LIVERPOOL VS SWANSEA CITY - Sat 5th nov - 3pm ko

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Kharhaz » Sun Nov 06, 2011 1:25 am

Kenny Kan wrote:Had someone else made those exact same comments re patients many would have thought fair enough.

Yeah that's exactly it, but when you see hypocrisy broadcasting on all channels, you have to comment on it !  :D
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby killerp » Sun Nov 06, 2011 2:34 am

Daglish is trying to push :censored: uphill with his team selection. We wasted half a match to find out Henderson was useless then the almost the other half to see Carroll was providing nothing. We looked much better with Belamy & Kuyt.

Don't know why we still look so disorganised & exposed at the back. Lucky not to concede 2-3 goals.

We are making the same old mistakes against the "lesser" teams. Good old Liverpool, looks like we will be waiting another 20 years at this f.ucking rate :angry:
killerp

Postby redtrader74 » Sun Nov 06, 2011 3:13 am

Same old mistakes, Adam in the middle is NEVER going work, Henderson on the the right is almost just as bad. Kenny needs to play the players in their correct positions or not at all, if he cant see this I don't understand why Clark hasn't??

The problem is if you spend £20m and £35m on players you will feel the pressure to play them and see that they do well, there is a strong case for Henderson, Adam an Carroll to be benched, but how will that make Kenny look...........? That is why he keeps persisting with them.
redtrader74
LFC Super Member

Postby alwayslfc » Sun Nov 06, 2011 3:36 am

I've always said that we need a quality right winger and from the Swansea's game, I noticed their right winger N.Dyer was good. I don't know anything about this guy before this game, but he was outstanding for Swansea on the right flank. If he can always play like this, we should buy him in the Jan window.

The table and stats don't lie. Our play have improved compared to last season, but our results have gone backwards. I don't need to say much more on this as it's plain for all to see. If things continue like this, I feel we'll finish 7th. Continue to call me Doom Merchant if you like, but I think this Doom Merchant could be right, unfortunately.

Let's see whether J.Henry has the money to make another 'Man City' out of Liverpool in a few more seasons time.
alwayslfc

Postby Reg » Sun Nov 06, 2011 4:03 am

MAJORLY pi$$ed off we've fallen back into the mode of dropping points to Mickey Mouse teams.... Norwich and Swansea. Kenny needs a kick up the ar.se as does Clarke and the team itself. All our rivals pulled 2 points clear of us yesterday. Completely unnecessary. Gutted.
Last edited by Reg on Sun Nov 06, 2011 4:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Johnny Boy » Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:51 am

Benny The Noon wrote:I'll say it again

11 games into the season and the knee jerk reactions are pathetic and embaressing .
After every disappointing result the reaction from the Internet fans is shocking and so overreaction .

If we beat Chelsea we will be on the same points as them yet people are talking like the season is over already.

This season was always going to be a building season with a lot of progress and the one thing we as supporters really needed to do was be "patient" while the work is done - yet people can't even manage that , too many expecting instant results and a quick fix.
Wake up and smell the coffee and be realistic .

Rubbish, nearly a third of the way through the season. Yesterday our midfield was outplayed by ruddy Swansea.

Kenny continues to play players out of position and under-use certain players.

Our central midfield is slow and pedestrian, I was at Anfield yesterday watching a team favourites for relegation play good passing and movement football, one touch and slick.

Only Enrique of the summer signings has done well so far and to think we spent £70 chuffin million on Carroll, Downing and Henderson is a joke. I don't care about the future for that sort of money I want an impact NOW not to be taught a football lesson by a so called team of no hopers!
Johnny Boy
LFC Super Member

Postby NANNY RED » Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:28 pm

Kenny Kan wrote:
Kharhaz wrote:
Benny The Noon wrote:There is some :censored: being spouted on here

Thank god our owner realises that it is going to take more than 11 games FFS and he isnt going to overreact and is going to give the players and manager a lot more time than some "fans" seem to be doing .

:laugh:  The hypocrisy !

Yes because when Roy was here he was shown all the patience in the world wasn't he ?

:D

He's got you there Benny.   :laugh:

No he hasnt ,

How can anyone put Kenny and the owl in the same class , The owl should never have been here in the first place , and most of us knew that .

Kenny has built a great side before and   he will do it again im sure . and if and its a big if he doesnt succed Kenny will know himself , he wont need to be told
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kenny Kan » Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:33 pm

NANNY RED wrote:
Kenny Kan wrote:
Kharhaz wrote:
Benny The Noon wrote:There is some :censored: being spouted on here

Thank god our owner realises that it is going to take more than 11 games FFS and he isnt going to overreact and is going to give the players and manager a lot more time than some "fans" seem to be doing .

:laugh:  The hypocrisy !

Yes because when Roy was here he was shown all the patience in the world wasn't he ?

:D

He's got you there Benny.   :laugh:

No he hasnt ,

How can anyone put Kenny and the owl in the same class , The owl should never have been here in the first place , and most of us knew that .

Kenny has built a great side before and   he will do it again im sure . and if and its a big if he doesnt succed Kenny will know himself , he wont need to be told

Yes he has, nobody likes a preacher who doesn't practice his own advice.
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby Kenny Kan » Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:36 pm

Funny. A few bad results and people who have kept a low profile spring out the woodwork and look to re-hash old flame-wars.

Get a f.uckin life will ya!

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:38 pm

Kharhaz wrote:
Benny The Noon wrote:Please remind me exactly where Hodgson took us .

I do believe we are 9 points better off and 8 places in the league  better off than this time last year .

That wasn't my point. You are whinging at the lack of patience shown towards Kenny and the players signed, and yet you showed exactly the same lack of patience last season and yet here you are criticizing others.

Please do remind us all how the Hodgson era went - please do remind us of the players Hodgson purchased .

If you want to hark back to the days where we were getting beat on a regular basis and were tumbling down the table to 4th from bottom then thats your problem to deal with .

Hodgson was rightly critisized - for his tactics , his results m his transfers , his words to the media , his slating of the fans and the club in the press .

The Hodgson era goes down as the worst in modern football - if fans showed paitence with him we would of seriously been playing championship football ( Hodgson track record proved that ).

If the fans show paitence with Kenny we will be back in the CL and challenging for trophies ( his track record proves that )
Benny The Noon

Postby NANNY RED » Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:43 pm

Kenny Kan wrote:Funny. A few bad results and people who have kept a low profile spring out the woodwork and look to re-hash old flame-wars.

Get a f.uckin life will ya!

i havnt been keeping a low profile ive been to busy going the match an traveling this season, And you know im correct comparing Roy with Kenny

and whats a flame war .
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kenny Kan » Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:45 pm

and whats a flame war

Causing the same old s.hit that used to be indicative of this board. The fact you're only replying to this discussion and not elsewhere kind of proves my point.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:46 pm

aCe' wrote:
Benny The Noon wrote:I'll say it again

11 games into the season and the knee jerk reactions are pathetic and embaressing .
After every disappointing result the reaction from the Internet fans is shocking and so overreaction .

If we beat Chelsea we will be on the same points as them yet people are talking like the season is over already.

This season was always going to be a building season with a lot of progress and the one thing we as supporters really needed to do was be "patient" while the work is done - yet people can't even manage that , too many expecting instant results and a quick fix.
Wake up and smell the coffee and be realistic .

Give it a break GYBS...
11 games in is almost a third of the season gone so its hardly knee jerk. Most of what is being said about the game and our tactics, transfers, and progression is not stuff that is coming up for the first time. Some of the mistakes that Kenny has done in the past few games are being repeated and it not only frustrates fans, but also costs us points that could very well be the difference between CL qualification and a mere top8 finish.

We are currently 6th only 3 points behind CL qualification - most of what you post is not knee jerk its others that need to get a grip

Theres still plenty of room for development and I honestly see nothing wrong with people discussing where they think the club is going wrong...

Regarding the whole 'work in progress and we're not looking for instantaneous results' argument, ill simply say this: you dont pay 120mill in 6 or so months and outspend everyone in the league to marginally improve your side or buy youngsters for the future. We seemingly made a host of mistakes in the transfer market and rather than brushing it aside, it might be better if everyone (Kenny included) just accepts that and try to see how the side can improve and be refined going forward.

Just because you and some fans may think a mistake has been made in the transfer market doesnt mean that an actual mistake has been made - how arrogant can you be.

The manager has forgotten more about the game that you will ever know .

11 games into the season and " fans " are talking about mistakes - how about give the players a bit longer to settle and gel ( while remarkably still being up near the top only loosing 2 games all season ) .

The over reaction and knee jerk is out of this world its so pathetic .

Even i didnt think we should of bought Adam but he is going to  at least be given time to prove my doubts wrong .

Its knee jerk reactions from fans that will ruin us - it wont be long before the boo's start and the calls for his head start from people who havent got a clue and expect us to be like Man City and Chelsea and the Mancs .

I have answered in your post
Last edited by Benny The Noon on Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Benny The Noon

Postby NANNY RED » Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:54 pm

Kenny Kan wrote:
and whats a flame war

Causing the same old s.hit that used to be indicative of this board. The fact you're only replying to this discussion and not elsewhere kind of proves my point.

So what do you want me to do . not discuss our manager , and just go into other threads and either slate or not slate our players , i never went the game yesterday i watched it on my computer , i had time to post so i posted . thats it , my opinion , im not singling anyone out i just remarked and commented on your post , no nastiness involved i just didnt agree with  you an Kharhaz . dont compare Roy to Kenny ,different class completly
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Zidane » Sun Nov 06, 2011 3:14 pm

It is true, some comments are OTT in here.  Right now I'm just worried about our CM pairing, for me Adam isn't as good as Jay is next to Lucas and our formation isn't ideal but it seems to be the one Kenny has in mind long term.  It is a long season though, I think we'll get a clearer picture of where we are at the midway point of the season.
Zidane

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games