Man City vs Liverpool-5:30pm Saturday 21st Nov

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Boocity » Sun Nov 22, 2015 4:00 am

Haven't enjoyed a game as much since we thrashed Arsenal 5-1, our movement up front was 'outstanding'  :D
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Sun Nov 22, 2015 7:18 am

WHAT A WIN ! Best game since we dropped Arsenal a couple of seasons ago.

I thought we were fantastic all over and Hart + some bad finishing prevented an ever heavier scoreline.  Let's build on this now.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Sun Nov 22, 2015 9:06 am

eds » Sat Nov 21, 2015 11:44 pm wrote:What a game! What a result!

KLOPP got his tactis right and we absoulately obliterated the best team in the comp AWAY!!

If this cant convince the remaining muppets that call themselves "fans" about the German i dont know what will?

Big Skrtel was magnificent at the back. Firmino and Countinho were a pair of scissors cutting through City's paper defense while Lallana and Milner played out of their skins.

Klopp was right last game, keep the f*cking faith lads and he will make us into a force across Europe again. What a way to start the week!

Might also convince the MUPPETS that have constantly castigated Ayres and our owners that they actually deserve a massive amount of credit convincing Klopp to come to LFC !!!! Who was it that said they lacked ambition ???
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby eds » Sun Nov 22, 2015 11:16 am

4-1 and you are picking pointless arguments again.

If you and the cultists had what you wanted we would be talking about another dismal defeat with the snake oil merchant in charge. But sooner or later he would "turn things around hey"......

I have already praised the owners for bringing in Klopp but still holding my breath on whether they will back him in the transfer market without this whole moneyball or transfer committee mumbo jumbo.

Unlike you I haven't forgotten their mistake of bringing in Bodgers in the first place, selling Suarez, missing out on Sanchez and the countless other signings at the last minute, keeping the stenchful one for too long. And the list goes on. So they still have a lot to make up for.

But never let fact get in the way of good argument, especially when you have had one too many sips of the Kool Aid.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby parchpea » Sun Nov 22, 2015 1:48 pm

What a great game and tactical master class, absolutely superb.

Our biggest problem isn't playing away from home against anybody but beating poor teams at home who set up to defend.

If Klopp  can crack that age old problem then we will start to see Liverpool in and amongst the top 4 without question.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Sun Nov 22, 2015 2:36 pm

Eds..... STFU. Put bitterness to one side and enjoy the fun whilst it lasts.  ;-)
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Nov 22, 2015 7:42 pm

parchpea » Sun Nov 22, 2015 12:48 pm wrote:What a great game and tactical master class, absolutely superb.

Our biggest problem isn't playing away from home against anybody but beating poor teams at home who set up to defend.

If Klopp  can crack that age old problem then we will start to see Liverpool in and amongst the top 4 without question.

In theory that's where Benteke's ariel prowess should come into its own, to be fair though he can't score off scraps and we really need to work on our crossing which has been substandard for a while now. Even our corners are shyte.
If we can master the art of putting quality balls into the box though then I'm sure over the course of 90 minutes the big fella will get on the end of at least one of them.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby LFC1990 » Sun Nov 22, 2015 10:19 pm

Weve just beaten citeh away 4-1 so really thats all we should be talking about however the problem of beating teams who set up to defend at anfield wasnt a problem when we had Suarez and Sturridge in top form so i believe it is just a lack of quality relying on Bentekes aerial prowess makes me feel that we should be pumping balls into the box and avert away from our game plan. Teams especially at Anfield should be thinking for 90 minutes how to stop us tearing them apart not us thinking whats our plan B

You never need a plan B if Plan A is on form

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon Nov 23, 2015 1:00 am

Typical, I go to a wedding and end up missing one of our best performances under our new gaffer. Anyone got links to the goals? Missed the lot... :glare:
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ethanr » Mon Nov 23, 2015 1:40 am

http://www.espnfc.us/video/premier-leag ... -liverpool

If that doesn't work, just got to soccernet.com and look through their highlights section.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby Santa » Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:19 am

woof woof ! » Sat Nov 21, 2015 8:43 pm wrote:Confused, some are mentioning "Sterling" , did he play today ???    :D   :D   :D

Same could be said of the mighthy DeBruyne. tbh I actually have to refer to the team sheet again just to be sure LOL  :laugh:
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:54 am

eds » Sun Nov 22, 2015 10:16 am wrote:4-1 and you are picking pointless arguments again.

If you and the cultists had what you wanted we would be talking about another dismal defeat with the snake oil merchant in charge. But sooner or later he would "turn things around hey"......

I have already praised the owners for bringing in Klopp but still holding my breath on whether they will back him in the transfer market without this whole moneyball or transfer committee mumbo jumbo.

Unlike you I haven't forgotten their mistake of bringing in Bodgers in the first place, selling Suarez, missing out on Sanchez and the countless other signings at the last minute, keeping the stenchful one for too long. And the list goes on. So they still have a lot to make up for.

But never let fact get in the way of good argument, especially when you have had one too many sips of the Kool Aid.

Eds if you don't want people to respond then I suggest that you don't litter your posts with I'm right and everybody else is wrong statements !!

Nine of the starting eleven players against City (and nearly the same number against Chelsea) were actually bought by Rogers, the buying committee, Ayres and the owners !! And so was most of the bench in both games. AS YOU SAY LETS JUST IGNORE THE FACTS...... Yes it was time for Rogers to go. Tactically and motivationally he seemed to have fallen off the graph but unlike you I am not going to simply dismiss some of his successes which unlike you I can remember !!! Every football club makes mistakes. Liverpool's history since 1990 is littered with them.It is just a great shame that you feel the need to refer to OUR once manager as a snake oil salesman, the stench full one and a fraud.

Was Firmino a moneyball transfer ? Was Carroll ? Was Suarez at the time he was purchased ?

I was never a massive fan of Rogers (as an individual I actual loathe the guy) but you know I support the team warts and all and would never actually drag myself down to your levels of criticism. You have never given Rogers one ounce of credit for nearly winning the league and building a team that played some of the most exciting football ever witnessed by the fans.Simply putting the success all down to Suarez and Sturridge is similar to suggesting that Rafa had nothing to do with winning the 2005 CL and that it as all down to Gerrard !!

And there you go again with the selling Suarez garbage! How many times have I asked you to explain how the club could actually have persuaded him to stay? You seem absolutely incapable of providing a meaningful answer.

Missing out on Sanchez was down to Geography as much as anything else and it was the club that failed to close the deal - NOT ROGERS !! Wether you like it or not London is a major attraction to a lot of top foreign players.Rogers could not be held responsible by any half reasonable fan for some signings failing at the last minute.
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby algymoon » Mon Nov 23, 2015 4:06 pm

An excellent win, every player did play very well and this win was overdue. Good luck for Thursday game.
algymoon

Postby devaney » Mon Nov 23, 2015 4:43 pm

algymoon » Mon Nov 23, 2015 3:06 pm wrote:An excellent win, every player did play very well and this win was overdue. Good luck for Thursday game.

Thought Firmino had an excellent game and really should have scored more goals !! I was amazed at your recent assessment of this lad?
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby eds » Tue Nov 24, 2015 12:16 am

devaney » Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:54 am wrote:
eds » Sun Nov 22, 2015 10:16 am wrote:4-1 and you are picking pointless arguments again.

Eds if you don't want people to respond then I suggest that you don't litter your posts with I'm right and everybody else is wrong statements !!

Nine of the starting eleven players against City (and nearly the same number against Chelsea) were actually bought by Rogers, the buying committee, Ayres and the owners !! And so was most of the bench in both games. AS YOU SAY LETS JUST IGNORE THE FACTS...... Yes it was time for Rogers to go. Tactically and motivationally he seemed to have fallen off the graph but unlike you I am not going to simply dismiss some of his successes which unlike you I can remember !!! Every football club makes mistakes. Liverpool's history since 1990 is littered with them.It is just a great shame that you feel the need to refer to OUR once manager as a snake oil salesman, the stench full one and a fraud.

Was Firmino a moneyball transfer ? Was Carroll ? Was Suarez at the time he was purchased ?

I was never a massive fan of Rogers (as an individual I actual loathe the guy) but you know I support the team warts and all and would never actually drag myself down to your levels of criticism. You have never given Rogers one ounce of credit for nearly winning the league and building a team that played some of the most exciting football ever witnessed by the fans.Simply putting the success all down to Suarez and Sturridge is similar to suggesting that Rafa had nothing to do with winning the 2005 CL and that it as all down to Gerrard !!

And there you go again with the selling Suarez garbage! How many times have I asked you to explain how the club could actually have persuaded him to stay? You seem absolutely incapable of providing a meaningful answer.

Missing out on Sanchez was down to Geography as much as anything else and it was the club that failed to close the deal - NOT ROGERS !! Wether you like it or not London is a major attraction to a lot of top foreign players.Rogers could not be held responsible by any half reasonable fan for some signings failing at the last minute.

You always seem to focus on who is right and who is wrong. I personally don't give a s**t about that. All I care about is seeing my club move forward.

The thing that drives me bananas is so called "fans" and their acceptance of mediocrity and not having the ba.ll.s to call out bulls.hit when it's as plain as their nose on their face. Personally I despise incompetence and I have seen enough of it here at the club that I love and supported all my life, that it's these feeble arguments I have with you that epitomizes where we are as a football club.

Rodgers was a fraud, a charlatan, a snake oil merchandise peddler. And FSG and Ayre could NOT SEE THIS when they brought him in, which makes me question THEM and their own judgement. Even worse when it was obvious that he needed to go at the end of last season they still kept him?!?  I will NEVER give him that season that you and the rest of the cultists so desperately cling on to. It was down to Suarez's amazing record-breaking season and Sturridge's goal scoring that propelled us into a stratosphere, that we as a collective aren't use to. Rodgers showed his true colours when he played Chelsea in that fateful game. A pitiful fraud completely and utterly out of his depth and Maureen simply out thought him on the day leading us to LOSE the title we should have won. He showed it again in Europe and he showed again it with the shower of s**t he brought to this club in his tenure. Rafa had his flaws, but was never a flash in the pan. The man won us a f**king CL, a FA Cup, finalists in another CL final and also came close to winning us the title. All in an era where Chelsea and United reigned supreme. How you can compare this gimp to Benitez, is beyond me? Rafa achieved things, Rodgers has never and will never ACHIEVE anything in his life. Klopp in a handful of games has used the exact players Rodgers brought in to humiliate Chelsea and Man City AWAY. Something which Rodgers struggled to do in his three seasons in charge.  :laugh:

Hope I have summarised what I mean by "the acceptance of mediocrity" for you?

And now to your last point that you continually make and are completely wrong about as well. You always seem to focus on when I whinge but seem to completely ignore all the praise I heap on our players, the decision this club has made in appointing Klopp and the immense positivity that this brings. Mark my words Klopp will win us the league once he is given license to bring in his own players, he is that good. Hope that doesn't shatter your myopic view of the world and how you label people part of the "whinge committee" or whatever other nonsensical one dimensional garbage you sprout.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games