Liverpool vs west ham - 27-02-11

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby metalhead » Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:54 pm

Thommo's perm wrote:
metalhead wrote:Here is a thought to the mods to add a new rule to this place

anyone discussing Roy or Rafa not in their respective threads needs to be banned ASAP

sounds harsh?

:D

Good
Because you'll be one of the first to go
:eyebrow

oh no... :(
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:55 pm

Greavesie wrote:
Thommo's perm wrote:
Greavesie wrote:I think we can say with a bit of certainty that we won't make fourth due to how sh!t we were at the start of the season - I do believe Roy was our manager at the time.

and Nanny said - the players are to blame and only them....

Anyways forget all of that sh!te Kenny's the boss and Kenny's the boy, regardless of what went on before him he hasn't even been in the job two months and I think he's made the world of difference (bar today blah blah blah). I can't wait to see what he can do over a full season starting fresh

It was not, and is not impossible for us to make 4th. Yes it is a massive ask and previous results have had a negative effect.
But we were not too far away after all that has happened and could have been in touching distance had we done what was expected today. We didnt and suddenly it was never on because of Hodgson.
KK has turned us round. Fact. And with Carroll maybe, just maybe we can push for 4th. But to use Hodgson as the excuse every time we have a cu'nt of a performance is daft. We should have won. We didnt. KK must take he blame the same as he takes the credit.
At least we can agree about that?
???

course we can. Everyone will look at the individuals involved in today's defeat.

what made us lose today is Kenny's and the players fault, nobody will excuse otherwise

A season is over 38 games - of which Hodgson had half - surely he has some resposibility towards where we finish? Surely we can agree on that as well

who is to blame for todays defeat is one thing and who is to blame for where we finish is another

Ah. You are right
The key word is "some"
Not all the blame can be Hodgsons, as some would make out.
As Ive said, up to this game we were in with a great shout, but the performance, desire and attitude were woeful
Thommo's perm

Postby worcester_red » Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:56 pm

Awful display, all the lads should be made to hand back their wages because today they didn't earn it. There was only set of players with any drive and passion and that was West Ham. If I was King Kenny I would give them the mother of all training sessions tomorrow as punishment. Blaming Rafa or Roy for today result is ludicrous, our players irrespective of how rubbish some of them are should be able to beat West Ham.
worcester_red

Postby Greavesie » Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:00 pm

Thommo's perm wrote:
Greavesie wrote:
Thommo's perm wrote:
Greavesie wrote:I think we can say with a bit of certainty that we won't make fourth due to how sh!t we were at the start of the season - I do believe Roy was our manager at the time.

and Nanny said - the players are to blame and only them....

Anyways forget all of that sh!te Kenny's the boss and Kenny's the boy, regardless of what went on before him he hasn't even been in the job two months and I think he's made the world of difference (bar today blah blah blah). I can't wait to see what he can do over a full season starting fresh

It was not, and is not impossible for us to make 4th. Yes it is a massive ask and previous results have had a negative effect.
But we were not too far away after all that has happened and could have been in touching distance had we done what was expected today. We didnt and suddenly it was never on because of Hodgson.
KK has turned us round. Fact. And with Carroll maybe, just maybe we can push for 4th. But to use Hodgson as the excuse every time we have a cu'nt of a performance is daft. We should have won. We didnt. KK must take he blame the same as he takes the credit.
At least we can agree about that?
???

course we can. Everyone will look at the individuals involved in today's defeat.

what made us lose today is Kenny's and the players fault, nobody will excuse otherwise

A season is over 38 games - of which Hodgson had half - surely he has some resposibility towards where we finish? Surely we can agree on that as well

who is to blame for todays defeat is one thing and who is to blame for where we finish is another

Ah. You are right
The key word is "some"
Not all the blame can be Hodgsons, as some would make out.
As Ive said, up to this game we were in with a great shout, but the performance, desire and attitude were woeful

you think we had a great shout for fourth?

This is where me and you disagree, it was a massive ask to think Chelsea and Spurs were going to drop 9 points and use win all our matches.

Honestly, I was clutching onto the idea of it happening but realistically it was never really on the cards imo. We've never put a decent run together this season except lately and I never truly expected it to last the full season

what I will say tho if you believe it was possible then Kenny must have done you the world of good in believing in this side because before Kenny it was never going to happen  :D

we had a chance I agree but 'great', no. It was slim, never more
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby Thommo's perm » Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:04 pm

If we'd have won today, the skanks won on tuesday, and we beat them next sunday it could have all been withing our grasp.
Not impossible, but a great effort would have been needed.
Today put a spanner in the works, but we keep going. Andy Carroll will be the saviour...
Thommo's perm

Postby tubby » Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:10 pm

We need a result against the mancs to get back on track.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:19 pm

tubby wrote:We need a result against the mancs to get back on track.

By what Ive seen of the cu'nts weve got every chance of beating them
Thommo's perm

Postby tubby » Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:38 pm

Thommo's perm wrote:

Sickening how bad they have been this season and yet will end up winning the league.  :no

Carrol will have Vidic and Smalling in his pocket.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Zidane » Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:04 pm

Just finished watching the match, I thought Stevie was awful I was expecting him to play much better than he did he gave the ball away so many times it was unreal.  Two games now where our subs were forced due to injury, I can't wait till Carroll is fit because N'gog is sh!t.  Suarez shot that was saved and the play he made for the goal was class.  He and Johnson were the only two players that played well throughout.
Zidane

Postby lakes10 » Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:26 pm

on a side not, it will be sad when they pull upton park down, it a nice ground, old football ground, a real football ground like ours..
love how close your are to the game, ok not as close as you once were but that due to the seats.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:34 pm

Thommo's perm wrote:

agree that we need a result against them and we will probably do it because we are at home and after that display today they will owe it to the fans to at least turn up.
thing is with the skanks though they have played almost as bad as we did today many times this season and they still get the 3 points.
we got hammered(no pun intended) by a bottom side today and  had no answer,we got ourselves back in it and we should have kept up the momentum for a second and instead we concede another to finish us off.they would have succeeded in equalising and probably get a decision somewhere along the line to help them win it.
if we do beat them it will be through hard work and pride and a much better performance than what we gave today
:nod
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby The Good Yank » Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:44 pm

The bickering over whose fault it is/will be/was, where we finish doesn't mean a damn thing.  I think one of the biggest attributes of Kenny is the  mantra of "all working together for the cause"

I'm sure at the end of the season if he is asked, he will say something along the lines of Liverpool FC are responsible for finishing where Liverpool FC finish.
s@int - 13 December 2009

I won't celebrate Rafa going........ but I will be over the moon if Dalglish comes in. League within 2 years if he gets the job, AND YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT.
The Good Yank
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:46 pm

Greavesie wrote:This is where me and you disagree, it was a massive ask to think Chelsea and Spurs were going to drop 9 points and use win all our matches.

Honestly, I was clutching onto the idea of it happening but realistically it was never really on the cards imo. We've never put a decent run together this season except lately and I never truly expected it to last the full season

what I will say tho if you believe it was possible then Kenny must have done you the world of good in believing in this side because before Kenny it was never going to happen  :D

we had a chance I agree but 'great', no. It was slim, never more

good post and spot on greavsie.
although my heart would never give up thinking we couldnt still make 4th my rational side echoes what you posted.

we've been our own worst enemy this season.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Alex88 » Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:52 pm

red till i die!! wrote:we've been our own worst enemy this season.

yes, unfortunately
Alex88

Postby centarec » Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:04 pm

I only watched the second half ( and 5 mins of the first) and from what i saw , we weren't terrible .. We weren't good but not as bad as people are saying.  you have to give credit to the West Ham team .. THis was probably their best performance this season
centarec

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games