None of them can produce in big matches, they just do this tippy tappy"passing five yard passes that get you nowhere.

You are one little whinning wnkr aren't you? Yes it was a Shiite of a football game all around..just what Mourinho prescribed but this attitude of yours especially after a beautiful run of results its just pathetic

" Beautiful" ???

You really are a dreaming deluded fool.

We won't win diddly squat with that midfield I'm telling you.

ZERO creativity. Even Firmino and Salah forgot how to play today.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:08 pm

Ghost of Shankly » Sat Mar 10, 2018 3:58 pm wrote:
only me » Sat Mar 10, 2018 4:29 pm wrote:

" Beautiful" ???

You really are a dreaming deluded fool.

We won't win diddly squat with that midfield I'm telling you.

ZERO creativity. Even Firmino and Salah forgot how to play today.

Tell me, how many goals have we scored this season?   :laugh:
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:13 pm

Can't say we didn't deserve that today. They aren't a lot better than us but they knew where to hit us. They had no chance on the left side with VVD and Robertson but exploited us on the right with the inexperienced TAA and the liability Lovren. I blamed mostly Trent for this loss but looking at it again, Lovren cost both goals. Mourinho used simple tactics with the long balls for Lukaku but it worked.

That being said, what the hell needs to happen for us to get a penalty or any 50:50 decision to go our way?! Refs making costly mistakes for us in almost every game now!
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:26 pm

7_Kewell » Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:08 pm wrote:Tell me, how many goals have we scored this season?   :laugh:

Don't be concered with that Stat Harry Kewell, Be concerned with the amount of goals we have conceded. it's 34. 11 more than the scum, 10 more than spurs, 8 more than chelsea.

Our record V the top five this season is poor also, head to head.

I'm a worried man until Klopp signs us some decent midfielders. Our defence/ keeper has also been a worry for much of the season until VVD arrived.

AM I wrong?
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby only me » Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:37 pm

Ghost of Shankly » Sat Mar 10, 2018 4:26 pm wrote:
7_Kewell » Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:08 pm wrote:Tell me, how many goals have we scored this season?   :laugh:

Don't be concered with that Stat Harry Kewell, Be concerned with the amount of goals we have conceded. it's 34. 11 more than the scum, 10 more than spurs, 8 more than chelsea.

I'm a worried man until Klopp signs us some decent midfielders. Our defence/ keeper has also been a worry for much of the season until VVD arrived.

AM I wrong?

Yes you are wrong to go mental just because we lost to ManU today..Everyone is aware of the issues we have but to wait till we fail so you can go all guns blazing is disrespectful and childeeish...Algymoon reincarnated?
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Doeboy » Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:43 pm

Also, we were too narrow today. Robertson had his moments where he got up and supported the attack but thought once TAA got done for their goal, he went into his shell somewhat and held back from pushing forward too much.
Doeboy

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:45 pm

only me » Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:37 pm wrote:

AM I wrong?

Yes you are wrong to go mental just because we lost to ManU today..Everyone is aware of the issues we have but to wait till we fail so you can go all guns blazing is disrespectful and childeeish...Algymoon reincarnated?

It's about pride also. You obviously don't care much. You don't post much in here, and you only come out for the "BIG" games., out of the woodwork.

Klopps Record V the Top 6 teams since he arrived is poor also.

For those who are getting a bit complacent also, thinking that we have already qualified in the top four positions, then we still have tricky away matches at West Brom, Crystal Palace, Everton and Chelsea to come yet.

Comprende? :wwww
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:38 pm

AM I wrong?

Righto, we'll ignore your ramblings about our team having no creativity shall we?  For the record, we've scored 68. Not bad for a team with no sparks, eh ? :laugh:
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:54 pm

Sometimes its just far better to play your best team and f*ck the next game,to be truthful the defeat isn't a surprise I thought we would struggle with our link up play when the team limped through the return leg v Porto,I just think resting certain players before such a huge game was always fraught with peril and a real danger in putting the brakes on what is arguably the best attack in the league. It just seemed like the front three were complete strangers to the ingenuity and invention that makes them so potent

How the f*ck Milner Can and Chamberlain were considered first choice for a game like this is beyond me,especially with Henderson Lallana and Gini on the bench,I mean surely albeit from maybe Can the other three should have started on the bench ?  Henderson should have been a shoe in for this game and its about time Mane was dropped and Lallana given a go alongside Firmino and Salah  ,***** off with the excessive amount of times he misplaces a simple pass.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Mar 10, 2018 7:01 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:54 pm wrote:How the f*ck Milner Can and Chamberlain were considered first choice for a game like this is beyond me,especially with Henderson Lallana and Gini on the bench,I mean surely albeit from maybe Can the other three should have started on the bench ?  Henderson should have been a shoe in for this game and its about time Mane was dropped and Lallana given a go alongside Firmino and Salah  ,***** off with the excessive amount of times he misplaces a simple pass.

Don't think any of them are 100% fit, to be honest. 

Lallana looks as rusty as a door nail and Henderson hasn't trained this week due to a dead leg. Pretty sure Gini had a stomach bug too.
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Sat Mar 10, 2018 7:03 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:54 pm wrote:Sometimes its just far better to play your best team and f*ck the next game,to be truthful the defeat isn't a surprise I thought we would struggle with our link up play when the team limped through the return leg v Porto,I just think resting certain players before such a huge game was always fraught with peril and a real danger in putting the brakes on what is arguably the best attack in the league. It just seemed like the front three were complete strangers to the ingenuity and invention that makes them so potent

How the f*ck Milner Can and Chamberlain were considered first choice for a game like this is beyond me,especially with Henderson Lallana and Gini on the bench,.

Mix it up any-which way you want pal. We still would have lost today. ALL of our midfielders are GARBAGE. Average at best with ZERO creativity.

Bring on Next season, and hopefully LEMAR as well as KEITA ....FFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Sat Mar 10, 2018 7:06 pm

Salah was marked out well today and Mane had a chance to take control and roam around. Mane sadly couldn't take that opportunity. We all know how weak we are in the middle and it showed today there was nothing from our central players. Mourinho yet again got one over us which bloody depresses me especially losing against our most hated team.
It was obvious they will attack us via Lovren and TAA that is why im hoping we buy another solid CB in the summer to partner VVD.

Oh well we move on we've got plenty of work to do if we want to cement top 4 finish.

Can it be done? YES

Will we finish top 4? YES
redshade
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games