LIVERPOOL vs West Ham

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby killerp » Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:02 am

That was a fooking frustrating display, we may have to lower our already low expectations.
killerp

Postby Green Environment » Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:29 am

I believe our players' qualities are as good as any of the top 4 but they were clueless and lack cohesion yesterday. The manager is the one who is not good enough. BR got the Liverpool job too soon as an unproven mid table manager last year and now we're paying the price. Did you all see how brilliant Chelsea under Rafa played against the black cats? They were absolutely fantastic. The owners must look into re-appointing Rafa after he looses his job in the summer. His heart is still at Liverpool and I would love to see him back. BR also has a peculiar habit of going back to his old club to sign their players, now he's looking into Vorm and Williams. Under BR, this current campaign is over and as long as we finish above WBA and Swansea that is good enough for a mid table manager. Next season I won't expect any improvements under this fella and especially if we lose Suarez.

I don't think FSG will ever want Rafa back. He's not a yes man. Anyway, let them stick with their BR and see what they will do to him when his contract expires in 2 years time.
Green Environment
LFC Basic Member

Postby Green Environment » Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:51 am

killerp » Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:02 am wrote:That was a fooking frustrating display, we may have to lower our already low expectations.

You're right, as long as we have FSG as owners and their man BR in charge, we'll have to aim for a 7th place finish every season.
Green Environment
LFC Basic Member

Postby Reg » Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:08 am

How is that mate, can you explain? What has BR done wrong this season, or done any worse than say Rafa, MON or Wenger?
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boocity » Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:54 am

Green Environment » Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:29 am wrote: Did you all see how brilliant Chelsea under Rafa played against the black cats? They were absolutely fantastic.

Best you go and support them then, I would never call another prem team 'brilliant or fantastic' :no
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:05 am

Boocity » Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:54 am wrote:
Green Environment » Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:29 am wrote: Did you all see how brilliant Chelsea under Rafa played against the black cats? They were absolutely fantastic.

Best you go and support them then, I would never call another prem team 'brilliant or fantastic' :no

He most likely already does.

The thing with most WUMs is they can only keep their disguise secret for a while. He tried his hardest but showed his true colours eventually.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Green Environment » Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:25 am

Have to give credit when credit is due. So fans of relegation battling sides like QPR should never call any of the top PL sides brilliant then? Look at the table, it doesn't lie.  Liverpool are no longer the world football super power that we were, manure won 25 out of their 30 PL games , 15 points ahead of City and we won 13 out of 32, that unfortunately make them much much better than us if I'm not allowed to say they've had a brilliant or fantastic season. Just because we are Liverpool and were a great club doesn't mean we have the licence to be called the best club in Britain forever and no one is better than us if our league standing indicates something else.
Green Environment
LFC Basic Member

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:52 am

Hey listen, I appreciate everything rafa did when he managed our club under the worst conditions any Liverpool manager has had to endure, but you can hardly say his record at Chelsea has been amazing??

BR is trying to build us back up, you may not have noticed but our last few seasons we havent been pulling up trees either!

If you are a true Liverpool fan you will afford him some time and give him your support, not try and get rid after only one season where we are actually improving. but maybe you want FSG to just splash out on all the worlds best players and put us back into the sort of debt that nearly killed us off only a few years ago!

Get real - this is not football manager, this is slowly building in each transfer window and moving the club forward.

My only concern with FSG and BR is that it is obvious to me that we need some more experience in our team, lets hope in the summer we buy some players that can bring that to our very young, yet promising, squad.
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby Benny The Noon » Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:55 am

Rafa wont be our manager again - last summer would have been the time to appoint him but they went for a different way with BR. They wont give up on that for a good couple years yet
Benny The Noon

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:20 am

13 wins out of 32 isnt great it has to be said.
but before the southampton game there was a stat that pointed out that if the season had started on november 1st we`d be in 3rd place.
in other words over a 5/6 month period we showed we could compete with the top clubs in terms of amassing points.
hopefully next season we will do our business early and wont be left with a paper thin squad for half the campaign and maybe the fixture computer will be a bit kinder to us as well.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby only me » Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:09 am

SouthCoastShankly » Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:05 am wrote:

He most likely already does.

The thing with most WUMs is they can only keep their disguise secret for a while. He tried his hardest but showed his true colours eventually.

Do you consider yourself as some kind of a Mega Fan? The Utopic version of a Liverpool fan? where do you guys have the nerve to call off other fans ,dismiss them or insult them just because they voice their different opinion? As long as he is happy when we win and he is sad/upset when we lose then it should be the minimal expectation for being a fan. Stop bullying the boards or the stands.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:22 pm

Do one mate.

I consider this comment a wind up

You're right, as long as we have FSG as owners and their man BR in charge, we'll have to aim for a 7th place finish every season.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:36 pm

That view maybe drastic but it won't be far from the truth.

BR is a manager with minimal track record of success and the owners have so far failed to convince in their ownership.

I can't see us challenging for titles with them. Even top 4 could be beyond us for a considerable time.
Benny The Noon

Postby only me » Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:03 pm

Benny The Noon » Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:36 am wrote:That view maybe drastic but it won't be far from the truth.

BR is a manager with minimal track record of success and the owners have so far failed to convince in their ownership.

I can't see us challenging for titles with them. Even top 4 could be beyond us for a considerable time.

Liverpool 2013 can't afford any of the "big" names ,and we don't have the funds to battle the likes of Manchester's and Chelsea's ,so what do we do? We carefully pick a talented manager (and BR fit's the profile) ,carefully pick new talents (partial success here) and with the backing of the crowd make our assault on the top 4.
The owners gave more then enough for us to do something ,we just need to make better usage of it.
I can at least understand what BR is aiming at ,his football philosophy is positive ,give him time he will succeed.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby LFC1990 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:58 pm

After 32 games

2012 / 2013 49 points
2011/2012   43 points
2010/2011  45 points
2009/2010 54 points
2008/2009 70 points

Each season we have got worse until this season where we have increased out points total after 32 games.

The board manager whoever it was made a mistake in the summer transfer window and Liverpool FC paid for it as a whole.

We had a very terrible start to the season, Brendans first season, We have shown this season we can play against the big boys.

We beat Tottenham at Anfield We drew with City home and away We drew with Arsenal, Chelsea and Everton all away and Still have Everton and Chelsea to come to Anfield.

We have lost 9 games this season

Only 4 of them came against temas higher than us.

The other 5

Southampton Away
Stoke Away
Villa Home
West brom home and away

Im sure noone on this place will say we arent better than the likes of WBA or Stoke or Swansea. Well they are the teams that we struggle to beat.

To be the best in this league you need to play to beat everyone no matter who is the opponent many times this season against teams below us we have played very por and suffered

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games