Man City vs Liverpool Sat 9th Sept 12:30

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby leeroy74 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:22 am

4 transfer windows to address the defence issue and he hasn't... He got found out yesterday.
Move on
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby only me » Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:06 am

is it me or has the United draw kinda eased the trashing we received? 3 points from first spot...No need to Panic...Yet.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Doeboy » Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:12 am

Losing 5-0 when down to 10 men against a City side loaded with talanted attackers in itself is not so much the issue.

For me, it was more to do with the apparent lack of plan in that second half. Normally you sit back and stay solid and in shape. It looked like we went out there thinking we still had 1q men with a high line with tbe only difference our pressing game went out the window due to being a man down. That is downright stupidity imo.
Doeboy

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:18 pm

only me » Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:06 am wrote:is it me or has the United draw kinda eased the trashing we received? 3 points from first spot...No need to Panic...Yet.

Yep, only 3 points from the top and 2 of our 4 games have been against Arsenal and Man City. Whatsmore if a dozy linesman would have done his job properly in that first game we'd only be 1 point behind the leaders now as well. As you say we are actually in a pretty good position given our fixtures and the fact 2 big, game defining calls have gone against us.
Even yesterday, although we were missing our best player and had a scratch back 4 we went to City's own backyard and were the better side until the sending off.
We are doing fine, let's move on to Wednesday.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:38 pm

Doeboy » Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:12 am wrote:Losing 5-0 when down to 10 men against a City side loaded with talanted attackers in itself is not so much the issue.

For me, it was more to do with the apparent lack of plan in that second half. Normally you sit back and stay solid and in shape. It looked like we went out there thinking we still had 1q men with a high line with tbe only difference our pressing game went out the window due to being a man down. That is downright stupidity imo.
I think Klopp conceded the defeat at half time.. I think that's why he took off Salah and the reason we didn't blow a gasket in the second half. It was embarrassing but I think Klopp is thinking beyond this game.

We lasted until December doing this pressing game last year and faded massively into the new year. This year we have a slightly better squad and games like this could mentally and physically wear out a team.

Was there any point trying to fight a lost battle and the outcome being we get tired players and injuries?
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby johnbarnes » Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:17 pm

UvS xR4GEx » Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:38 pm wrote:
Doeboy » Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:12 am wrote:Losing 5-0 when down to 10 men against a City side loaded with talanted attackers in itself is not so much the issue.

I think Klopp conceded the defeat at half time.. I think that's why he took off Salah and the reason we didn't blow a gasket in the second half. It was embarrassing but I think Klopp is thinking beyond this game.

We lasted until December doing this pressing game last year and faded massively into the new year. This year we have a slightly better squad and games like this could mentally and physically wear out a team.

Was there any point trying to fight a lost battle and the outcome being we get tired players and injuries?

Yes there was a point.
Professional sports athlete are paid to be competitive - simple.
What happens WHEN we get knocked out of this seasons CL?
What happens IF the gap between us and top 4 become more than 7 points?
Will we look back fondly at all the missed opportunities that we squandered by not remaining competitive...
---
Next game will see a different attitude, because CL football is all what these $plitar$es are concerned with...
Great for us today, but what about tomorrow?
Will CAN (not that I'm bothered) sign a new contract IF by January we are out of the CL and 6 points off the top 4?
Will he fight for the right to play CL football again? Or will he just sign for a team that has regular CL football?
---
A bloke once said that the league is our bread and butter -
A lot of things have changed since then, but in principle...
It's still the right attitude to have.
NO PL FORM = NO CL FOOTBALL
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Sun Sep 10, 2017 2:34 pm

Didn't anyone watch MOTD last night? A couple of minutes before the Mane incident Mignolet made a great save off John Stones from a corner, the ball flys up into the air, Mane then chests the ball and is just about to head it for the counter attack.. then a man city player jumps and flying kicks Mane in the head to prevent the counter attack.

That was only 2 minutes before the red card.. I had to rewind it twice to make sure it was foot to head.

The only difference between the two was Mane got straight up and Ederson stayed down injured.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby Mikz » Sun Sep 10, 2017 2:36 pm

UvS xR4GEx » Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:38 am wrote:

Yes there was..Liverpool Fc should never be giving up at half time in ANY game..history will tell you that.

35mill for Oxlaide chmberlain and we have a defence like that - MADNESS
'' Gary lineker may well have scored 5 goals in 5 minutes , but i think you have to say, what else did he do '' ...Jimmy Hill
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:01 pm

The stats for our midfield trio against City certainly don't make for good reading, just two tackles made in 'total' and Henderson failed to register a single one. In any game against any opposition that is completely unacceptable.

Lifted from the Echo

In the engine room, in the heat of battle, Liverpool's midfield three of Henderson (0), Can (1) and Wijnaldum (1) made just two tackles.   

Which imo confirms that although the defense took the full brunt of the criticism our midfield were equally culpable in providing little or (in Hendo's case)no cover for our back four whatsoever.

Its like I said yesterday, so much of what unfolded could have been easily avoided if even one of the above three would have shouldered the responsibility required in shielding the back four .

Time for Grujic, who incidentally showed exactly what we're missing in our middle for the U23's earlier........FIGHT !!!!
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby algymoon » Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:19 am

:rasp
johnbarnes » Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:04 pm wrote:
algymoon » Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:33 pm wrote:Did everyone thinks that the Nutcase can back up the win against Arsenal with another win? Not a chance!, especially when out best CB Klavan plays, who can guarantee to give at least one or two goals away! Whereas the Nutcase is fully knowing that his squad is very short in the weak department. What does do sell his real best CB!  It is f*cking madness.

His team selection and style of play is a carbon copy of last season, with few average  and expensive  addons, the like of Salah who needs six chances before he can convert one goal. Firmino is useless as ever, Mignolet was nervous cannot kick the ball, and he was ready to give a goal away! It is the same f*cking Sh*t story of last season, and the nutcase’s faithful should get used to it.

Mane was unlucky it was 50/50 challenge and he went for the ball, however, the f*cking referee did chicken out.

Please be real and don’t get excited over the win against  Arsenal it is a long season and more Sh*t will come out from this top manager the f*cking Nutcase!.

When he revert to back three in second half with CAN who is never a CB, the clever manager made easy to top City’s strikers, who was scoring for fun and they have toyed with our non-existing defence, City were attacking with four or five player and overloading our Sh*t defence.

I knew the joy over the Arsenal wouldn’t last, it was just on off game, and Arsenal players did play for their manager. We don’t have a strong and clever manager who can change games with various good plans during the game, but not we have a manager who has one and only style of play, the heavy metal and hypes! Which it never win any f*cking things!

Mate! Ain't you got better things to do in your bedroom?  :laugh:

:rasp  :rasp  I sugget you take your beloved Klopp to your bedroom! an Idiot!!!!
algymoon

Postby kazza » Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:33 am

algymoon » Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:19 am wrote::rasp
algymoon » Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:33 pm wrote:Did everyone thinks that the Nutcase can back up the win against Arsenal with another win? Not a chance!, especially when out best CB Klavan plays, who can guarantee to give at least one or two goals away! Whereas the Nutcase is fully knowing that his squad is very short in the weak department. What does do sell his real best CB!  It is f*cking madness.

His team selection and style of play is a carbon copy of last season, with few average  and expensive  addons, the like of Salah who needs six chances before he can convert one goal. Firmino is useless as ever, Mignolet was nervous cannot kick the ball, and he was ready to give a goal away! It is the same f*cking Sh*t story of last season, and the nutcase’s faithful should get used to it.

Mane was unlucky it was 50/50 challenge and he went for the ball, however, the f*cking referee did chicken out.

Please be real and don’t get excited over the win against  Arsenal it is a long season and more Sh*t will come out from this top manager the f*cking Nutcase!.

When he revert to back three in second half with CAN who is never a CB, the clever manager made easy to top City’s strikers, who was scoring for fun and they have toyed with our non-existing defence, City were attacking with four or five player and overloading our Sh*t defence.

I knew the joy over the Arsenal wouldn’t last, it was just on off game, and Arsenal players did play for their manager. We don’t have a strong and clever manager who can change games with various good plans during the game, but not we have a manager who has one and only style of play, the heavy metal and hypes! Which it never win any f*cking things!

:rasp  :rasp  I sugget you take your beloved Klopp to your bedroom! I'm an Idiot!!!!

:nod
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby johnbarnes » Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:43 am

algymoon » Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:19 am wrote::rasp

:rasp  :rasp  I sugget you take your beloved Klopp to your bedroom! an Idiot!!!!

:laugh:  :eyebrow  :laugh:
Attachments
throwpillow,secondary_small,750x1000-bg,f8f8f8.u3.jpg
throwpillow,secondary_small,750x1000-bg,f8f8f8.u3.jpg (89.88 KiB) Viewed 1314 times
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games