LIVERPOOL vs UNIREA - 2nd leg 25th february 18.00 ko

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Sabre » Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:24 pm

NANNY RED wrote:Man of the match erm let me think.

:laugh: Any Sporting Lisbon player :laugh: Bitters are out  :laugh:  :laugh:

:D
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:32 pm

We got Lille. Glad we avoided Fernabache,
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby roberto green » Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:33 am

Liverpool-Valencia final you watch

THE Europa cup is the new Champions league

:D
roberto green

Postby Igor Zidane » Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:35 am

Liverpool go to Lille  and Everton go to Lidl .

Some bad bad  panicky farties in this thread , twas always under control . Well in redmen . And a special mention for babel . Well in Ryan yer dope .
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Igor Zidane » Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:43 am

Pete Price was spotted sprinting down Stanley Street after he heard the Everton squad were getting spanked in Lisbon.
UP THE PURPS !!!
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:47 am

Dundalk wrote:Is Aqua not even going to get a run out ???

I think with that pitch Aqua would have struggled. Apart from the fact we lost a defender and had to make changes, they were not the conditions that Aquilani's one touch passes need to excel. Worst pitch I have seen for a while.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:24 am

bavlondon wrote:We got Lille. Glad we avoided Fernabache,

I should start with stating that last night was the first time this season we've scored more than one goal in a cup game. Rafa's job is now safe!

I noticed that, Fenerbahce away would have been nay picnic, not that winning this tin pot Euro Disney League is anywhere near the top of my agenda and I cringe when Rafa talks about this cup and finishing fourth can go hand in hand - given our record after European nights and Rafa's history of prioritisation I'd say the opposite is more like to be true, we'll struggle more with a cup to distract

We had the breaks last night, having gone 0-1 down it took a rarity indeed to get us level and that broke Urine-A. Once we got the second we were coasting, they might have had the talent to score goals but for some reason they seemed reluctant to try and win the game. I found some of the subs a bit baffling, once we were effectively through I'd have taken Gerrard off, Benayoun as well given his recent injury and probably given Aquilani a 15 minute run out (not so sure about the last one, maybe wouldn't even have taken him)

A reasonable performance, good to see Babel start back to back games for the first time in a year although sticking with that two DM system still annoys me which disregards who the opposition are. We were more than likely going to need to score, Unirea might have beaten Sevilla who had qualified for the CL latter stages, but they never looked capable of beating a decent side by anything but 1-0. We should be more positive, if Rafa plays Lucas and Mascherano on Sunday I may have to find a grassy knoll and a sniper!

Well that was only our 18th win of the season, we need another 11 wins to beat our 2004/05 tally of 29. We should get past Lille, but it might still be tight. We have a potential 18 more games, if we go out in or before the QFs then this would be our shortest season in terms of games played - we played just 55 last season, we are on 39 for this season with 11 league games to go.

Bring on Blackburn, :censored: to the Euro Disney League
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Igor Zidane » Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:38 am

Owzat wrote:
bavlondon wrote:We got Lille. Glad we avoided Fernabache,

I should start with stating that last night was the first time this season we've scored more than one goal in a cup game. Rafa's job is now safe!

I noticed that, Fenerbahce away would have been nay picnic, not that winning this tin pot Euro Disney League is anywhere near the top of my agenda and I cringe when Rafa talks about this cup and finishing fourth can go hand in hand - given our record after European nights and Rafa's history of prioritisation I'd say the opposite is more like to be true, we'll struggle more with a cup to distract

We had the breaks last night, having gone 0-1 down it took a rarity indeed to get us level and that broke Urine-A. Once we got the second we were coasting, they might have had the talent to score goals but for some reason they seemed reluctant to try and win the game. I found some of the subs a bit baffling, once we were effectively through I'd have taken Gerrard off, Benayoun as well given his recent injury and probably given Aquilani a 15 minute run out (not so sure about the last one, maybe wouldn't even have taken him)

A reasonable performance, good to see Babel start back to back games for the first time in a year although sticking with that two DM system still annoys me which disregards who the opposition are. We were more than likely going to need to score, Unirea might have beaten Sevilla who had qualified for the CL latter stages, but they never looked capable of beating a decent side by anything but 1-0. We should be more positive, if Rafa plays Lucas and Mascherano on Sunday I may have to find a grassy knoll and a sniper!

Well that was only our 18th win of the season, we need another 11 wins to beat our 2004/05 tally of 29. We should get past Lille, but it might still be tight. We have a potential 18 more games, if we go out in or before the QFs then this would be our shortest season in terms of games played - we played just 55 last season, we are on 39 for this season with 11 league games to go.

Bring on Blackburn, :censored: to the Euro Disney League

The subs , carra is carrying a knock so kelly was obvious , Skrtle no brainer and Yossi has only just come back so again no brainer . Subs were spot on last night imo . We p!ssed the game last night , we won comfortably and your still not happy .

Anyway got to love this fella .

UP THE PURPS !!!
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:01 am

Well in Masch  :cool:

By the way...Lille are no mugs. Commentators on ESPN HD were tw@ts (Champion and Waddle)  :glare:  No surprises...

Oh and bye bye bitters!

Thats all.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby devaney » Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:17 am

Did anybody back Liverpool in play when they were losing 1-0 to be winning at half and full time. The odds were 14-1 and like a prat I chickened out. We looked ok after they scored! If only - if only!
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby only me » Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:26 am

Well solid win but for me a sad display and a reality check of our team and system.

I'm not a fan of the result oriented mindset ,don't believe in it i think in the long run playing for a result will cost you...I look for performance ,i look for heart passion and love for the game those will guarentee a succesfull team for years to come.

Yesterday Rafa spirit and ideology rested nicely on the team ,we played conservative secured the result we needed but that's it, i mean we didn't look as close to scoring till we conceeded and after we practicly secured the result we didn't do any effort to press on ,play positive football entertain the fans nor play for your own joy ,i mean there we were at 60 minute with an unpassable goal margin and the lads stayed in positions secured the ball no effort whatsoever to play on ,to me they were suffering obeying Rafa and wasting time.

This attitude is depressing ,if the players lack the will to play positive to show love for the game than fck it all ,Rafa Spirit is killing the team.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:49 am

IF we win it we clearly have to ironically sing "We are the champions, champions of Europe" next season
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby shawnk » Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:58 am

Didn't understand the kick from Skyrtel that got himself the injury, could have stayed on the ground and side footed the ball to prevent the injury. We were winning comfortably at that point so I really didn't understand him.
shawnk

Postby heimdall » Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:06 pm

I didn't get to watch the game, yes I know that makes me a terrible fan, but very happy with the win and also happy that we managed to score more than 1 goal in a game.
heimdall

Postby GRAHAM01 » Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:14 pm

heimdall wrote:I didn't get to watch the game, yes I know that makes me a terrible fan, but very happy with the win and also happy that we managed to score more than 1 goal in a game.

and you call yourself a fan  :D  :rasp
if you want some come get some!
GRAHAM01
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games