Liverpool vs Swansea 21/01 12:30

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Doeboy » Sat Jan 21, 2017 5:45 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Jan 21, 2017 4:31 pm wrote:
maguskwt » Sat Jan 21, 2017 3:26 pm wrote:I would just like to re-iterate that this is just a terrible terrible result. Losing at HOME to bottom of the table club?? WTF!
Man City whom people have been saying is free falling, will be LEVEL on point with us if they win their game this week...

How pathetic is that?  :veryangry

Since Chrimbo our form has pretty much fallen off a cliff, by the time we play our next league game against Chelsea it will have been a month since our last win in the prem.
A month without a win is relegation form never mind title winning form!

Blimey, in the cold light of day that is pretty damning. 2 pts from a possible 9 in games v Sunderland, Mancs and Swansea really is a dreadful return.
Doeboy

Postby kopend79 » Sat Jan 21, 2017 6:02 pm

Every team hoping to win the title will experience these blips, but these aren't blips for us, they're semi regular events, and have been for awhile now.Still plenty of games to go, but this month has highlighted the fact that we still need more quality right through the spine of the team.
kopend79
LFC newBie

Postby leeroy74 » Sat Jan 21, 2017 6:24 pm

I said it when he took over...   I'll say it again...  he's all hype and *****. He talks the talk, charms the media with some bizarre interviews , falls out with a prolific goal scorer like sturridge,  has a problem with a quality CB in sakho,  lines the team up wrong and doesn't make the subs in time.  And we're supposed to support this for how long exactly?  Time to rethink Mr. Klopp.  Or is it time to rethink about Mr. Klopp? Me personally ...  I'd send him packing.  He's no better than Brendan Rodgers and the proof is in the results.
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby only me » Sat Jan 21, 2017 6:53 pm

leeroy74 » Sat Jan 21, 2017 5:24 pm wrote:I said it when he took over...   I'll say it again...  he's all hype and *****. He talks the talk, charms the media with some bizarre interviews , falls out with a prolific goal scorer like sturridge,  has a problem with a quality CB in sakho,  lines the team up wrong and doesn't make the subs in time.  And we're supposed to support this for how long exactly?  Time to rethink Mr. Klopp.  Or is it time to rethink about Mr. Klopp? Me personally ...  I'd send him packing.  He's no better than Brendan Rodgers and the proof is in the results.

Crazy talk but at least you made me smile....
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby devaney » Sat Jan 21, 2017 7:53 pm

I sat directly above Klopp and during the first half he was conspicuous by his absence in his box. He remained firmly sat on his ar.se and actually seemed to be happy with the incredibly lacklustre performance. The Liverpool fans were also amazingly quiet. There was a lack of urgency and interest. Liverpool literally only started to get stuck in when they were 2-0 down.

Klopp decided to play Lallana in a position where he has proved poor. That linked with his post injury drop in form certainly compounded our problems. Selecting Klavan ahead of Matip seemed very strange. Perhaps Matip wasn't fully fit. Playing Henderson, Can and Wijnaldum together is simply stupid and beyond my comprehension. Just what do they create. We might as well have been playing with a seven man defence and even then they managed to leak in three goals. Bringing on Sturridge to replace Coutinho was strange given that nobody seemed to want to give Danny the ball !! Maybe Coutinho was knackered after his time out due to injury.

Today's result, similar to the Europa League debacle was largely down to selection and tactics. A plan B does not appear to be something that Klopp has in his repertoire.
Last edited by devaney on Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:13 pm

Wow what can we say. Fecking pathetic to say the least. our defense is atrocious. A bunch of clueless douchebags at the back.
The goals conceded were a joke. Lovren can't defend to save his life neither can Klavan. Our challenges to high balls are pathetic. 2nd goal x2 swansea players bullied into x3 of our players and managed to head it in.
The 3rd goal made me laugh. Ball bobbled past 4 of our players.
Klopp needs to get Matip in a.s.a.p and give Sakho another chance.
We've got no real leader at the back.

Only thing i enjoyed for Firmino goals. Really well taken.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:36 pm

I really wanted to see Ojo play, sadlt he did not even make the bench. We need pacey width. We were too narrow abd made it easy for Swansea to deal with.
Our Full backs are not like Riise and won't offer that attacking threat.
Can has regressed he seems lathargic, an average Joe.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Doeboy » Sun Jan 22, 2017 12:46 am

Most frustrating thing is, had we got 3 points today, we would have been 7 pts behind Chelsea (assuming they beat Hull tomorrow) going into the home game against them. I always back us to beat our direct rivals at home and you can bet your bottom dollar we will end up beating them but will end up narrowing the gap to 7 points when it should really have been 4 points if we had won today like we really should be to the bottom club. 4 points behind the leaders at the end of January would have been a fantastic position to be in but 7pts  just gives them that comfortable buffer.

So frustrating. Just can't get these ***** results out of our system. It's being going on for years
Doeboy

Postby killerp » Sun Jan 22, 2017 12:59 am

I have no doubt we will bounce back and beat Chelsea now. Then we will lose or draw with another bottom dweller and repeat then process. Nobody should be stunned by this result as it happens quite frequently and is becoming predictable.

This squad is the stuff of nightmares to actually watch as a supporter, how it goes from attacking brilliance to whatever this was?

Not to mention embarrassing beyond belief when having to face any supporters in the league.
killerp

Postby redshade » Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:02 am

Doeboy » Sun Jan 22, 2017 12:46 am wrote:Most frustrating thing is, had we got 3 points today, we would have been 7 pts behind Chelsea (assuming they beat Hull tomorrow) going into the home game against them. I always back us to beat our direct rivals at home and you can bet your bottom dollar we will end up beating them but will end up narrowing the gap to 7 points when it should really have been 4 points if we had won today like we really should be to the bottom club. 4 points behind the leaders at the end of January would have been a fantastic position to be in but 7pts  just gives them that comfortable buffer.

So frustrating. Just can't get these ***** results out of our system. It's being going on for years

Yup i know its frustrating. Had we also beaten Bournemouth we would have only been a point behind Chelsea. These pathetic displays are always costly.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Doeboy » Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:34 am

killerp » Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:59 pm wrote:I have no doubt we will bounce back and beat Chelsea now. Then we will lose or draw with another bottom dweller and repeat then process. Nobody should be stunned by this result as it happens quite frequently and is becoming predictable.

This squad is the stuff of nightmares to actually watch as a supporter, how it goes from attacking brilliance to whatever this was?

Not to mention embarrassing beyond belief when having to face any supporters in the league.

Just trying to put my finger on why we slip up against these so called lesser teams. I mean it's not even like these teams are putting 10 men behind the ball and nicking a goal from a set piece or something and then defending for their lives under a constant attack from us where you can we were just unlucky. The bottom team came to Anfield today and put 3 past us. We let in 4 against Bournemouth after being 3-1 up with 15mins left. I mean there has to be a fix to this as these kind of results have nothing to do with luck. Is it the mental approach and application? Maybe thinking we can just turn up and roll teams over?

I know these weird results can and do happen but we have an uncanny knack of these happening to us a few too many times in a season. Makes it even worse, because it's not like it's due to poor form. We can go beat a direct rival and then follow it up with a result like today.

I mean even last season, lost 2-0 to struggling Newcastle team, lost 3-0 to Watford, lost 3-1 to Swansea, 2-1 to Crystal palace, lost 3-2 to Southampton after being 2-0 up at half time. And at the same time we go to Chelsea and win 3-1, go to Man City and win 4-1 and beat them at home 3-0, hammer Everton 4-0. Just a real jekyll and hyde side to us and we need to fix it, because you will struggle to be consistently successful with so much inconsistency.

Yes we have been much better this year, but these freakish results are still coming along too frequently for my liking and imo it's not down to just being unlucky
Doeboy

Postby Doeboy » Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:52 am

Just as a comparison, these are losses the teams around us have had this year

Ourselves - Burnley, Bournemouth, Swansea

Chelsea - Lost to us, Arsenal ad spurs
Spurs - Lost to Chelsea and Mancs
Arsenal - Lost to us, Man City and Everton
Man City - Lost to us, spurs, Chelsea, Leicester, Everton,
Mancs - City, Watford, Chelsea

Apart from maybe City losing to Leicester (poor this year but still current champions) and Mancs losing to Watford, no what you would call real surprise losses for the teams in and around us. Obviously these are just the losses and maybe points lost to draws against the lesser sides might add more to the story but find it interesting that we are comfortably ahead when it comes to surprise losses. Obviously that can be countered with the fact we are top of the table when it comes to points gained versus direct rivals but interesting nonetheless.
Doeboy

Postby redshade » Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:56 am

Beating the top teams loses the icing on the cake when we lose against poor sides. It just feels meaningless. We can be top of the table for the top 6 playing each other but whats the point when we can't even beat lower sides.
We thought Burnley was a freak result. It just keeps happening to us.
Last 15 means vs Bournemouth was diabolical same as today.
Well atleast we are consistent at something. Consistent at dropping silly points.
Like few said bet you guys will beat Chelsea next week. Thats how we roll...
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby eds » Sun Jan 22, 2017 2:28 am

Soul crushing result really.  :down:

It's becoming fairly obvious now that Klopp is beginning to struggle against the lesser defensive teams that park the bus either home or away.

That's the pattern in all these games we have played against these teams we should have beat. Which then turns into ridiculous scorelines like 4-3 or 3-2, etc.

Klopp has really been found out with not having a proper break during winter and will need to re-adjust accordingly for the rest of this season.

The tactics will need to change because he knows he can't keep expectating a different result against these types of teams with the same way he sorts his formation against the top 6 sides in the league.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby Reg » Sun Jan 22, 2017 2:51 am

Very, very disappointing.

We dominated the first half like a toothless tiger.

I'm not convinced the defence is to blame as the midfield didn't turn up yesterday, where was Can, Henderson... it was painful.

We have no recognised striker. We didn't convert the first half domination into goals because of that we don't have a goal animal.

Nice bunch of lads but feckin' useless.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games