Liverpool vs West Brom

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Dec 13, 2015 7:13 pm

F**king hell we only had to beat two poor sides in Newcastle and West Brom and we'd be right in the title race now, as it is we are halfway down the league  :(
We just can't keep throwing points away by conceding cheap goals from set pieces week after week, I think it's time to give Bogdan a go, Mingolet occasionally makes some stunning saves but opposition teams are targeting him now, they see him as our Achilles heel.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby johnbarnes » Sun Dec 13, 2015 7:17 pm

If you can't cry, then laugh!
Attachments
100199.jpg
100199.jpg (35.42 KiB) Viewed 1471 times
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Sun Dec 13, 2015 7:42 pm

We knew this would happen. To be honest its typical of us to not take advantage of others loss of points.
Benteke did okay but i find Origi a better option, his more agile.

I knew the only way Wba will score is through set pieces and thats what happened.

I think mignolet is on crack or something. He makes some bizarre decisions at times.

We are pathetic at home. I think we should put on a massive slogan that says
"If you want points come to Anfield. 1 or 3 Guaranteed"
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Dec 13, 2015 8:00 pm

redshade » Sun Dec 13, 2015 6:42 pm wrote:We knew this would happen. To be honest its typical of us to not take advantage of others loss of points.

I knew the only way Wba will score is through set pieces and thats what happened.

I think mignolet is on crack or something. He makes some bizarre decisions at times.

I wouldn't mind a cheap 'Soto' type signing in January, a hard as nails CB who's not the best footballer in the world but great in the air and very handy against sides like these.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby C-R » Sun Dec 13, 2015 8:01 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Dec 13, 2015 8:00 pm wrote:
redshade » Sun Dec 13, 2015 6:42 pm wrote:We knew this would happen. To be honest its typical of us to not take advantage of others loss of points.

I wouldn't mind a cheap 'Soto' type signing in January, a hard as nails CB who's not the best footballer in the world but great in the air and very handy against sides like these.

Being very heavily linked with Neven Subotić
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Dec 13, 2015 8:12 pm

In years gone by we'd have relied on Gerrard, Owen or Suarez to pull us out of this, but we don't have any world class players anymore to do that.

I'm sure Klopp and his team know that we're lacking in quality all over the field and I'm confident they'll rectify it, but I'm growing more than a bit worried about a few of our big money players, especially Benteke
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Sun Dec 13, 2015 8:23 pm

Imo Benteke does not fit to Klopps style at all. Like i said before his good for option B but i wouldn't want to rely on him.
32 Million, unbelievable!
Thank you BR for this fine squad.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Dec 13, 2015 8:30 pm

I don't ever want to see Benteke starting again ,and why he was backing into his own goalkeeper I will never know ,maybe if he pressured the opponents custodian it might be more effective  ???  I thought he was the worse player on the pitch by a country fucking mile ,pundits are saying we need to feed him with balls into the box and more efficient crosses ,but today there was some superb wing play and I lost count of how many headers he squandered.

When he is shoehorned into this side all imaginative play goes out the window ,all my hopes of him integrating seamlessly into a potent attacking team have dissipated with these hapless performances ,we look devoid of ideas when he's on the pitch ,and we may as well just get our defenders to just launch balls straight to his bonce (it worked for West Brom ) and avoid the midfield completely because he looks like having less chance of forming a working relationship than Tyson Fury guesting at Pride.

I think we need to drop him for the lively Origi ,loved the new song btw "Divock the Kasbah"
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Sun Dec 13, 2015 8:35 pm

Our best performances we played Couts lallana Firminho as our main attacking threat. I would keep it that way until Studge is back, well for a moment or so.
Probably put Origi in the mix aswel.
Wouldn't want to start with Benteke.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Dec 13, 2015 9:03 pm

Another chance to gain points thrown away.  :down:
Mingolet is a mong and costs us yet again because he struggles to do the basics on crosses, Its been a problem with him since he first arrived and today was a reminder that we need to get someone better.

In the end it all comes back to the quality thats in the squad and we need to start moving some of them on.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby eds » Mon Dec 14, 2015 12:07 am

I said it last week WE DON'T HAVE THE PLAYERS to win a string of games.

Sorry but Benteke was woeful today, as bad as Heskey was in his last year with us. Too slow, too lumbersome and could hardly get off the ground when it mattered. 32m wasted  :no

Mignolet was back to his pathetic flappy bird standards and cost us the 3 points.

Can continues to frustrate, there is a decent player there but he NEEDS TO STOP F**KING GIVING AWAY THE BALL SO CHEAPLY.

The most glaring flaw we have is that there is hardly any creativity outside Coutinho.  Lallana is not the standard we need and we can only afford Henderson or Milner in the same side, not both.

And for those of you wanting Bogdon to replace Mignolet and Origi to replace Benteke, don't hold your breath, THEY AREN'T A VALID SOLUTION.

Let's just all be patient until January and wait for Jurgen to start bringing back some decent quality into the fold. As we despertely need it.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby ethanr » Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:40 am

Benteke has been atrocious the last few games. I was shocked Firmino didn't start considering how well he plays with Coutinho. Coutinho was trying to play with his quick one-two passing, and Firmino is the only other one who can really play that way with him. We conceded 3 times from set pieces.... 3 f*cking times! we were lucky the refs got the offside one correctly, but we need to get that figured out.

Another thing that is a serious problem is the fact that Benteke can't get fouls called for him. He doesn't go down easy, and for whatever reason he can't get calls. Their first goal came off a corner that came when Benteke was clearly fouled and couldn't get the call. It's breaking down our counter attacking plays all the time. That follow through on Lovren was dirty too.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby The_Rock » Mon Dec 14, 2015 3:03 am

Things will look much better if we consider this season as a write-off. Klopp can only do so much with a bunch of above average players who don't have the mental ability to play for a top team.

Milner, Lallana, Lovern, Benteke, Mig are so f**king butt-average.....it is unbeliveable.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby algymoon » Mon Dec 14, 2015 11:10 am

I failed to see the game, but what I have heard and expected it was a total Sh*t, and WBA were ropped of a convicing win.
Klopp is simply using the squad of the Sh*t BR which it most of a total Sh*t. No match winers, goal keeper who gives too many goals away due too many mistakes! He ought be dropped, No goal top scorer!, too many average players!.

The sooner Klopp break up this team and clear out BR's Sh*t players the better the team would be.
Another tough two games coming up, and if we lose both this will the end of this season for Liverpool to make its mark on the league poistion in top 6!
algymoon

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Dec 14, 2015 12:09 pm

The_Rock » Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:03 am wrote:Things will look much better if we consider this season as a write-off. Klopp can only do so much with a bunch of above average players who don't have the mental ability to play for a top team.

Milner, Lallana, Lovern, Benteke, Mig are so f**king butt-average.....it is unbeliveable.

I don't think Jurgen will have a better opportunity of winning the league in this country though, how often over the past 10/15 years have you seen the likes of Chelsea, United and City all looking so unconvincing all at the same time?
It wasn't as though we had to perform miracles to put ourselves in contention either, we only had to beat two average sides!
It wouldn't surprise me to see Guardiola at one of those clubs next year and Guardiola + big money will be a tough nut to crack, our players need to start finding ways to win.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games