Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Doeboy » Sun Jan 22, 2017 7:09 pm

Next 5 league games..

v Chelsea(h)
v Hull(a)
v spurs(h)
v Leicester(a)
v Arsenal(h)

Almost written in stone what will happen. Will get a minimum of 7 points from the games against chelsea, spurs and arsenal and then also have our usual slip up against either Hull, Leicester or the game after Arsenal at home to Burnley
Doeboy

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:10 pm

Doeboy » Sun Jan 22, 2017 12:52 am wrote:Just as a comparison, these are losses the teams around us have had this year

Ourselves - Burnley, Bournemouth, Swansea

Chelsea - Lost to us, Arsenal ad spurs
Spurs - Lost to Chelsea and Mancs
Arsenal - Lost to us, Man City and Everton
Man City - Lost to us, spurs, Chelsea, Leicester, Everton,
Mancs - City, Watford, Chelsea

Apart from maybe City losing to Leicester (poor this year but still current champions) and Mancs losing to Watford, no what you would call real surprise losses for the teams in and around us. Obviously these are just the losses and maybe points lost to draws against the lesser sides might add more to the story but find it interesting that we are comfortably ahead when it comes to surprise losses. Obviously that can be countered with the fact we are top of the table when it comes to points gained versus direct rivals but interesting nonetheless.

Interesting stuff, thanks for that Doeboy.
Couldn't bring myself to watch any of the footy today, that result yesterday has just sickened me.
Losing at home to the bottom side  :no
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Doeboy » Sun Jan 22, 2017 10:26 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Jan 22, 2017 8:10 pm wrote:
Doeboy » Sun Jan 22, 2017 12:52 am wrote:Just as a comparison, these are losses the teams around us have had this year

Ourselves - Burnley, Bournemouth, Swansea

Chelsea - Lost to us, Arsenal ad spurs
Spurs - Lost to Chelsea and Mancs
Arsenal - Lost to us, Man City and Everton
Man City - Lost to us, spurs, Chelsea, Leicester, Everton,
Mancs - City, Watford, Chelsea

Apart from maybe City losing to Leicester (poor this year but still current champions) and Mancs losing to Watford, no what you would call real surprise losses for the teams in and around us. Obviously these are just the losses and maybe points lost to draws against the lesser sides might add more to the story but find it interesting that we are comfortably ahead when it comes to surprise losses. Obviously that can be countered with the fact we are top of the table when it comes to points gained versus direct rivals but interesting nonetheless.

Interesting stuff, thanks for that Doeboy.
Couldn't bring myself to watch any of the footy today, that result yesterday has just sickened me.
Losing at home to the bottom side  :no

Tell me about it mate, absolutely gutting result that I really never saw coming. Anyway, got to focus on solidifying a top 4 place and take each game as it comes and not look to far ahead IMO. If come May we are somehow close to Chelsea and in with a chance of the league, great but top 4 has to be the first aim. Realistically, don't see Chelsea slipping up with the team/squad they have and no Europe to worry about. They just churn out win after a win. Teams have blips during a season but theres no sign of them having one so far. Maybe will happen in the next few months but we'll see
Doeboy

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Jan 22, 2017 10:55 pm

We've all seen this before, our team of  eleven walking the football around the park like they had been spiked with Artane, we seen it at Burnley and we've seen it return in our own backyard whilst supposedly defending our unbeaten home record  ??? Baby passes, bad crosses ,under hit balls this game cursed us with all of these blights, the same blights we believed had been exercised. I mean were was the urgency, were was the pulse that has propelled this team forward this season ?

I'm genuinely at a loss to explain but what was evident was the atmosphere reflected the turgid football we were all enduring.

I had hoped those players once labelled as bottlers would ensure such a title could never be used against them again, but the Swansea game found another 10 willing to carry that particular placard, only Firmino showed the requisite heart for the battle, and only he earned the right to shelve any blame.

Saturdays game was a complete aberration and I'm hoping its an anomaly that will never be allowed to play out at Anfield again !
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby leeroy74 » Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:54 pm

Don't hold ya breath.  I'll put money on at least another  3 ***** performances at anfield this season.  Resulting in draws or loses. Klopp has not got it mate, whatever anyone thinks he's proving to be no better than the last regime
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby devaney » Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:13 am

Losses to poor opposition are always frustrating especially after getting a point at United that should have been 3 except for a useless linesman. I don't think the situation is quite as drastic as some of you are suggesting. Hopefully you will be taken off suicide watch after the next few games  :laugh:
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:24 am

leeroy74 » Sun Jan 22, 2017 10:54 pm wrote:Don't hold ya breath.  I'll put money on at least another  3 ***** performances at anfield this season.  Resulting in draws or loses. Klopp has not got it mate, whatever anyone thinks he's proving to be no better than the last regime

Listen Lee, Anfield had become a fortress before yesterdays unexplainable deterioration in quality, I have thoroughly enjoyed being at Anfield this season more than I have for many a year. Surely you cant believe we were more equipped under that charlatan than we currently are under Klopp  ??? 

Seriously mate, the football we have played this season has been nothing short of miraculous given the few additions he has made, the transformation of players that we thought had played their last for this club has been remarkable and that is largely down to the manager.

A dip was always going to come, it happens to all teams throughout the season at some juncture and we seem to be experiencing ours of late, but great managers turn it around quickly and Klopp is exactly that!  I mean frankly Klopps quality is not even debatable, he's one of the top coaches in world football and I'm sure Guardiola, Conte will and Wenger will concur.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby eds » Mon Jan 23, 2017 1:16 am

leeroy74 » Sun Jan 22, 2017 10:54 pm wrote:Don't hold ya breath.  I'll put money on at least another  3 ***** performances at anfield this season.  Resulting in draws or loses. Klopp has not got it mate, whatever anyone thinks he's proving to be no better than the last regime

With the players we have none of us expected to be challenging for the title this season.

To add to this he went through almost a whole year (Jan 2016 to Jan 2017) not losing a SINGLE game at Anfield.

His record since he took over Liverpool against the top 5 clubs are as follows:

GAMES 18
WON 8
DRAWN 9
LOST 1

And somehow you delusionally think he is on the same level as your hero the used car salesman  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

Yeah we are all really p**sed we have lost games to some minnows this season, but in retrospect we are talking about 3 or 4 f**king times! It's not like we lost to Stoke 6-1  :rasp

I thought that Algymoon clown was the biggest wind up on this forum but you have taken it to another level.

Jog on you clueless flog.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby Doeboy » Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:24 am

Overall we are in a great position. I just think the media started touting as as challengers etc and maybe everyone got a bit carried away with it all. Chelsea are having an exceptional season so maybe the big gap between them and the rest is making the other teams a bit worse than they are.

Also people are just frustrated with the nature of out losses. Way we lost to Bournemouth would wind any fan up and the same yesterday.

But overall we are in a good position coming into that final stretch now.
Doeboy

Postby leeroy74 » Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:39 am

f*ck off EDS you c*nt. I've explained to you already , BR certainly wasn't my hero.
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby aCe' » Mon Jan 23, 2017 3:54 pm

leeroy74 » Mon Jan 23, 2017 1:39 pm wrote:f*ck off EDS you c*nt. I've explained to you already , BR certainly wasn't my hero.

:laugh:

This is fun.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby leeroy74 » Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:24 pm

well I've tried to explain my stance on BR loads of times but he uses the same lines over and over and always against me. Not to mention the PM's which are disgraceful. He needs to stop stalking me.
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:15 pm

Catfight. I love it :D
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby Mikz » Sat Jan 28, 2017 3:47 pm

Glad i didnt take the bet Leon. 2 up so far
'' Gary lineker may well have scored 5 goals in 5 minutes , but i think you have to say, what else did he do '' ...Jimmy Hill
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games