Liverpool vs Wolves: FA Cup 4th rnd - Sat 28th

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby aCe' » Sat Jan 28, 2017 5:35 pm

Easy cowboys, it's only the FA cup. Never want us to lose a game but this squad can't handle more than one competition imo. Win the next couple in the league and that's the cracks papered over nicely.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Jan 28, 2017 5:37 pm

Klopp is world class. Simple. He'll sort this out, I'm sure, and we'll move on.

Crying for Rafa to come back and wanting to hound our manager out everytime things get sticky isn't the way forward.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Doeboy » Sat Jan 28, 2017 6:19 pm

Worrying thing for me is that after the Swansea defeat, Klopp would have been looking for a reaction from the players on Wednesday night at Southampton but didn't get it. Although it was a vastly changed team today, again I didn't see a reaction from the players to say we've lost 2 at home in a row, we are going to go out there and put things right. I've said it before and i'll say it again, the lack of leaders is a worry in this team. When Gerrard and Carra were about, I wonder how they would have reacted to the defeat at Swansea? They would have been gone out on Wednesday and lifted everyone around them to get out there and make sure you get the win. I really want to see a home grown player or two come through for that reason.

These set of players are good time players. When everything is going well and everyone is on form and we are scoring like it's going out of fashion, let the good times roll. When adversity sets in and we are struggling with our attacking game and things are not flowing, i'm not too sure there is enough out there to roll up their sleeves, dig in and say 'Right, we are going not going to lose this and will find a way to win'
Doeboy

Postby kazza » Sat Jan 28, 2017 6:32 pm

Bitterly disappointing! All I can think of is here we go again   :glare:
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Jan 28, 2017 6:53 pm

7_Kewell » Sat Jan 28, 2017 4:37 pm wrote:Klopp is world class. Simple. He'll sort this out, I'm sure, and we'll move on.

Crying for Rafa to come back and wanting to hound our manager out everytime things get sticky isn't the way forward.

The fans calling for Rafa would soon turn on him if he couldn't repeat the heroics of his first spell. The truth is that we've got nowhere left to go, we've tried giving the job to old hands in Kenny and Roy, we tried a young up and coming manager in Brendan then we went down the route of bringing in a big name so where do fans want us to turn to now? Who could do a better job than Jurgen? Who could get more out of this particular group of players than him? The answer is nobody.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Jan 28, 2017 7:15 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Jan 28, 2017 5:53 pm wrote:
7_Kewell » Sat Jan 28, 2017 4:37 pm wrote:Klopp is world class. Simple. He'll sort this out, I'm sure, and we'll move on.

The fans calling for Rafa would soon turn on him if he couldn't repeat the heroics of his first spell. The truth is that we've got nowhere left to go, we've tried giving the job to old hands in Kenny and Roy, we tried a young up and coming manager in Brendan then we went down the route of bringing in a big name so where do fans want us to turn to now? Who could do a better job than Jurgen? Who could get more out of this particular group of players than him? The answer is nobody.

Rafa has just had his ***** handed to him by the mighty Oxford Utd. While I'll always appreciate what he did here, I don't want him back.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Sat Jan 28, 2017 7:28 pm

Im just baffled. Last year our squad was weaker than now but we still managed to have a decent cup runs. We are meant to beat teams like this easily.
Well wolves knew how shyte we are and thought lets take advantage.

Credit to Wolves, well done!

A loss against Chelsea will royally feck us.
I can't remember the last time we had 3 defeats consecutively at home.
3 friggin defeats at Anfield. Pathetic!
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Sat Jan 28, 2017 7:50 pm

By the way that Costa lad seems good. Very quick.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby JC_81 » Sat Jan 28, 2017 8:29 pm

Its just a complete s##tstorm at the moment.

Too many out of form, no confidence but my main worry is that tactically we are being done every game. Sit deep, defend centrally and break down the flanks vacated by our high up fullbacks and likely you'll beat us given our goals have dried up.

I think Sturridge and Lucas are done. Legs are gone. Need to go this summer.

Klopp will fix this and once we get Mane, Coutinho and Lallana on the pitch together with Matip back we'll be laughing and with no cups we should make top 4. Title looking out of the question for now.

Squad needs beefing for next season though. TAA, Woodburn, Wilson and Ejaria look real players to me but we need experience on the bench too. Not sure about Ojo, Randall, Stewart, Gomez or even Origi in the long run.

Put it this way things cant get much worse than they are now!! Im backing us to bounce back with a good show v Chelsea but think it will be a draw.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Doeboy » Sat Jan 28, 2017 8:35 pm

redshade » Sat Jan 28, 2017 6:50 pm wrote:By the way that Costa lad seems good. Very quick.

Done well for them. Problem is, with the way we struggle against the counter attack, anyone with pace is going to cause us problems and look great against us
Doeboy

Postby redshade » Sat Jan 28, 2017 8:40 pm

Maybe its a blessing in disguise and we go on a mad run in the prem.
Playing only once a week now which will suit us.
Others will be playong twice especially the teams in europe.
Lol im just trying soo hard to be optimisitc now.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Doeboy » Sat Jan 28, 2017 8:51 pm

We look so exposed on the counter. Need to sort it out against Chelsea as they are really good on the counter and dreading the likes of Hazard, Willian, Pedro etc running at us on the counter. I think Klopp will set us up more conservatively even though we are at home. In the form we are in, not sure it would be wise to go in all guns blazing against a side who are sitting top, in great form and a very good counter attacking side. Emphasis definitely needs to be on a more organised, solid performance. Problem is, it's bit of a catch 22 because any feint hope of being in for the title will surely be gone if we don't beat them
Doeboy

Postby leeroy74 » Sat Jan 28, 2017 10:37 pm

Nine changes.  WRONG
playing Karius in net.  WRONG
Zonal marking.  WRONG
repeating the same game plan that's seen us lose too many already.  WRONG
making a sub at half time.  CORRECT

What a f*cking mess
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby parchpea » Sat Jan 28, 2017 10:42 pm

Honestly I have never booed anyone but I understand the desperation, Liverpool repeat failure and its astonishing.

Klopp is a relatively new and a manager up there as the most respected in the world but this poor run would be enough to pull the trigger on his tenure at some clubs, fans feel we are lucky to have Klopp but he's fortunate to have us, without question the most understanding, patient, and loyal fanbase in the world, bar none.

To me Liverpool offers fake ambition, talks tough but isn't prepared to go the whole way or risk anything, a bottle job club operating on a minimum spend but using clever PR to dupe fans and its about time we stood up to FSG and Klopp if thats what it takes.

I do think that Klopp knows we need a lot of new blood hence why he tried for Draxler and Brandt this window but as usual the club cant get anything over the line, the 6 year contract silences Klopp and that's exactly why FSG gave him that security but these guys need removing from Anfield, I am more convinced than ever and we should focus on displacing the owners in the same way Gillett and Hicks where ousted.

We are going absolutely nowhere under FSG and its about time they moved on and allowed Liverpool the opportunity to be great again.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby Penguins » Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:48 pm

I just love how FSG gets a pass in any critique at all. Worst trophy haul under an ownership ever.
Spends nothing on wages compared to rivals, spends almost no money in the windows.
Leads to a very thin squad that can't handle many absentees at all.
If someone missed it, YOU CAN'T PLAY THE SAME 11 WEEK IN WEEK OUT ANYMORE!
Look at the squads of our rivals. Their 15th man has a wage of 50 k and was bought for 10 million.
Our 15th man has a wage of 5 k and comes right out of the youth team.

There is NO WAY we get any better with someone other than Klopp the way FSG has set us up.
Penguins
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games